Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who will be the new Charlton coach? - p103. Nathan Jones confirmed

Comments

• Options
    edited February 5
    RC_CAFC said:
    I'm really impatient for Saturday now!
    There’s a lot of quite clever bods on here, but I don’t think they’ve mastered the art of time travel….. yet.
  • Options
    redbuttle said:
    I just hope we stay up. Jones sounds a strange character based on the interviews I've heard.

I'm quite amazed at the mess we're in.

We will stay up no question we are not in a mess now we finally have good owners but their  trying to work their way through the mess of the last 18 years … that’s not going to be sorted in 6 months 
    Another episode of Jackanory.
    Fact .. 
  • Options
    redbuttle said:
    I just hope we stay up. Jones sounds a strange character based on the interviews I've heard.

We will stay up no question we are not in a mess now we finally have good owners but their  trying to work their way through the mess of the last 18 years … that’s not going to be sorted in 6 months 
    Another episode of Jackanory.
    Fact .. 
    Great...so you are agreeing with @redbuttle...🤷‍♂️
  • Options

Well we sorted the announcing of the managers contract to take place yesterday whilst being told it couldn’t happen because the LMA couldn’t rubber stamp it because they don’t work weekends.
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    We have had two Welsh Captains:
    Mark Aizlewood and Don WELSH 😀
    Don't forget Leighton Phillips.

1969-1971 Graham Moore played for Cafc.
    The Welsh international surely captained the side ?
    Could be quite a few 🤔
    I mentioned Moore just below your previous post, Moore defo was the captain of quite a useful team, and he came to us in 1967, left in '71
    Think Nathan might be the first Welsh manager though.
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Rothko said:
    Completely ignoring his Southampton time. They failed to win their last six games at the end of the 21/22 season under Hasenhuttl. Jones came in during the November after he was sacked after winning twice in nine games. They were easily the worst team in the league regardless of manager.

Jones actually went unbeaten in his first three league games there.They won two league games in sixteen after he left. 
    Was going to say that when they got rid of him, the guy who came in after him (Ruben Selles) did even worse, an 11% win rate. So this pretty much shows it wasn't on the manager, their team was just abysmal.

Sheffield United this season are another example. Chris Wilder slightly improved Sheffield United when he took over, but they've reverted to being well beaten 
    But Sheffield United are proper proper shit, and are going down regardless. We're not proper proper shit, we're just meh, but that should be mid table league 1, not shit ya pants stuff that happening now 
    The table does not lie.
    It doesn't, but the comparison with Sheffield United is just nonsense, we haven't been done 8 and 5 at home this season, and look completely useless 
    I have not compared us to Sheffield United.
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Rothko said:
    Completely ignoring his Southampton time. They failed to win their last six games at the end of the 21/22 season under Hasenhuttl. Jones came in during the November after he was sacked after winning twice in nine games. They were easily the worst team in the league regardless of manager.

Jones actually went unbeaten in his first three league games there.They won two league games in sixteen after he left. 
    Was going to say that when they got rid of him, the guy who came in after him (Ruben Selles) did even worse, an 11% win rate. So this pretty much shows it wasn't on the manager, their team was just abysmal.

Sheffield United this season are another example. Chris Wilder slightly improved Sheffield United when he took over, but they've reverted to being well beaten 
    But Sheffield United are proper proper shit, and are going down regardless. We're not proper proper shit, we're just meh, but that should be mid table league 1, not shit ya pants stuff that happening now 
    The table does not lie.
    It doesn't, but the comparison with Sheffield United is just nonsense, we haven't been done 8 and 5 at home this season, and look completely useless 
    Killerflash did as part of the thread, do keep up dear chap 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rothko said:
    Rothko said:
    Rothko said:

The table does not lie.
    I compared Nathan Jones' SOUTHAMPTON team to Sheffield United
  • Options
    Pompey have 11 more clean sheets than us this season. Poor sides like Cambridge and Lincoln have 8 more than us... 

• Options
    Rothko said:
    Rothko said:
    Rothko said:

The table does not lie.
    Sorry, I'll try.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Sue Gallop speaking very highly of NJ on Charlton Live. 👍
    3 lols (and one like) for this. Is this because of anti Jones sentiment, or anti Sue sentiment?
     Neither for me, just that your post made it sound like we should take note of her ringing endorsement for some reason.
  • Options
    Pompey have 11 more clean sheets than us this season. Poor sides like Cambridge and Lincoln have 8 more than us... 

Maybe we took the wrong centre back from Cambridge 😉
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Would guess the Huddersfield owners were on the phone before Moore got binned 
  • Options
    Maybe a time to change the thread title...i think we know who our Manager is now...🙄
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 6
    Gribbo said:
    Maybe a time to change the thread title...i think we know who our Manager is now...🙄
    Rumour it's Nathan Jones
    So i've heard...is he any good...🙄

• Options
    Taking the club an absolute age to get the first interview out. Would've thought that would've been dropped this morning.
  • Options
    Taking the club an absolute age to get the first interview out. Would've thought that would've been dropped this morning.
    The training  is more important than an interview. 

I’d rather not hear anything and just let him get to work. 
    I would've thought the interview had already been filmed though
  • Options
    A couple of interviews he did for Southampton and Stoke were car crashes...so maybe that why they have decided he isn't the best at media interviews and have stuck with a still shot...
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    "A manager I know who would have been a perfect fit for Charlton was telling me he turned the job down when Appleton got it because the whole ownership structure was complicated. He felt there were too many voices above and that put him off."