Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• JamesSeed said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Along with the MG we have put in bids for CM who we have been liked with previously, plus a winger who is 23 years old, has been extremely highly rated, but had a couple of years dip, it is hoped we can get him going. If we can, would be an outstanding signing.

Sorry, but for us hard of thinking types, what’s the MG and CM?
    Macaulay Gillesphey and I thought CM was centre midfielder. 

Unless Charlie Methven is going to lace up the boots.

Let’s not be too hasty discounting Charlie boy, he might give Fraser a run for his money
  • MarcusH26 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Along with the MG we have put in bids for CM who we have been liked with previously, plus a winger who is 23 years old, has been extremely highly rated, but had a couple of years dip, it is hoped we can get him going. If we can, would be an outstanding signing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabbi_Matondo

Could be a shout , was very highly thought of at Man City and went to Schalke 
    Not a player that has been mentioned to me 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    This window will be very busy, the idea is to get as many bedded this season for next year. But let’s see what happens. Action speaks loud than words!
    Where have we heard this before?!

Thanks for dropping on what you know Dubai. It’ll be one thing signing some ‘good’ players but if the wrong man is at the helm then it could all be pointless as we change him further down the line. 
  • Louie Barry perhaps?
  • edited January 2
    DubaiCAFC said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabbi_Matondo

Could be a shout , was very highly thought of at Man City and went to Schalke 
    Not a player that has been mentioned to me 

Fair enough was just a shot in the dark from me using what you'd said above. Sounds like an interesting move whoever it is if it happens. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Croydon said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

Why is a winger with a 2 year dip in form an outstanding signing? It's a bit of a punt on the hope he can regain his previous form, surely. 
    Because he's coming to Charlton and his pure motivation will take him and us towards.........a long term injury!
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    This window will be very busy, the idea is to get as many bedded this season for next year. But let’s see what happens. Action speaks loud than words!
    I’m not sure it’s a great strategy. January windows are about augmenting what you have, major surgery is better suited to the summer window. 
  • Louie Barry perhaps?
    Not 23 and currently on a good run of form!
  • PWADDICK said:
    Actually think we’re in for a good window, it’s just too little too late 
    any perms who come in now must be with a view to next season, I've written this one off.

Trouble we have is that anyone we sign now won't have been chosen by our new manager (cause we'll have one by then I'm sure) and then the same circle of life will continue.

totally depressing being a Charlton fan right now
  • supaclive said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    mart77 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

Thanks for dropping on what you know Dubai. It’ll be one thing signing some ‘good’ players but if the wrong man is at the helm then it could all be pointless as we change him further down the line. 
    Lot of this now is down to Holden, he wanted a young small squad.. now we have a few injuries, Appleton left to pick it up. 
    That is ABSOLUTE BOLLOCKS!   We saw what Holden thought of the squad with that kamikaze team he picked versus Oxford away!    Fair play to passing on information @DubaiCAFC but please do stop believing everything you are told.    Otherwise we are at transfer window groundhog month again!
    It’s true he  told the new owners we did not need any new players .. when they gave him money to spend … 
    I hope I am wrong. But I guess we will not have made ant permanent signings by the window close. But willbe told they made a number of competitive bids but could not get them over the line in time. We may make one or two loans of crocks from other teams.
  • Xavier Amaechi?
  • Sponsored links:

• PWADDICK said:
    Xavier Amaechi?
    Guess based on Dubai’s info or more to it?
  • Ameachi is 22 but would also fit the bill , didn't pull up too many trees at Bolton season before last because of injury. Played 6 games this season for Magdeburg in 2.Bundesliga
  • edited January 2
    supaclive said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    mart77 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

Lot of this now is down to Holden, he wanted a young small squad.. now we have a few injuries, Appleton left to pick it up. 
    That is ABSOLUTE BOLLOCKS!   We saw what Holden thought of the squad with that kamikaze team he picked versus Oxford away!    Fair play to passing on information @DubaiCAFC but please do stop believing everything you are told.    Otherwise we are at transfer window groundhog month again!
    Didnt Holden himself say our squad was too big?
  • edited January 2
    Ho Ho Ho! Christmas has come again! That one is wrapped in Methven's special paper. The squad size itself is alright. The problem was two windows of recruiting turd/injury prone players, including four loanees who do not play. 

And let's not forget that when the summer window closed and we weren't happy with the quality of the squad, Charlie told us we couldn't sign any more players because of FFP!
  • What we really lack is out of form young players, get this winger in........................
  • se9addick said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    I’m not sure it’s a great strategy. January windows are about augmenting what you have, major surgery is better suited to the summer window. 
    If we were either looking at pushing for play offs or in genuine relegation danger then sure. But we're not. This season is basically over, that's not great and I hate to say it but it's a fact.

Given that, if we can get some actual quality in the door and start the process of creating an actual squad, there's no reason not to. It probably will mean that the squad for the rest of this season is neither one thing or another but if it means we don't HAVE to do such major surgery in summer, great.

Or we're being spun a line and we'll be signing the next bunch of Tedics and Watsons etc at 10:55 on the 31st again... 
  • Scoham said:
    PWADDICK said:
    Xavier Amaechi?
    Guess based on Dubai’s info or more to it?
    Guess, highly rated at Arsenal, plays out in Germany, 23 in a few days