Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST MATCH THREAD : Leyton Orient Vs Charlton Athletic : Tuesday Boxing Day 2023 : KO 13:00

Comments

• Options
    Wouldn't be at all surprised if Alfie put in a transfer request if nothing is forthcoming within 7 days of the window opening, he must be feeling "why did I agree to come here"...🤷‍♂️
    If I was Alfie I'd be saying to Appleton....

"I'm playing up front. If you play me out wide I'm just going to move inside & play centre forward where I've played all my life. Its up to you boss but I know whose side the fans will be on". 
    1. Any decent manager would drop you and have you training with the reserves.

2. May played up front today and was, again, ineffective there.

There is no big man available for Alfie to play off whether he’s in a two up top or playing the 10 in behind. That’s the biggest problem with Alfie right now.
    tedic?
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Wouldn't be at all surprised if Alfie put in a transfer request if nothing is forthcoming within 7 days of the window opening, he must be feeling "why did I agree to come here"...🤷‍♂️

"I'm playing up front. If you play me out wide I'm just going to move inside & play centre forward where I've played all my life. Its up to you boss but I know whose side the fans will be on". 

There is no big man available for Alfie to play off whether he’s in a two up top or playing the 10 in behind. That’s the biggest problem with Alfie right now.
    tedic?
    and even when chucks and leaburn were fit he was being played in the hole coz apples is wedded to 433 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

tedic?
    Yeah that about sums it up lol
  • Options

He played up front today! 
  • Options

Any manager dropping May would be hounded out by the fans before half time. 
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Croydon said:
    Only positive was the crowd fully turned on them at the end, both players and Appleton.

I genuinely hate every single one of them. 
    1. "only positive was the crowd turned on them". what possibly positive can come from that?
    2. If you "hate" them please take a break it will be better for you own mental health.
    These people go week in week out. Up and down the country. They are entitled to their views
    I am assuming that they want to see a winning side. Maybe they just want to drown themselves and the club in negativity. They can do that anywhere in the country they like. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    swordfish said:
    I don't believe our current predicament is down to fan apathy, or anger for that matter. 
    No one has said it is as far as I can see?
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:

tedic?
    and even when chucks and leaburn were fit he was being played in the hole coz apples is wedded to 433 
    For all intents and purposes, he was a second striker in that formation. It gave him the opportunity to arrive late in the box and finish off our moves. It was working really really well.

I would be in favour of putting Alfie back in that role if we can get another striker in that fits that mold.
    I agree with this. Get L Watson alongside Dobson, May in the attacking midfield / second striker spot where he can ghost into spaces and play a freer role then play wingers on the wing and get a lumpy striker up front. I thought Kanu did that job pretty well on Saturday and would get him back there against Bristol.

Re today’s game, I didn’t go but can totally understand the fans giving them pelters afterwards, it was another horrible performance against a bang average team and, even if we had nicked the win, it would only be papering over the cracks.

• Options
    BigDiddy said:
    DDOUBLEE said:
    Croydon said:
    Only positive was the crowd fully turned on them at the end, both players and Appleton.

I genuinely hate every single one of them. 
    1. "only positive was the crowd turned on them". what possibly positive can come from that?
    2. If you "hate" them please take a break it will be better for you own mental health.
    Okay, so they should be clapped off and praised for their efforts 👏👏👏
    1. You don't have to clap or boo.
    2.If it's the case that the team really is below standards for L1, how is abuse and booing going to help? They will need to put in performances above their ability ,that will require extra effort and concentration. How will  it help to have our fans shouting " you're f**king useless"  or similar .
    Don't blame them if they leave at the first opportunity. And why would more talented players want to join us?
    I'm disappointed, but if you don't like don't go again. You're not helping.

Club is dead unless everything changes, so that is why some fans show anger. Fans apathy will kill the club off even quicker. What is your solution ?

Foul abuse by the "fans" is not a solution. Negativity will drag the team down further. This makes it worse.
    How can players perform confidently when they know they will be abused for mistakes. They play safe and that that is unlikely produce winning results.
  • Options
    Didn’t bother to watch don’t really have any appetite to watch I want better but at the moment there’s no indication it will get better and I’ve seen enough from the current mob to know less than half the team care 
  • Options
    Strangely enough, heard the same from someone sat behind the dug out on Saturday that Mr Motivator was stoic throughout the game
  • Options
    It was crap on Saturday, so the best response is to be completely unchanged.

I know our squad is thin because of injuries, but not one teensy weensy little re-jig, or maybe two?

It's as if exploiting MBick recently is some kind of message being sent out somewhere by Appleton.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:
    It was crap on Saturday, so the best response is to be completely unchanged.

I know our squad is thin because of injuries, but not one teensy weensy little re-jig, or maybe two?

It's as if exploiting MBick recently is some kind of message being sent out somewhere by Appleton.
    I think most people would've been happy (content) with this. There isn't much he can do with the starting 11 if sticking with the same formation but playing them in more sensible positions might help. 

AMB

T Watson  Hector  Jones  Edun

Dobson  L Watson 
                             May
    C Campbell                      CBT
                            Kanu
  • Options
    What the crocodile hat was that 
    We seem to have slipped back into the same old shit & heading into another Manager merry go round gutted big time 

• Options
    Two very poor teams. However, bad we are we should never have got beat today. Gifted three points to Orient. Defending for the goal was pathetic.We were second best the whole 2nd half. Got two matches before window reopens. We need oven ready signings to go in to the starting 11 for port vale. 

Felt sorry for Kanu today. Really struggled on the right wing position. 
  • Options
    We need some Prem quality loanees (not Tedic). 
  • Options
    I only listen.
    But I can’t remember a season where I’ve heard, ‘over hit pass’ so often.

What the feck do they do in training?
    Isn't this basic stuff?

I can see the bottle of Baileys being demolished tonight!
    Bailey's got bottle ?

Sign him up ! 
  • Options
    Brown sums it up perfectly .. the manager and most of the 'players' are roving mercenaries 'playing' for the cash and certainly NOT for the shirt .. even the 'home grown' graduates to the first team don't seem to show the fervour for the club that I expect, or am I being too hard here .. whatever, the way out of the club's present limboland will not be easy, signing management and players with the necessary zeal will be expensive and will take a long time i m o .. still Luton managed it and so have countless other temporarily 'fallen giants'. We can only hope that our time will come again
  • Options
    Watched a stream, and went to Peterborough v Reading. Big differences, Peterborough mostly keep the ball on the ground,  neat passing,  playing into spaces where they know a player will run into. Reading play with passion,  2-2. We lack both. 

Consensus from Peterborough supporters,  JCH is shit and lazy.