Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• Melrose said:
    BigDiddy said:
    Brownie12 said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Before Saturday I'd guess just Gillesphey, not sure what his fitness is like in terms of him being involved though. Unless something else is quite advanced with one of the other names that have been mentioned/rumoured on here then I'd expect just him. 
    Unfortunately he has passed his medical, we are waiting for him to fail one before announcing him. 
    Is he shit, then ?
    Probably. One of their fans says he's too slow. Sound familiar!!!
    Only us oldies remember one of the best CB in UK, Bobby Moore and he had no speed just new how and when to tackle
  • It’s all gone a bit quiet on Gillesphey, I hope that happens as he ticks all boxes of what we need at the moment 
  • "Crystal Palace have had numerous bids for Peterborough and England youth defender Ronnie Edwards, 20, turned down. They face competition from up to five Premier League clubs with the League One club holding out for up to £10m".

Might explain why Peterborough aren't in a rush to accept low bids for Clarke-Harris.
    I think the two things will ultimately be fairly separate. Peterborough are in a bit of a jam because they love their hard negotiating stance but it's also well known that they absolutely will not let a player leave on a free in the summer when they could get money for him in January. People won't like it but I wouldn't be hugely surprised if he ended up going somewhere on deadline day for a reasonable fee as Peterborough run out of time to get something for him. In footballing terms it's not ideal but in business terms it makes sense, and we all know which of those generally wins out

The Peterborough owner has said a few times he expects JCH to go early in the window.  Take it with a pinch of salt but they won't want to leave it too late and risk it stalling like in the summer.
    Peterborough have no money. They need to sell to buy any players for their promotion push.
    They have a bidding war going for Edwards which will solve all their issues, so they have no need to panic.
    But it isn’t about panicking. Edwards might or might not be sold. JCH must be sold within the next four weeks. Even if Peterborough are flush for money they simply have to sell JCH this window or lose out on £300 - £400k. They won’t be prepared to do that. 
  • Not a player but a member of our coaching who left us a couple of years ago, Danny Murphy has just left his position at Newcastle 
  • ross1 said:
    Not a player but a member of our coaching who left us a couple of years ago, Danny Murphy has just left his position at Newcastle 
    Can't stand the bloke meself
  • It’s all gone a bit quiet on Gillesphey, I hope that happens as he ticks all boxes of what we need at the moment 
    Probably not surprising. We know it's a move in progress, the contract/transfer stuff is probably still in hand. There's not a lot to say until it's either complete or falls through.
    The medical team are sensibly just making sure he's on the verge of a long term injury before we jump in two footed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Did anything materialise further re MA’s alleged no-show at training yesterday? Was probably nonsense, but if it did hold any water would be good reason why comms may be more focused on what could be occurring next than any signings or loan terminations. Probably just wishful thinking…
  • Gribbo said:
    ross1 said:
    Not a player but a member of our coaching who left us a couple of years ago, Danny Murphy has just left his position at Newcastle 
    Harsh, it’s not him it’s the physio.

• Scoham said:
    Gribbo said:
    ross1 said:

He would have some issue cupping those ears. 
  • Did anything materialise further re MA’s alleged no-show at training yesterday? Was probably nonsense, but if it did hold any water would be good reason why comms may be more focused on what could be occurring next than any signings or loan terminations. Probably just wishful thinking…
    Where has this come from?
  • Scoham said:
    Gribbo said:
    ross1 said:

Same hair cut mind, might use same barber.
  • J BLOCK said:
    Did anything materialise further re MA’s alleged no-show at training yesterday? Was probably nonsense, but if it did hold any water would be good reason why comms may be more focused on what could be occurring next than any signings or loan terminations. Probably just wishful thinking…
    From Twitter I believe, must be true.
  • J BLOCK said:
    Did anything materialise further re MA’s alleged no-show at training yesterday? Was probably nonsense, but if it did hold any water would be good reason why comms may be more focused on what could be occurring next than any signings or loan terminations. Probably just wishful thinking…
    From Twitter I believe, must be true.
    Cawley usually reports on things like this so unless he's been told not to (I can't see why he would have been) I don't think it will be true.
  • edited January 3
    "Crystal Palace have had numerous bids for Peterborough and England youth defender Ronnie Edwards, 20, turned down. They face competition from up to five Premier League clubs with the League One club holding out for up to £10m".

