Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST MATCH THREAD : Leyton Orient Vs Charlton Athletic : Tuesday Boxing Day 2023 : KO 13:00

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2023
    Off_it said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    I really didn't like Bowyer by the time he left, but we need that nasty bits back.
    B ... b ... bu ... bu ... but ....... he made one of our players cry ..........
    This lot could make  him cry and call it evens.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I really didn't like Bowyer by the time he left, but we need that nasty bits back.
    The only nasty bit we'd get from Bowyer, is him knocking out 11+ men in the dressing room after a game like that! 
  • Options
    Stockley scores
  • Options
    Stockley scores
    Ssshh, some get upset when you tell them about past players 🤗
  • Options
    Wank
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    I don't think the current ownership is capable of hiring a good manager or recruiting a competent squad, you can give them as many transfer windows as you like. 
    They actually make the guitar playing egoist and his hapless son look like professionals. 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Shirts from this classic available now! 🤪 https://www.matchwornshirt.com/category/charlton-athletic
    Added bonus that you won’t need to wash them as no bugger even broke a sweat wearing them 🤬
  • Options
    I can't believe how poor we've become. 
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Gribbo said:
    Any reason why we cant look into just keeping the Match thread as the Post Match thread? Just lost a Grapevine sized post on there because it was closed halfway though typing it.

Get yourself one of these little gizmos. You'll never regret it, especially if you use the money you've put by to watch Charlton. Win win (except for Charlton).

Yeah, but once you press "post" when the thread has been closed, the text box dissappears along with anything that was in it
  • Options
    Wank
    Too much information 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I felt no real emotion when Appleton was appointed frankly because he’s not the sort of appointment that inspires any emotion. He has as much charisma as a tin of magnolia paint. What disappointed me is that he is the sort of routine mark time appointment that the stagnant or punching above their weight clubs make and I was sorry that that was what we had come to. All the more so as it was a statement of intent from our brave new owners.  It is already clear that it was a mistake. He is evidently not getting the best out of a squad that is in itself hugely overrated. We had better players in every position today than Orient but we were rank bad. Kanu on the wing, Alfie on the wing. 75 minutes to make any changes. Absolutely clueless. He cannot be allowed to input into a transfer window surely as Scott and co must now realise that he has lost both the dressing room and what is left of the rapidly diminishing support. Half season tickets are available folks. Yeah right!!!  Another season rendered pointless before the New Year (unless we capitulate completely but there is some proper sh1t below us so I’m assuming heroically that we won’t). 

Appleton aside though, do we really continue with the view that we have a playoff worthy squad?  Leave our crocks aside for a minute. We laud George as our finest even though he is no more than a journeyman league 1 standard midfielder who makes up in effort and determination what he lacks in genuine class. Fair play to him but we overrate him. As we do CBT who flatters to deceive for about ten minutes per game. Hector could be romping it at Premier league level. He has all the assets. But he isn’t and there’s a reason for that.  We have nothing in midfield. Fraser and C Campbell are lightweights. L Watson I fear flatters to deceive but isn’t getting the chance to prove otherwise. We haven’t had a decent keeper since Dillon. Our youngsters are overrated and thrown in before they are ready.  T Watson, Edun etc are just, well, beige. We are not as good as we think we are folks (or as we feel entitled to think).  That said, we are a damn sight better than we have been producing.  There are shining lights like Alfie, Jones and (despite my assessment above) Dobbo. But they are not enough.  This team needs major surgery. And quickly. But most of all we need a forward thinking manager who can be given the resources to change the direction of this once mighty club before we disappear completely into oblivion. Before you ask, I don’t know who that person is. But it isn’t my job to know. I sure know who it isn’t!!!

Happy Christmas! 
    I hope 'there is some proper sh1t below us,' because I am beginning to get a bit worried!!!
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Brownie & Lisbie tearing the team's attitude and work ethic to shreds. 
    Brownie gets it, never gonna happen but give him the job! Thinks like a fan and has football experience. Could not be any worse than it is now?
    Plus he'll be cheap which seems to be the preferred option for a managerial position, who ever the owner is/are....
  • Options
    So here we are again!  I could revert to my time worn expletive in bold, paragraph type and leave it at that.  It covers all sorts of emotions in these now resigned familiar circumstances.

I could dash off a long winded post amongst the many about what we all know is wrong.

This club is dying.  Sigh!
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Brownie & Lisbie tearing the team's attitude and work ethic to shreds. 
    Brownie gets it, never gonna happen but give him the job! Thinks like a fan and has football experience. Could not be any worse than it is now?
    Plus he'll be cheap which seems to be the preferred option for a managerial position, who ever the owner is/are....
    Players these days can’t be managed by the likes of Brownie.
    Poor cherubs 🙄
  • Options
    Wank
    ers 
  • Options
    I felt no real emotion when Appleton was appointed frankly because he’s not the sort of appointment that inspires any emotion. He has as much charisma as a tin of magnolia paint. What disappointed me is that he is the sort of routine mark time appointment that the stagnant or punching above their weight clubs make and I was sorry that that was what we had come to. All the more so as it was a statement of intent from our brave new owners.  It is already clear that it was a mistake. He is evidently not getting the best out of a squad that is in itself hugely overrated. We had better players in every position today than Orient but we were rank bad. Kanu on the wing, Alfie on the wing. 75 minutes to make any changes. Absolutely clueless. He cannot be allowed to input into a transfer window surely as Scott and co must now realise that he has lost both the dressing room and what is left of the rapidly diminishing support. Half season tickets are available folks. Yeah right!!!  Another season rendered pointless before the New Year (unless we capitulate completely but there is some proper sh1t below us so I’m assuming heroically that we won’t). 

Appleton aside though, do we really continue with the view that we have a playoff worthy squad?  Leave our crocks aside for a minute. We laud George as our finest even though he is no more than a journeyman league 1 standard midfielder who makes up in effort and determination what he lacks in genuine class. Fair play to him but we overrate him. As we do CBT who flatters to deceive for about ten minutes per game. Hector could be romping it at Premier league level. He has all the assets. But he isn’t and there’s a reason for that.  We have nothing in midfield. Fraser and C Campbell are lightweights. L Watson I fear flatters to deceive but isn’t getting the chance to prove otherwise. We haven’t had a decent keeper since Dillon. Our youngsters are overrated and thrown in before they are ready.  T Watson, Edun etc are just, well, beige. We are not as good as we think we are folks (or as we feel entitled to think).  That said, we are a damn sight better than we have been producing.  There are shining lights like Alfie, Jones and (despite my assessment above) Dobbo. But they are not enough.  This team needs major surgery. And quickly. But most of all we need a forward thinking manager who can be given the resources to change the direction of this once mighty club before we disappear completely into oblivion. Before you ask, I don’t know who that person is. But it isn’t my job to know. I sure know who it isn’t!!!

Happy Christmas! 
    Brownie knows? 
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Addick_8 said:
    For a manager that’s “good on the grass” I’d love to know what we do all week to play like this over the last few games. 

Wrong choice of manager. Anyone who starts the same 11 as that shit performance we put in last week clearly hasn’t got a clue. 
    Feels crazy say sack him but I wouldn’t trust him with a transfer window. 

Half of these players needs to go, and that includes CBT. January isn’t going to be enough time to sort this mess out.

So's a Donkey, you wouldn't have a donkey in charge...hang on a minute...🤔
  • Options
    Finding it very hard not to go ballistic after that performance, absolutely disgusting.