Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST MATCH THREAD : Leyton Orient Vs Charlton Athletic : Tuesday Boxing Day 2023 : KO 13:00

Comments

• Options
    Croydon said:
    Only positive was the crowd fully turned on them at the end, both players and Appleton.

I genuinely hate every single one of them. 
    1. "only positive was the crowd turned on them". what possibly positive can come from that?
    2. If you "hate" them please take a break it will be better for you own mental health.
    Okay, so they should be clapped off and praised for their efforts 👏👏👏
  • Options
    Loads of people saying Appleton out...who replaces him?
     And how many transfer windows as he got?
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    A lot of Rose tinted glasses about our academy but those lads out there today are just not good enough for L1. Combine that with a bunch of journeymen who aren’t good enough and it’s a lower position L1 team who will probably flirt with relegation unless there is an injection of capital from our esteemed owners. 
    This is not a new thing IMO.  We talk up the academy regardless of the quality/promise of a particular player or cohort - treating them all as though they were a Shelvey or Gomez.  OK, we want these lads to do well, but too often we are slow to realise they are not ready, or not good/committed enough, or lacking confidence and needing a step back to go two forward (as with Karlan Grant).  Tyreece needs a loan out for sure, he is not a L1 player at this point.  Possibly Kanu as well - too much is being expected of him at  the moment.

But this is not our only problem, obvs.

Sweeping - if rather hopeful - changes have to be made for Bristol, if only to make a point that today is unacceptable.  How badly do some players have to play to be left out?  I would consider dropping both Dobson and Fraser (among others), perhaps AMB too, because his hesitancy dealing with crosses is definitely part of the problem.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I really didn't like Bowyer by the time he left, but we need that nasty bits back.
    You've got more front than Brighton. After all the criticism you can come to that conclusion 
  • Options
    It feels like Appleton is just part of the gravy train as was Holden. 

Swapping one non descript manager for another does not suggest a football philosophy or grand plan. 

They were appointed too easily for my liking and I assume because behind the scenes conversations were happening long before the actual appointments were made. 

They will all benefit from wages and pay offs courtesy of the new owners. 

Yet the same money didn’t get spent on the squad or a better manager in the first instance. I’m sure Appleton will now be gone. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2023
    That was a truly pathetic performance. How this clown of a manager can play either May or Kanu out wide shows how much of a club he does not have
  • Options
    What a horrible match to watch, so little quality, so much hoofball 

Fraser tried to play a bit but he’s definitely someone that needs quality around him and there was nothing there today, CBT completely sussed with Pratley always covering his inside run

I get that Appleton has injuries but nothing he does or says inspires me and this has turned  into yet another drab season, who in their right mind would sign for us 

Merry Christmas 
  • Options
    Watched the first half on a stream. Couldn't bare to watch any more of that crap as I knew what was coming.

Anyone who thinks the owners are gonna splash the cash are deluded. 
  • Options
    Appleton, Mike Bassett would do a better job. Joke appointment dread his new signings, seems to have no decent knowledge of football at all. As I keep saying must have been a cheap as chips appointment!
  • Options
    No good MA moaning about injuries, When he came in, many injured players got fit and for a while we were buzzing, but like Holden, he has to get through many injuries before he goes
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    I’m not normally prone to hyperbole, but that might be the worst match and performance I’ve ever seen. 
    We need at least five signings who are better, and stronger, than what we’ve got. 
    We need a target man, so we can hit free kicks long into their box sometimes, rather than faffing about. 
    We need to learn how to take long throws, or sign someone who can, rather than faffing about.
    We need players who see the last ten minutes of a tied contest as a chance to go for the win, rather than players who get paralysed by a fear of losing.
    We need experienced players with a bit of character.  
    Spot on James.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    DDOUBLEE said:
    Croydon said:
    Only positive was the crowd fully turned on them at the end, both players and Appleton.

I genuinely hate every single one of them. 
    1. "only positive was the crowd turned on them". what possibly positive can come from that?
    2. If you "hate" them please take a break it will be better for you own mental health.
    Okay, so they should be clapped off and praised for their efforts 👏👏👏
    No one said that. 
    We have too many young and inexperienced players on the pitch who get scared in the last ten minutes. I think they play better when the crowd are on their side. But that’s expecting a lot when they play that badly. 
    We’ve been shit for weeks, give the crowd a reason to be on side then!
  • Options
    fenn3098 said:
    Loads of people saying Appleton out...who replaces him?
     And how many transfer windows as he got

No way I'd give him a transfer window
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DDOUBLEE said:
    Pratley made Dobson look like a fool
    Dobson thinks he is better than he is.

Good riddance if they sell him
  • Options
    Those Half Season tickets are going to need a re-print......

Instead of saying £160 they need to say COMP. 
    Would not even free tickets would tempt me back - absolute shite
  • Options
    Whoever you replace Appleton with, has to be backed in the transfer window. The young players need to come out of the side. The side looks like it's carrying players, Tyreece Campbell looks shot of confidence, fair play to Kanu for keeping going, especially with Maynard Brewer aiming drop kicks at him, but he shouldn't be anywhere near the starting eleven. We can't hit free kicks anywhere near the opposition back four because we have no height, I know the midfield struggles with having no forwards to hold on to the ball, but how many goals have they chipped in this season, Dobson could be called prolific compared to Fraser and whoever. There is a lot wrong and only the board acting in the transfer window will sort it.  
  • Options
    One of the few games I haven't watched this season and quite happy about that. Sounded dreadful.

Our only decent spell of games this season was when Aneke was available. Before and since have been poor to OK, though the team showed at Barnsley that they can play decent football but, unfortunately, with minimal goal threat.

Everything seems wrong: keeper and defence conceding unnecessary goals and lacking communication, midfield lasking fight and movement, strikers being played in ineffective positions.

Some of the players, niot all, are easily good enough for this level. It goes deeper and b=needs sorting out. The seaon is already a write-off and these last games have probably ruined our chance of decent January signings.