Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD: Charlton Athletic vs Burton Albion: Saturday 23rd December 2023 | KO 3:00pm

Comments

• Options
    Just no fight in this team other then Dobson, May & maybe Jones. 
  • Options
    Absolutely useless Apples clueless on how to close a game out. Decided probably that’s it for me for a while, still don’t fully understand why we can’t at least try 2 up front.

Surely he must understand playing a shit team at home and only having a couple of shots on target is useless.

Think in Adkins we have an absolute dud.
    I mean it's Apples but it's a very understandable mistake. 
  • Options
    ValleyBen said:
    It isn't as simple as that. There's fight there in most of them (with the exception of some of the wingers), but the mentality is not right. They drop deep, they don't make good decisions 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:
    ValleyBen said:
    It isn't as simple as that. There's fight there in most of them (with the exception of some of the wingers), but the mentality is not right. They drop deep, they don't make good decisions 
    I am so sick of seeing our players back out of tackles, back out of headers, we come undone against any team with even a tiny bit of physicality. 
  • Options
    How many times when we were pushing forward did we make a poor pass to allow Burton to get men back? How many times did the midfield players fail to look up and see a man in space, and instead opt for the easier and pointless backward pass? CBT was awful today, but Dobson for me looked okay tidying up but seemed content to slow down every attack. May out of position again as was Chem Campbell (who actually had a good game). The equaliser happened because we tried to sit on a one goal advantage despite our very average players. We should have really gone for a second goal with more urgency, but the players were happy to build up the possession stats, and the result is we got a 1-1 draw against a team as bad as anything I've seen this season (including Cray). 

• Options
    Valley11 said:
    Lack of urgency should’ve been dealt with weeks and weeks ago. That’s on Appleton. I’m not one to want to change the manager but get rid. He’s not going to be a success here imho 
    I agree. I really don't sent to keep changing managers but in his short time here he has not shown anything to say he knows what he is doing. 

Also, with a transfer window just about yo open you dont want to be signing "his" players only to sack him in 2 months time & a new manager wants completely different players in the summer. 

He wont be here in 12 months time - probably not even in 6. Get rid now. 
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    Put a bet on the draw before kick off, another one when we took the lead and another with five minutes to go. As my brother said to me, ‘I’m surprised the bookies even allow it’. 
    Clearly you have better football bet karma than O-Randy-Hunt, who posted this at the start of the Match Thread.
    Apologies in advance for our defeat to Burton today. I've got us to win in my accumulator.

• Options
    aliwibble said:
    Uboat said:
    Put a bet on the draw before kick off, another one when we took the lead and another with five minutes to go. As my brother said to me, ‘I’m surprised the bookies even allow it’. 
    Clearly you have better football bet karma than O-Randy-Hunt, who posted this at the start of the Match Thread.
    Apologies in advance for our defeat to Burton today. I've got us to win in my accumulator.

And the silly sausage couldnt even get that right! ;)

• Options
    cafc4life said:
    Honestly fuck this football club.

just gifted a point to one of, if not the worst side I think I’ve seen us play at the valley. Clueless manager with a selection of players not Interested and not very good 

absolutely fuming 
    Can understand your feelings but for any of us at Barnsley last Saturday, today’s performance is even more inexplicable!
    In the space of 7 days we’ve gone from playing arguably our best performance of the season to possibly the worst.
    Following The Lovely Red Boys is a total mystery …..was it ever thus.🥺
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Valley11 said:
    Lack of urgency should’ve been dealt with weeks and weeks ago. That’s on Appleton. I’m not one to want to change the manager but get rid. He’s not going to be a success here imho 
    I agree. I really don't sent to keep changing managers but in his short time here he has not shown anything to say he knows what he is doing. 

Also, with a transfer window just about yo open you dont want to be signing "his" players only to sack him in 2 months time & a new manager wants completely different players in the summer. 

He wont be here in 12 months time - probably not even in 6. Get rid now. 
    We shouldn't be signing "his players" regardless. That time in football has come and gone. We should be signing players that make the squad more balanced and complete.

Agree about the "won't be here in six months" comment. 
  • Options
    Atrocious match, even worse result. 
  • Options
    What an absolute boring waste of time that was. Players who can only pass sideways and backwards and with no urgency. Get rid of Appleton,had enough of his boring negative football. Another wasted season. I'm not sure how they will convince me to but a season ticket next year. We will lose even more support unless investment is made.lets pray that we start the rebuild in January. 
  • Options
    Listening to Apples post match interview, an honest appraisal, and he takes responsibility for the selection stuff, and knows where the areas are that need addressing, but as he said, the team is what it is till Jan, there is too much learning on the job, too many touches, too slow in the build up's, I feel the squad needs to take a lot of responsibility for today and the last couple of weeks.
    Think the Orient game will define our season, fail to win against Orient and also Bristol Rovers, and the faint hope of the Playoffs will be gone...we shall see.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    A real boon for those only interested in the team for when they get to call them "gutless" or whatever. A great day for them.

Sorry, calling out fans is a nonsense. There is not a single fan who think this is a great day. Sure some are more pessimistic/glass half full but no.one.on here wants Charlton to lose.

I see lots of posters who go to games, pumping their money into the club and totally fed up with another pathetic season, a poor team, a poor manager and a dreadful result (again) against a dreadful opposition (again).

As Ohhahh regularly points out this is pretty much our worst running league performance ever at the same time our rivals are outperforming. It is hardly surprising fans are fed up.
    Well said, I would probably feel less bothered about yet another pathetic display if my average match day spend was less then a tenner watching in my cozy living room on the sofa with a cold beer. 

I will be there on boxing day, going again but not going to apologise for my opinion that we have a squad of weak bottlers and maybe a manager who cannot see his own tactical failings. 
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Thought CBT, Dobbo and May all off the boil today and Hector - Puts in a decent cross to make the goal / Gets caught ball watching for the equaliser.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Do any of these kids know the offside rule? We had three standing in the six yard box up there end in the final five minutes with not a burton defender anywhere. Yep, offside that is. Oh yeah the equaliser, who wants to be the last man back playing them onside? 🤬