Might explain why Peterborough aren't in a rush to accept low bids for Clarke-Harris.
    I think the two things will ultimately be fairly separate. Peterborough are in a bit of a jam because they love their hard negotiating stance but it's also well known that they absolutely will not let a player leave on a free in the summer when they could get money for him in January. People won't like it but I wouldn't be hugely surprised if he ended up going somewhere on deadline day for a reasonable fee as Peterborough run out of time to get something for him. In footballing terms it's not ideal but in business terms it makes sense, and we all know which of those generally wins out

The Peterborough owner has said a few times he expects JCH to go early in the window.  Take it with a pinch of salt but they won't want to leave it too late and risk it stalling like in the summer.
    Peterborough have no money. They need to sell to buy any players for their promotion push.
    Peterborough will get around £21 million if Arsenal or Chelsea pay £100m for Toney. They have a 30 per cent sell on clause with Brentford but have the same percentage sell on clause with Newcastle who they signed Toney from. If this goes through then JCH money is peanuts to them 
  • Peterbro won’t sell Clarke -Harris to us until after we played them couple of weeks time , between now and then there hoping that Huddersfield or Stoke or another league one side will start an auction may for  him and pay more money … 

When are you going to announce we’ve signed Marcus Maddison? 
  • Sponsored links:

• I have an idea that Bodvarsson of Bolton is near the end of his contract. I was impressed by his cameo against us this season. He showed he can hold the ball up and pass to a colleague and he did it in his own half and got Bolton out when we were pressing. He has a modest goal scoring record but could be useful as a provider for Alfie or as someone to come on and defend a lead by getting out of our own half. Any thoughts?
  • Peterbro won’t sell Clarke -Harris to us until after we played them couple of weeks time , between now and then there hoping that Huddersfield or Stoke or another league one side will start an auction may for  him and pay more money … 

I appreciate everyone is entitled to an opinion, but i don't think this is the case.
    Peterborough are 20 points ahead of us and have a GD of more than 30 over us.  They are far out of our sight, with or without Clarke-Harris.

• PopIcon said:
    Peterbro won’t sell Clarke -Harris to us until after we played them couple of weeks time , between now and then there hoping that Huddersfield or Stoke or another league one side will start an auction may for  him and pay more money … 

I appreciate everyone is entitled to an opinion, but i don't think this is the case.
    Peterborough are 20 points ahead of us and have a GD of more than 30 over us.  They are far out of our sight, with or without Clarke-Harris.

What a sorry state of affairs.

We pay them what they want and he will be given permission to speak to us tomorrow. Unfortunately we don't swim in the same part of the table as Peterborough this season
  • I am desperate for something to change quickly as most fans but I really have no fear of relegation and promotion is long gone, so as long as the decision makers actually do get the recruitment right this time, better to take an extra couple of weeks then rush in to yet more poor recruitment fast. 
  • I have an idea that Bodvarsson of Bolton is near the end of his contract. I was impressed by his cameo against us this season. He showed he can hold the ball up and pass to a colleague and he did it in his own half and got Bolton out when we were pressing. He has a modest goal scoring record but could be useful as a provider for Alfie or as someone to come on and defend a lead by getting out of our own half. Any thoughts?
    Yes, but nothing to do with football.
  • PopIcon said:
    Peterbro won’t sell Clarke -Harris to us until after we played them couple of weeks time , between now and then there hoping that Huddersfield or Stoke or another league one side will start an auction may for  him and pay more money … 

Except the three points alone are hugely valuable in their current league position - all but guaranteed against the powderpuff frontline we put out on New Year's Day or May in a suboptimal position, much less so against a CAFC with Alfie May playing off a half decent target man. 
  • I am expecting a poor window as that is what normally happens. I have lost patience for the standard excuses that get trotted out too.
    Yep same we will no doubt get told x player costs too much or not available,or we are going to build in the summer when that comes around and we do sod all again.