Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who will be the new Charlton coach? - p103. Nathan Jones confirmed

Comments

• Options
    nagAddick said:
    You're right - I had to watch back cos he was easy to miss.

#Promote
  • Options
    edited February 5
    NTT20 pod worth a listen. 
  • Options
    Thought Ali and George spoke really well about the problems we've got and how NJ is the right man to solve them. Interesting to hear the Diamond brought up.... 
  • Options
    Team are having a proper wake up call,with a Welsh rocket up their arse & boy it’s needed…had it too easy for a long long time now…hope this is the start now of the fight to stay up 

& not a hand in the pocket either…👍
  • Options
    I wonder even after just a few days on the training ground we might see some selection changes. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:
    NTT20 pos worth a listen. 
    Really like the sound of how flexible he is tactically, both formations and styles of play. We haven’t had that since Bowyer.
    His tactics to keep them in the championship against Blackburn were superb, just kept changing formation never gave up catch it on YouTube. 
  • Options
    Has he destroyed any table tennis tables yet? 

I hope he's a bit of a bastard! 
  • Options
    Start reminded me more Karl Hyde on a big one 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    NTT20 pos worth a listen. 
    Really like the sound of how flexible he is tactically, both formations and styles of play. We haven’t had that since Bowyer.
    Yeh, that’s what stood out for me too. Adapts to what he has available.
  • Options
    edited February 5
  • Options
    I really like the look and sound of that video he obviously demands 100% and rightly so ! Now we will see which of this squad are coasting as they won’t like this new regime I don’t think. Wouldn’t surprise me if we see some starting line up changes 
  • Options
    He’s terrifying. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Thought Ali and George spoke really well about the problems we've got and how NJ is the right man to solve them. Interesting to hear the Diamond brought up.... 
    Something similar to the diamond we played under Bowyer could work for us. The split forwards working each channel and providing crosses for the other striker as we did with Taylor and Grant would suit Ladapo and May much better than whatever we were trying to do with them on Saturday. Dobbo or REG in the Bielik role, Coventry in the Cullen role, Camara (I'll be optimistic and say we can get him fit) or Watson in the Aribo role. Who would at the forward point of the diamond n the Jamie Ward/Johnnie Williams role is the big question.

Apparently at Stoke NJ massively favoured the Diamond because of the squad he had. Was more 3412 at Luton but I think the diamond is the best use of what we have , I agree that we don't have someone that's a natural No10 though unless Louie Watson could play further forward or a possible chance for Anderson? 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Something similar to the diamond we played under Bowyer could work for us. The split forwards working each channel and providing crosses for the other striker as we did with Taylor and Grant would suit Ladapo and May much better than whatever we were trying to do with them on Saturday. Dobbo or REG in the Bielik role, Coventry in the Cullen role, Camara (I'll be optimistic and say we can get him fit) or Watson in the Aribo role. Who would at the forward point of the diamond n the Jamie Ward/Johnnie Williams role is the big question.
    Tarique Fosu could play the Tarique Fosu role😂 He and Ward rotated it for the first half of that season. 

A serious answer, maybe Tyreece Campbell? He’s played centrally before and in the diamond would have a bit of freedom to drift out wide 

I think we will play 3 at the back anyway, first focus is going to be on being more solid defensively. Maybe next season when we’ve got a proper 10 we might switch to the way Jones really wants to play 
  • Options
    NabySarr said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Tarique Fosu could play the Tarique Fosu role😂 He and Ward rotated it for the first half of that season. 

A serious answer, maybe Tyreece Campbell? He’s played centrally before and in the diamond would have a bit of freedom to drift out wide 

I think we will play 3 at the back anyway, first focus is going to be on being more solid defensively. Maybe next season when we’ve got a proper 10 we might switch to the way Jones really wants to play 
    The day Appleton played Campbell in the middle was the day I knew it wasn’t going to work for him.

If we’re being honest. If we play the diamond, Camara is our best shot there. He just has to not be crocked the entire time. 
  • Options
    I wonder even after just a few days on the training ground we might see some selection changes. 
    Would be very surprised if we didn't, honestly. He'll probably want to ring the changes and put his own stamp on the team early doors. 
    I don't think he's the kind of person (or manager) who's going to have much time for a midfield three of Bakinson, Dobson & Coventry, gives up far too much initiative.

I wouldn't want to guess exactly what the team/formation will be yet but I don't expect anyone to be thinking they are a guaranteed starter at this point.
  • Options
    I hope he rides them like Zorro with piles...
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Maybe. Although I’m not sure I’d want to expose the fullbacks if they’re Watson and Edun. 
  • Options
    nagAddick said:
    You're right - I had to watch back cos he was easy to miss.

A true lol moment, brilliant :-)