Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• PWADDICK said:
    Plymouth ITK saying Holden has got an interview with them!
    Absolutely bizarre 😂

Their fans seem delighted with the link..
  • PWADDICK said:
    Plymouth ITK saying Holden has got an interview with them!
    Absolutely bizarre 😂

Their fans seem delighted with the link..
    Holden did quite well at Bristol City then was hit by a huge injury crisis. He did quite well here but then didn’t have a squad to start the season with. Be shocked if he got a championship job but his record isn’t that bad really 
  • edited January 2
    Just seen that Sarmiento has been recalled by Brighton after his West Brom loan was ended - Heart lifted for a moment, only to then read in the same tweet that he's off to Ipswich :D
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Sarimento to Ipswich is one hell of a signing I have to admit. He's looked excellent for West Brom. 
    Still only another loan deal though
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Sarimento to Ipswich is one hell of a signing I have to admit. He's looked excellent for West Brom. 

I'm surprised Brighton have allowed it with their injuries in wide areas and losing Adingra to AFCON. 

But if Ipswich are just looking for players to get them " over the line" then someone like Sarimento on loan fits the bill perfectly. 

Don't think it changes anything with any Ladapo chase as I'd still think they sign an out and out striker too.
  • Jury still out for me with Scott but if Holden had said he wants a small squad it put Scott in a tricky position. If he goes out and gets loads of players who are then frozen out by the manager (like Watson currently) then those players are unhappy and we end up with more DJ/Kirk type signings that just don't work out. Now there's a manager who wants more bodies and it's time for Scott to earn his money and get quality as well as quantity.
  • Sponsored links:

• MarcusH26 said:
    MarcusH26 said:

I'm surprised Brighton have allowed it with their injuries in wide areas and losing Adingra to AFCON. 

But if Ipswich are just looking for players to get them " over the line" then someone like Sarimento on loan fits the bill perfectly. 

Don't think it changes anything with any Ladapo chase as I'd still think they sign an out and out striker too.
    George Hurst is injured so I think Ladapo is unlikely to be on the move anytime soon. He even started their game on the 29th 
  • edited January 2
    NabySarr said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    MarcusH26 said:

George Hurst is injured so I think Ladapo is unlikely to be on the move anytime soon. He even started their game on the 29th 

If they've lost Hirst to injury I'd completely rule out Ladapo. They won't want to have to go too long with Ladapo and Jackson as their main strikers but I don't think Ladapo will be available this window. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Yes the season is already dead and has been for weeks, but we have to finish the season strongly for everyone’s sake. A continuation of the current form will cast massive doubts about Appleton being in place next season. Season ticket numbers will be decimated and the type of players we need to sign in the summer will look at us with scepticism. This January window needs to be good enough to lift the team. Lift the supporters and lift the gloom. We must start next season with real hope of top six and at this point we’re probably eight to ten players off that. January is massive for this football club.
    A continuation of our current form would see us relegated never mind cast doubts on Appletons role next season. If we continue as we are for 8 weeks we would be in the relegation zone and he would be gone.
  • Yes the season is already dead and has been for weeks, but we have to finish the season strongly for everyone’s sake. A continuation of the current form will cast massive doubts about Appleton being in place next season. Season ticket numbers will be decimated and the type of players we need to sign in the summer will look at us with scepticism. This January window needs to be good enough to lift the team. Lift the supporters and lift the gloom. We must start next season with real hope of top six and at this point we’re probably eight to ten players off that. January is massive for this football club.
    A continuation of our current form would see us relegated never mind cast doubts on Appletons role next season. If we continue as we are for 8 weeks we would be in the relegation zone and he would be gone.
    That's assuming teams below us pick up form and get better results than us, not inconceivable but probably unlikely.
    I doubt relegation is a serious threat. Never say never but I think it’s highly unlikely.
    I doubt relegation is a serious threat. Never say never but I think it’s highly unlikely.
    I agree but if we carry on under apples playing this formation and not bringing in some strength up top, i genuinely couldn't see us getting another win - its crucifying the whole team  
  • DOUCHER said:
    Yes the season is already dead and has been for weeks, but we have to finish the season strongly for everyone’s sake. A continuation of the current form will cast massive doubts about Appleton being in place next season. Season ticket numbers will be decimated and the type of players we need to sign in the summer will look at us with scepticism. This January window needs to be good enough to lift the team. Lift the supporters and lift the gloom. We must start next season with real hope of top six and at this point we’re probably eight to ten players off that. January is massive for this football club.
    I agree but if we carry on under apples playing this formation and not bringing in some strength up top, i genuinely couldn't see us getting another win - its crucifying the whole team  
    Agree. That’s why January is so important. Finish the season on the up and have a modicum of confidence going into next season. 
  • 72 League One appearances the last two seasons for a team that finished 7th and 1st.
    Out injured within a month then!