Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD: Charlton Athletic vs Burton Albion: Saturday 23rd December 2023 | KO 3:00pm

Comments

• Options
    Same post match comments coming I assume. . . New players needed. Lack mentality. Need leaders. Unlucky. . . Think potentially Appleton is in trouble. It’s not Andy Scott’s money so not too sure why he gets so much agg. Season is done already, almost makes the other games of the festive period pointless after today.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    CBT an enigma. 
    He's not. He's exactly what I called him the other day: the worst player on the pitch, until he goes and gets you a goal. Today he didn't. Is he a luxury player? Haven't decided. But he was properly abominable
    What was he doing when the ball fell to hom
    with the keeper off his line. CBT would be a premiership player if he had a footballing IQ greater than 10
  • Options
    philcafc said:
    11 points from both the Play-Off and relegation places. Hard to believe that our season is dead with it not half way through yet but that's how it looks.
    Season not over. We still have relegationtp worry about. To avoid that we need to win more games than we draw, we are nor doing that at the moment. Promotion thus season with this squad always was a long shot relegation is not.
  • Options
    Anyone seen a replay of their goal? How did it just fall to a completely unmarked man in the box?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lack of urgency should’ve been dealt with weeks and weeks ago. That’s on Appleton. I’m not one to want to change the manager but get rid. He’s not going to be a success here imho 
  • Options
    Absolutely useless Apples clueless on how to close a game out. Decided probably that’s it for me for a while, still don’t fully understand why we can’t at least try 2 up front.

Surely he must understand playing a shit team at home and only having a couple of shots on target is useless.

Think in Adkins we have an absolute dud.
  • Options
    Terrible result, Terrible game, Terrible attitude from the players! 
    We can't hold onto a lead, but also when in the lead we don't push on! Does this give the owners a ready-made excuse NOT to strengthen the squad (if they were ever going to do so) I fully believe it does! 
    So from being optimistic I'm now the complete opposite! You watch Orient stuff us on Tuesday!
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    So predictable. Totally pissed off. Merry F*ing Xmas.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    After Cambridge, we go and do it again.

Below average mid-table wank boredom.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Time to start building for next season. If players don't want to sign new contracts then move them on in January. Likewise with the loanees. Another wasted year.
  • Options
    Can't wait for the January talk about how much wages some of this dross are on so the owners can back out of spending. 

Devoid of ambition from top to bottom. 
  • Options
    Well that has properly pissed me off. 
  • Options
    We’re more likely to be in a relegation battle than a playoffs battle, on current form. 
    We’re a different team without Chuks, sadly. Unless there are some quality signings in the pipeline the season’s over. In fact, cancel that, the season’s over either way. And who wants to sign for a club eleven or twelve points outside the playoffs? 🙁
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Anyone seen a replay of their goal? How did it just fall to a completely unmarked man in the box?
    Because 4 of our players go for the same ball and the closest, Hector, chose not to actually make a challenge, leaving their player unmarked and in on goal.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Unacceptable. Inexcusable. Absolute dire shite.

'Elite winning mentality' my arse
    Genuine question, who has said "elite winning mentality?" Was it Apples or leadership?

Either way glad that American owners come with the dumbest and most basic of American corporate bullshit speak. 
  • Options
    Burton despite being a goal down didn't go for it. They knew we are fragile and they were right.