Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• Sponsored links:

• Chunes said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    NabySarr said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Coventry isn’t one I have heard, but if true I would imagine would be a permanent signing, he certainly fits the type of players we are looking. 

I would add, that Dobson has been offer a take or leave or deal, if he doesn’t sign, he will be gone, same as CBT. But I think that is old news.

As I mentioned there is going to be a lot of transactions this month, in and out of the club. I honestly think these owners want to a big go at, I get to fans are once bitten twice as shy, and want instant success, but personally I feel we need to give them a bit of time, they haven’t done anything alarmingly wrong at the moment. They have a strategy and a plan, and it is certainly bette than the last few owners that’s for sure! 

As I go back, there is a base on here would only be happy if it was Varney that took over! 

It is a big month for Scott, if no improvement then we deserve to go after him, but at the moment the jury is out for me! 
    Why did we not do this in the summer?! They’ve basically wasted a season (and a very weak league 1) and missed a great opportunity. 

If the money is there now, why wasn’t it in the summer? Just seems like a bit of an odd approach 
    Because basically the whole window was planned around Holden… he basically got the younger small squad he wanted!
    But you were very happy with that squad weren't you? I seem to remember you were one of the few saying it was more than good enough. 
    Scott and Appleton were very happy with it too until we started losing again so the party line changed as it couldn’t be their fault 
  • Without injuries it's a very decent squad, the problem is how many injury risks it contained in key positions 
  • Chunes said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Coventry isn’t one I have heard, but if true I would imagine would be a permanent signing, he certainly fits the type of players we are looking. 

I would add, that Dobson has been offer a take or leave or deal, if he doesn’t sign, he will be gone, same as CBT. But I think that is old news.

As I mentioned there is going to be a lot of transactions this month, in and out of the club. I honestly think these owners want to a big go at, I get to fans are once bitten twice as shy, and want instant success, but personally I feel we need to give them a bit of time, they haven’t done anything alarmingly wrong at the moment. They have a strategy and a plan, and it is certainly bette than the last few owners that’s for sure! 

As I go back, there is a base on here would only be happy if it was Varney that took over! 

It is a big month for Scott, if no improvement then we deserve to go after him, but at the moment the jury is out for me! 
    Just win games. It's pretty simple. Currently failing.
    Told like it is Chunes, can't argue with that.
  • If there's legs in the Coventry rumour then we'd have the following central midfield options, when all fit:

- George Dobson
    - Panutche Camara
    - Scott Fraser
    - Terry Taylor
    - Conor McGrandles
    - Louie Watson
    - Karoy Anderson
    - Conor Coventry

Eight is quite a lot! But, you'd potentially then say that 1) Watson is recalled; 2) Anderson isn't good enough; and maybe 3) Fraser goes. With Dobson and Camara not slated to be at the club beyond this season, we are left with Taylor, McGrandles, Coventry, and Anderson for 2024/25.

My gut tells me this is not a position "of need" but then we need players all over the pitch to be remotely competitive. A slightly more convincing part of my gut, however, tells me that this - IF IT HAS LEGS - is a "replace Dobson before he goes" move. If that is the case... well, I wouldn't be surprised, but I would be a bit disappointed.
  • Wrexham, Bolton or Charlton. I think we can move on from this one.
    Yup!   He's not joining us over those 2.   And therein lies our problem.
  • Sponsored links:

• I hope we aren't putting all our eggs in one basket on this one. Feels like a transfer that could rumble on towards the end of the window before it gets resolved and it's not guaranteed he'll come to us. Meanwhile, we need a line leading striker pronto. And ideally we will have players in place that mean, by the time he is fit, there will be no pressure to have Aneke starting games otherwise we can anticipate he'll be out again after a handful of appearances.
  • Dobson and Blackett- Taylor will get moved on this month and noises from the club will be, well we did offer them a good deal and they said no.

Lose 2 of your best 3 players at the club, and then bring in replacements with that money who will take a while to get up to speed whilst we head into a tough February on paper and then possibly looking over our shoulders at the bottom 4 
  • edited January 2
    It would be great if we retained Dobson and CBT but it’s pretty obvious that they both want out. No idea what’s  been offered to them but I doubt it’s not competitive. They are after all important players for us but if they can get better offers beyond ours and want out then now’s the time to usher them out the door when we can hopefully get a small fee for both. That’s the reality of football. We’ll no doubt be taking advantage of the same opportunities. If there’s truth in Coventry and JCH there’s two straight away. 
  • Leuth said:
    Without injuries it's a very decent squad, the problem is how many injury risks it contained in key positions 
    I think that's the key points of failure to recruit properly in the summer. I think everyone one on this forum was reasonably happy with the recruitment of Taylor, Camara, Watson and Edun but its taken Watson and Edun nearly half a season to get fit and as for Taylor and Camara, there must have been question marks due to the length of time they had been out. But the real failing is not bringing in another forward with Alfie May. Was all this due to the takeover being delayed ? I'm not sure if that really stands up to scrutiny. 
  • Looking at the follower numbers and account activity I think we can put this tweet in the heavily unreliable source section.