Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST MATCH THREAD : Charlton Athletic Vs Oxford Utd : Monday 1st January 2024 : KO 15:00

Comments

• Options
    Modern day football is a squad game and when you have don’t have any senior attacking options on the bench you are always going to struggle. For 60 mins we played really well. Final 30 mins was attack v defence. 

Most baffling subs I have seen at Charlton for a while. Fraser/Thomas in and Watson/CBT off. 

Can’t criticise any of the players as they all put a shift in. 

Did they put a shift in? Personally thought majority looked like they couldn’t give a toss. 

CBT may as well have stayed in the dressing room at HT. All the subs basically walked onto the pitch and looked as tired as the rest within 5 minutes. 

I’m all for players being young, inexperienced etc, but bare min should be 100% and certain players get no where near that most weeks. 
  • Options
    My only complaints were the non sensical subs. Thomas was an effort to protect a point and it immediately backfired and we are then chasing the game with a left footed centre half at right back with a right back on the bench. Then taking off CBT to bring on Casey, I mean WTF? Not a game to bring Casey on. Keep CBT up front and give that a go. Kanu didn't look as shattered as Anderson or Campbell so why not keep Kanu on and stick someone up top alongside him? And what has Watson done wrong? Shagged Apples missus? I don't care if he's going back tomorrow he should at least have come off the bench today, he is forward thinking and can pick out a pass. I thought the subs were all wrong. Apples got it wrong. He's got to go. I've zero faith in him getting us out of this league, ever.

Other than that I've no real complaints. Every one of them put in the required committment, busted every gut, tried their best but some are not good enough whilst others not experienced enough. The players were not to blame today.
    He will get us out of this league. Just not in the direction we want.
  • Options
    NabySarr said:
    1-1 against Oxford - Holden goes attacking and we lose to a late goal.

1-1 against Oxford - Appleton goes defensive and we lose to a late goal.

Maybe we’re just not at the required level.
    Appleton has better players available but is now on a worse run than Holden was and against weaker opposition
    The only difference between the squad Holden had in his last game and the squad Appleton currently has available is Tennai Watson.
    What about all the other games he’s taken charge of?
  • Options
    Appleton will say we lost because of an excellent strike but the problem is he had the space to make a strike. Subs were poor, Thomas definitely isn't a RB and Fraser was awful. Felt sorry for Casey and Rylah but at least they ran around and showed some fight. Although TC wasn't great I think it made a difference having a proper winger out on the wing. If he's fit for the next game I'd like to see May for Kanu. C Campbell's height might be enough to help May with the headers
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not all down to Apples, we have now got 4 centre forwards out FOUR, Chuks, Alfie, Miles, and Tedic, as highlighted by Curbs, the team is too young, and we are playing kids everywhere, because we have no choice, the team is knackered and dejected because of lack of experience, so not all down to him.
    We desperately need some new faces and quickly or yes things will continue on the downward spiral...
    100% agree with this.
  • Options
    This interview he’s giving now, is he alright?!
  • Options
    Addick_8 said:
    Find it amazing some think he shouldn’t be sacked. 
    I haven’t see anything to suggest it’s worth keeping him. Was the wrong appointment from the start. 
    It’s because we know no one better will come in
  • Options
    Hope and pray there are 4 teams worse than us in the division.

@oohaahmortimer isn't doing his percentages anymore which tells its own story.
  • Options
    Appleton asked about injuries: he says McGrandles back mid January, Camara and Aneke back end of January.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    aliwibble said:
    Croydon said:
    What were those subs? Indefensible.

Fraser is poison. Fuck him off asap
    He came on in the 83rd minute  when we were 2-1 down and you pick him out as poison ! weird 

No he didn't. You can clearly see him in the shot backing off from the player that shoots  to make it 2-1.
    Your right - my mistake but if you ask me the whole set up is poisonous not just Fraser and that's down to Appleton and the person who employed him. 
  • Options
    Appleton asked about injuries: he says McGrandles back mid January, Camara and Aneke back end of January.
    Don’t need to sign as many players then…how handy
  • Options
    NabySarr said:
    1-1 against Oxford - Holden goes attacking and we lose to a late goal.

1-1 against Oxford - Appleton goes defensive and we lose to a late goal.

Maybe we’re just not at the required level.
    Appleton has better players available but is now on a worse run than Holden was and against weaker opposition
    The only difference between the squad Holden had in his last game and the squad Appleton currently has available is Tennai Watson.
    Yes, but Appleton got a period with Leaburn/Aneke returning from injury. Thats our only good period this season. Maybe right to let Holden go, but why if you are only going to leave the post to someone desperate for a job.
  • Options
    Brown and Curbs saying they feel sympathy for Appleton - nothing going his way.
  • Options
    SIX points off relegation now and i don't see a win in this team. We need to make a change yesterday.