Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• I'd be concerned if Coventry was actually a Dobson replacement , but paired with Dobson that would make such a huge difference. 
  • Leuth said:
    Coventry was by an absolute country mile the best player on the field when MKD eviscerated us a couple of seasons ago
    Googles eviscerated.
  • edited January 2
    Sounds good. Can't say I ever remember seeing him play but do remember some posters on here raving about him in the past.
    Is this the 23yr old @DubaiCAFC

Him and Gillesphy sound like a decent start.  Humphrys and JCH also please!
  • Coventry is just the midfielder we need
  • He may know a couple of ours from previous teams too which is always good as a settling in aspect 
  • edited January 2
    PWADDICK said:
    Let's be realistic, Dobson is leaving, whether it be in January or the Summer. But a midfield two of Terry Taylor and Conor Coventry is a very attractive proposition. 
    CCxTT. 

Hopefully not a pair of cxxts
  • Sponsored links:

• Be interesting to see why he might drop back down to league one, if he does end up with us, it is another one on paper which sounds promising.

Gillesphey and Coventry sound like players who can go a long way in sorting out our fragile backbone. 

• As above if we get Coventry I'd imagine it'll be as a Dobson replacement. Which to be honest I'd be pleased with. Wouldn't be surprised if we tried to offload Fraser too. 
  • Cawley says if it happens, it’s likely be a permanent deal since he only has six months left and isn’t near the West Ham first team.

He’d instantly be one of the best midfielders in the league.
    Is age not a problem  ?

I thought most of our current problems are because we are playing too many youngsters. Haven't I been reading that we need more senior pro's ?

Don't we ever learn.
  • Croydon said:
    PWADDICK said:
    Let's be realistic, Dobson is leaving, whether it be in January or the Summer. But a midfield two of Terry Taylor and Conor Coventry is a very attractive proposition. 
    Far too early to make any sort of judgement on Taylor imo.
    100%. I spent a couple of minutes trying to remember who he is! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Coventry is better than Dobson, but hopefully they are going to be paired together. Those 2 and a fit Terry Taylor is a good start to our midfield options for next season if we can get the first 2 tied up
  • Croydon said:
    PWADDICK said:
    Far too early to make any sort of judgement on Taylor imo.
    Yeah maybe, I think he'll come good though
  • Last January we were linked with several decent players. 
    We ended up with 
    Matt Penny
    Kilkenny 
    Bonne. 

I shall contain my excitement until any deal is done. 
    Don't forget Todd Kane!
  • The Window swung wide open on 1st Jan. Have we made any signing yet? And if not, why not.
  • PWADDICK said:
    Last January we were linked with several decent players. 
    We ended up with 
    Matt Penny
    Kilkenny 
    Bonne. 

Don't forget Todd Kane!
    Just when I had , you remind me.
     Cheers for that :)
  • PWADDICK said:
    Last January we were linked with several decent players. 
    We ended up with 
    Matt Penny
    Kilkenny 
    Bonne. 

Don't forget Todd Kane!
    Who plays in Gibraltar now!!