Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST MATCH THREAD : Leyton Orient Vs Charlton Athletic : Tuesday Boxing Day 2023 : KO 13:00

Comments

• Options
    fenn3098 said:
    Loads of people saying Appleton out...who replaces him?
     And how many transfer windows as he got?
    I reckon any of us on here would do better than Appleton. Couldn't do any worse. 

New prize for the crossbar challenge - being the manager for the next match. Really couldn't do a worse job.

• Options
    Has anyone on here got any thoughts on Appleton's accountability?
  • Options
    Next match is away at Bristol Rovers. They have just beaten the league leaders Pompey. 
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    12 points off playoffs, 10 points off relegation. Makes you feel good doesn't it. Don't say we have games in hand to some teams, if your not winning, it doesn't matter 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    I’m not normally prone to hyperbole, but that might be the worst match and performance I’ve ever seen. 
    We need at least five signings who are better, and stronger, than what we’ve got. 
    We need a target man, so we can hit free kicks long into their box sometimes, rather than faffing about. 
    We need to learn how to take long throws, or sign someone who can, rather than faffing about.
    We need players who see the last ten minutes of a tied contest as a chance to go for the win, rather than players who get paralysed by a fear of losing.
    We need experienced players with a bit of character.  
    And I think we should and hopefully push the boat out in the transfer window to get what is needed or are at least start building a team for next season.
    Play offs not happening this year but surely better to start to gather a core together now who can play together Rather than 8/10 new players in July/August?
    None of that will happen.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DDOUBLEE said:
    Croydon said:
    Only positive was the crowd fully turned on them at the end, both players and Appleton.

I genuinely hate every single one of them. 
    1. "only positive was the crowd turned on them". what possibly positive can come from that?
    2. If you "hate" them please take a break it will be better for you own mental health.
    Okay, so they should be clapped off and praised for their efforts 👏👏👏
    1. You don't have to clap or boo.
    2.If it's the case that the team really is below standards for L1, how is abuse and booing going to help? They will need to put in performances above their ability ,that will require extra effort and concentration. How will  it help to have our fans shouting " you're f**king useless"  or similar .
    Don't blame them if they leave at the first opportunity. And why would more talented players want to join us?
    I'm disappointed, but if you don't like don't go again. You're not helping.

I pay hard earned money to watch this side , I’m entitled to my opinion just like every other supporter who wants better for our club, who were 5th in the prem 20 years ago
  • Options
    Addick_8 said:
    For a manager that’s “good on the grass” I’d love to know what we do all week to play like this over the last few games. 

Wrong choice of manager. Anyone who starts the same 11 as that shit performance we put in last week clearly hasn’t got a clue. 
    Feels crazy say sack him but I wouldn’t trust him with a transfer window. 

Half of these players needs to go, and that includes CBT. January isn’t going to be enough time to sort this mess out.
    What I said earlier. 14 points off the play offs we should use this window and the summer one to be preparing for next season and that starts now with replacing the manager 
  • Options
    Wouldn't be at all surprised if Alfie put in a transfer request if nothing is forthcoming within 7 days of the window opening, he must be feeling "why did I agree to come here"...🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    I don't believe our current predicament is down to fan apathy, or anger for that matter. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2023
    BigDiddy said:
    Gribbo said:
    BigDiddy said:
    DDOUBLEE said:
    Croydon said:
    Only positive was the crowd fully turned on them at the end, both players and Appleton.

I genuinely hate every single one of them. 
    1. "only positive was the crowd turned on them". what possibly positive can come from that?
    2. If you "hate" them please take a break it will be better for you own mental health.
    Okay, so they should be clapped off and praised for their efforts 👏👏👏
    1. You don't have to clap or boo.
    2.If it's the case that the team really is below standards for L1, how is abuse and booing going to help? They will need to put in performances above their ability ,that will require extra effort and concentration. How will  it help to have our fans shouting " you're f**king useless"  or similar .
    Don't blame them if they leave at the first opportunity. And why would more talented players want to join us?
    I'm disappointed, but if you don't like don't go again. You're not helping.

Club is dead unless everything changes, so that is why some fans show anger. Fans apathy will kill the club off even quicker. What is your solution ?

My solution would be to stick with the manager and make funds available to him. Imo, we can only judge the owners and Appleton after they've been given a decent amount of time. That's not defending him or them, it's just stating what I personally think is the most sensible way of approaching the problem as it stands.

Think the most accountable party in all this at the moment are the players.

Also think to keep chopping managers is most definitely not the answer.

The whole place needs leadership and inspiration - a trained monkey could see that.

Appleton is useless and will not get any better, even with new players.

The current squad [fit players] is useless, aside from May, who will leave. I also said that EVERYTHING needs changing - getting rid of Appleton will not solve the problem, but keeping him will guarantee failure too. He is incapable of inspirational leadership, which along with good owners is what we need. Your solution keeps us in terminal decline 

I think there's two scenarios here;

1- The ideal world scenario that would allow us to change EVERYTHING from the bottom up and it all turn out perfect with no hiccups.

2- Clearing out a bit of what we've got and hoping what's left will work with whatever is brought in.

It seems that you're thinking we'd need to start another 3 / 4 / 5 + year plan by changing everything wholesale?

I'm more hoping that, with a few new signings and a fair wind, we can blag it under Appleton and be there or there abouts next season. 
  • Options
    Went to the game hoping to be entertained, I paid my money and i took my chance.
    What i saw was 22 below standard players, (Lets not kid ourselves Orient are world beaters)
    Being refereed by someone whose  turn it was from the home teams "Dads", (The officials were that poor!).

We started the game playing sub-standard football, and just got worse. I have never seen so many players who cant control a football, and cant pass into space for a team mate to run into. 
    We could not beat what was for me a 4-4-2 pedestrian team lead by a 38yr old.

Why i waste £120 a year supporting the academy, when Campbell looks not much more than a pub team player, and another one who cant take a throw on.
    No wonder they got a roasting when they came across, with Appleton and another player with what looked like smirks on their faces. 

I would have made them run back to the Valley, via Greenwich foot tunnel with 20kgs of kit.

I going to BR, because i support the club. How much longer i have to put up with " dont give a f@%k players" I dont know. 

But i was here before them, and i will be here long after these shirkers have gone.

Name the players with smirks.....let me guess Fraser, Hector, T Watson and Edun ? 
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    12 points off playoffs, 10 points off relegation. Makes you feel good doesn't it. Don't say we have games in hand to some teams, if your not winning, it doesn't matter 
    14 off play offs.
  • Options
    Pony football which should have been a 0-0 but for our comical defending and complete lack of quality. Dan Kanu is not a winger, why play him there? 
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    14 off play offs.
    I put up 12 points before games had finished, thanks for correcting 
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Thought we could not put in a more lifeless performance than the Burton game. I was wrong. Watched the game in the home end in disbelief at a lack of desire from any of our shower of shite 

• Options
    ross1 said:
    14 off play offs.
    This is completely and utterly unacceptable. 
  • Options
    Wouldn't be at all surprised if Alfie put in a transfer request if nothing is forthcoming within 7 days of the window opening, he must be feeling "why did I agree to come here"...🤷‍♂️
    If I was Alfie I'd be saying to Appleton....

"I'm playing up front. If you play me out wide I'm just going to move inside & play centre forward where I've played all my life. Its up to you boss but I know whose side the fans will be on". 
    1. Any decent manager would drop you and have you training with the reserves.

2. May played up front today and was, again, ineffective there.

There is no big man available for Alfie to play off whether he’s in a two up top or playing the 10 in behind. That’s the biggest problem with Alfie right now.