Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST MATCH THREAD : Leyton Orient Vs Charlton Athletic : Tuesday Boxing Day 2023 : KO 13:00

Comments

• Options
    Pratley made Dobson look like a fool
  • Options
    The issues remain, they are obvious, they go back a few years and need addressing. there’s literally nothing else to say.  
  • Options
    Appleton absolving himself of any blame. 
    “I can’t make wholesale changes”
    ” we played it too long, overhit our passes etc”

Review your tactics you numpty. 
    Stop that nonsense passing around at the back, and get the ball to the wing ASAP. 

Browny says it will take either a ton of money or loads of time. 
    Looks like we are gonna be down here for a few more seasons. 
    Not how I saw the game. Plenty of long balls went towards the wing, it didn’t stick and came back almost instantly every time.

A game where I actually wanted more passing around the back rather than less.
  • Options
    The team needed to prove a point today, and they just haven't. Fraser is going backwards as quick as his passing is, and Chem was a complete non entity for most of the match, leading to Dobson being the one trying to make forward runs from midfield, only for us to pass sideways or hold on to the ball. We as a unit were playing scared today, trying to be safe and therefore created little. Kanu, Campbell and Fraser need to be dropped and we need to try something else 
  • Options
    Very glad I decided to give this a miss. After Saturday's limp performance we needed a reaction today. 11 fired up players, ready to show a bit of passion and commitment.

I've never been as anti Appleton as others here, but had the hump on Saturday about the attitude on the pitch, and reading the comments, nothing has changed.

Welling Vs Dartford lacked quality, but a reminder of what it looks like when you see  teams giving 100%.
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Aribo scores for Saints, I know, who cares
    Doughty scores for Luton🤗
    Who cares about Aribo scoring?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Think that the team have to have that desire which is lacking right now, We can't always blame the manager all the time even if they get the setups wrong.
    A good case in point is Wrexham under former manager Parkinson,.they have played with desire and gusto these past couple of seasons and always seem to find a way back when losing 
    Sir Alex Ferguson.once said. "When the team plays with heart and desire.they always make a manager look good, When they don't the manager is always the first one to blame from the fans".
  • Options
    Oakster2 said:
    What is Appleton bringing to the table? We are getting worse every week. No discernible tactics, no passion, no interest, no commitment, no intensity, no hunger, no style, no effort, no care, no pride, no shame.

He is doing with us, what he did in his last job with Blackpool
    Fair comments, but who is next through the door after him? No sane person would come here. 
  • Options
    Whilst the squad is useless, it should be enough to beat Leyton Orient. 

No excuses
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I really didn't like Bowyer by the time he left, but we need that nasty bits back.
  • Options
    We are very easy to make money from at the moment on the betting sites. Either when drawing or ahead, it is very predictable.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Brownie & Lisbie tearing the team's attitude and work ethic to shreds. 
    Reckon they're 100% on the money and can't think of a manager on planet earth who'd be able to change that.

Just think that players at this level, who maybe dont tick all tne boxes re, speed / ability / fitness etc, should ALL be able to tick the commitment box, without any coaxing, and I think we've genuinely only got 3 or 4 that do. Seems like it's been a constant problem for the last x amount of years
  • Options
    Wish I hadn't bought a season ticket now - can't bring myself to keep going to the games when the players and manager are insulting us with their lack of effort and commitment - would rather watch my local non-league team.
  • Options
    Charlton Pathetic Football Club … Ruining Christmas since 1905. 
  • Options
    Shirts from this classic available now! 🤪 https://www.matchwornshirt.com/category/charlton-athletic
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Any reason why we cant look into just keeping the Match thread as the Post Match thread? Just lost a Grapevine sized post on there because it was closed halfway though typing it.

Get yourself one of these little gizmos. You'll never regret it, especially if you use the money you've put by to watch Charlton. Win win (except for Charlton).

• Options
    Off_it said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    I really didn't like Bowyer by the time he left, but we need that nasty bits back.
    B ... b ... bu ... bu ... but ....... he made one of our players cry ..........
    Aye it was me that was annoyed at him for what was called 'bullying youth team players'.

However it wouldn't be bullying to call out these shitheads.