Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who will be the new Charlton coach? - p103. Nathan Jones confirmed

Comments

• Options
    Surely must be a chance that AMB doesn’t play Saturday following the head injury from last weekend.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    RedChaser said:
    If you are not under pressure surely you should pass back to the side of the goal. 
    Absolutely, that’s what we were taught at school when we were kids because keepers in the 60’s weren’t very good with their feet to play outfield and were stuck in goal 😉 
    Back then keepers would have been allowed to pick the ball up! They solely kicked the ball from goal kicks 
    Dear old Les Berry was really reliant on the back pass to Nicky Johns or whoever.

Nicky would gather it and punt it downfield.

Len, there was a terrible game at Orient once when Les Berry broke the record for pass backs to the keeper to pick up. I think it was 0-0.
    Best rule change since you could've a sub. 
    That comes as no surprise.
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    He's been in charge for 49 hours, and the club said it would be early this week, and it's still early this week 
    Most likely tomorrow on the players day off 
    I wouldn’t be shocked if the players are not getting a day off this week. A lot to work on. 
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    If you are not under pressure surely you should pass back to the side of the goal. 
    Absolutely, that’s what we were taught at school when we were kids because keepers in the 60’s weren’t very good with their feet to play outfield and were stuck in goal 😉 
    You played in goal then :)<3
    No, but you did in 5 aside apparently as you could touch that crossbar 😉
    Now, the story is I was the school goalkeeper at 5-a-side but got dropped after being lobbed.
  • Options
    8:30 tonight on the club YouTube channel 
  • Options
    Jones Interview dropping at 8:30pm tonight on YouTube! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rothko said:
    He's been in charge for 49 hours, and the club said it would be early this week, and it's still early this week 
    Most likely tomorrow on the players day off 
    I wouldn’t be shocked if the players are not getting a day off this week. A lot to work on. 
    They take Saturday afternoon off currently 😆
  • Options
    What about those people eating their dinner at 8.30pm?

Club ignoring its UK "legacy" fans as usual to tap into lucrative overseas new fan markets.

Middle of the working day here - not very convenient for me.
  • Options

Club ignoring its UK "legacy" fans as usual to tap into lucrative overseas new fan markets.

Outrageous I’m not missing Martin Lewis, it’ll have to wait till later.
  • Options

Middle of the working day here - not very convenient for me.
    Suits the news investors they are about to announce who funded the Jones deal though 
  • Options
    On timing of the release of this interview, it got me thinking about one of life’s big questions ……. does @Callumcafc ever sleep?

No Callum doesn't sleep as he loves his cricket in India as well but I heard he has the odd power nap of 30 mins before there is action somewhere in the world of sport and business.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    AMB is NOT a keeper for a team in a relegation dog fight. No where near good enough for where we want or need to be as a team.
    Fixed for you J. 
  • Options
    Get the badge in
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RedChaser said:
    It helped that they could pick up a back pass as well 
  • Options
    edited February 8
    _MrDick said:
    Good to see he's not given up.

This is a proper spit your coffee out moment. I’m sitting on the train pissing myself. The people around me think I’m a nutter 

edit: This photo has to go into the Charlton Life Hall of Fame best photos 
    Knowing you, i make the people around you right. 😉
  • Options
    Mmmmm.

Fake pic all day long, unless I have missed something on previous unvisited posts.
  • Options
    Mmmmm.

Fake pic all day long, unless I have missed something on previous unvisited posts.
    Really?

I'm pretty certain that life's too short for people to be adding Stone Island badges to jackets worn by Nathan Jones for some nefarious reason - his choice of clothing is hardly a global event.

You might be right though. For our local press perhaps faking Stone Island jackets is more interesting than making people cross their arms and look miserable for an article about pot holes. 

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/sport/nathan-jones-indicates-he-had-previous-charlton-athletic-contact-and-had-extensive-talks-with-owners-before-taking-role/

• Options
    Or if you are not under pressure pass the bloody thing forward. 
  • Options
    Or if you are not under pressure pass the bloody thing forward. 
    Yes and on the outside.
  • Options
    Bloody hell. It’s Thursday already. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    I noticed that as well, I heard that to keep the players on their toes Nathan has changed the order of the week days to the one they use in Wales. It’s going to cause some chaos for fans in two days time when people wake up and realise it’s Saturday already…
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    I noticed that as well, I heard that to keep the players on their toes Nathan has changed the order of the week days to the one they use in Wales. It’s going to cause some chaos for fans in two days time when people wake up and realise it’s Saturday already…
    Our defence doesn't usually know what day of the week it is on a Saturday :(
  • Options
    edited February 8
    CAFCDAZ said:
    Port Vale had 29 shots, 12 on a target. As much as AMB made some decent reflex saves that game, they are more in line with what I expect a keeper to be able to deal with. It’s all the other parts of his game that worry me - he’s quiet, his distribution is sooooo slow, he is not particularly great at coming for crosses, he has a tendency to punch the ball back into danger areas. 

To be honest I’m not sure Istead is the answer, though I think he is certainly worth a go. At this level I’d want to have a big physical beast who can command his area
    All i read there was bring back Dillon  :D i'd take him just for another Phillips inspired Twist and shout at the end of next season alone. I think AMB's biggest default problem is his lack of communication. His distribution is also very slow but for me its the talking, or lack of a bollocking for his defenders when they do make mistakes. I sit not to far from the goal and i've never heard him. That for me is a massive factor of any good defensive unit. Isted isnt the answer, just re-watch the games he started and the goals conceded. Not dissimilar to AMB. 
    I agree that Isted is worth a go, after the ridiculous punch out and the slap/flap where AMB went to punch it out, both seen from the other end in the second half on Saturday. Isted was rated at Luton and with a proper defence, he might just be the answer.
    Rated at Luton ? he played 3 games in 6 years & played non league in 30/40 games. Apparently had a decent spell at Barnsley when their first choice got injured. In all he's played 27 league games, he might be a better choice than AMB at the moment who really knows but the answer? I'd be very surprised, he doesn't look any better than AMB & we definitely need a new number one for next season. 
    Think what you like. I lived in a village north of Luton for fifteen years  and have many Luton supporting friends. On the night  of Luton's biggest win in the 1980's I was  in my local pub only to be joined by the entire Luton team who chose it as a place to celebrate. Yes, those local supporters I know, have been with Luton through thick and thin, go to watch their team train when permitted etc. just like our ardent supporters. They all had a good opinion of Isted, knew he wasn't going to pull up roots as a player in the premier league but rated him from what they had seen.  Having watched AMB at fairly close quarters he still doesn't have the confidence to take off the mask and play, and continues to have frailties and not command the defence. My opinion, your entitled to yours.