Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD: Charlton Athletic vs Burton Albion: Saturday 23rd December 2023 | KO 3:00pm

Comments

• Options
    More often than not we dominate possession, play the ball around and make the opposition do the running around throughout the game. Yet it's us who look knackered at the end of games, often leading to a mistake that leads to an opposition goal. We aren't fit enough.
    100% this.
    I said the same myself straight after the game
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    You could see it in the last moments of the game. We started losing second balls and 50-50s against a team we dominated beforehand. This was what they gambled on and it was a good bet. We can't play that way. Even Cray took advaage of it. Offensively, too slow, too many touches, nobody with that hunger and drive. I've had it up to here with one or two of them. This team can not sit back against any side. Even a pub side.
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Thought CBT, Dobbo and May all off the boil today and Hector - Puts in a decent cross to make the goal / Gets caught ball watching for the equaliser.
    He wasn't alone there though was he...
  • Options
    As others have said. Lack of urgency again. Fraser slow and ponderous but when he went off it was worse. Plus terrible decision making all over the place. We had a 4 against 2 and messed that up. 
  • Options
    If I had any say in the running of this club, that clown Appleton wouldn't last until the end of the year!
    Worst appointment since Karoy Farear (whatever his name was!
  • Options
    Utterly pathetic. Everyone expected Burton to equalise.

Embarrassing...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is it true Dobbo is out of the Orient game.. 5 bookings? If so another disappointment beckons. 
  • Options
    Surely we will not be getting MA choice of players but Scott's choice, that way, when MA goes and is replaced, the style of play will be decided by Scott who will make sure the new head coach will play the way he wants with the players brought in to play that way
  • Options
    Porridge (the film) starts in 10 mins. It's the one where a "celebrity 11" visit Slade prison for a football match. 

We'd probably lose against either of them at this rate.
    Prison Officer Beale lives over by Greenwich Park so I'm sure he'd turn out for us if we asked nicely.

We'll be lucky to get Buck Tarbrush in the January window.
  • Options
    Four words to describe that … ‘Same shit, different day’

Goodnight 
  • Options
    Is it true Dobbo is out of the Orient game.. 5 bookings? If so another disappointment beckons. 
    No the time limit on that has passed and it's now 10 bookings I believe.

It's very impressive that Dobbo went months without getting booked. 
  • Options
    We will most probably get stuffed by Orient to add more joy to our holiday spirit.
  • Options
    I think bookings were reset after game 19 a few games ago..
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Surely we will not be getting MA choice of players but Scott's choice, that way, when MA goes and is replaced, the style of play will be decided by Scott who will make sure the new head coach will play the way he wants with the players brought in to play that way
    That is the model of ours and other clubs, yes.
  • Options
    If I had any say in the running of this club, that clown Appleton wouldn't last until the end of the year!
    Worst appointment since Karoy Farear (whatever his name was!
    But who do we bring in now.? I guarantee it wouldn't  change no matter who comes  in..Appleton didn't make the team completely lack bottle and without a leader on the pitch.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

You can’t blame MA he having to work with the game he been dealt someone else’s cards .. January can’t come quickly enough for him now .. he puts his faith in the players who are letting him down personally i would drop CBT now until he sorts his future out of gets his head in the right place to play in our red shirt 

• Options
    Groundhog day! Nothing changed from 2 weeks ago.
    Another draw against poor opposition who are best summed up by the fact that their support could have all arrived in a taxi. No disrespect to them btw.
    Ive not heard what our clueless manager has to say, it really doesn’t matter. 
    Please don’t give me the line of he’s not had a transfer window, these aren’t his players etc. etc.
    Appleton is out of depth and needs to go.
    That’s about as bad as I’ve seen in over over 60 years!
    That’s probably the last we’ve seen of Dobbo. Maybe CBT too but I’m not so worried about losing him especially after his efforts today. Poor decision making again and a failure to simply chip the keeper in the second half summed him up.
    The season will peter out into nothing and so we’re already left praying for August to come asap.
  • Options
    No
  • Options
    When is Chucks and Leaburn back?.
  • Options
    jbaker said:
    Same post match comments coming I assume. . . New players needed. Lack mentality. Need leaders. Unlucky. . . Think potentially Appleton is in trouble. It’s not Andy Scott’s money so not too sure why he gets so much agg. Season is done already, almost makes the other games of the festive period pointless after today.
    Andy Scott at Notts Forest was a disaster.
    Look on Forest forum.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    At least we can now concentrate on the Cups…!!!

🥹
  • Options
    We are limping to the January window.

Only five wins in 15 under Appleton isn’t good enough for where we want to be.

On the other side of the coin, only two losses in 15 is a massive improvement on how many games we were losing. Extrapolated over a season that’s only six losses which is the type of numbers you’d see out of automatic sides.

We need the January window to be a good one and hopefully some of these really frustrating draws can be turned into wins.