Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• cblock said:
    And the transfers rumours are?
    Andy Scott likes players on the grass 
  • DA9 said:
    There once was a thread called transfer rumours
    It seemed to be filled with real zoomers
    No rumour to be had
    Which made me feel sad
    Its completely run by doomers & gloomers 

What, like @Foxycafc and @GetYerCoreyOut
  • Not many rumors going around, but I did hear Ivan Rakitic is keen on a move to the valley. Could be good for both parties. Get it done Scott 
  • DA9 said:
    There once was a thread called transfer rumours
    It seemed to be filled with real zoomers
    No rumour to be had
    Which made me feel sad
    Its completely run by doomers & gloomers 

Pam Ayers? 
  • We need at least 10 new players through the doors next month, there should be plenty of rumours flying around.
  • edited December 2023
    Wouldn't mind Bobby Pointon from Bradford who is 19 and out of contract in the summer (not a rumour, just my pondering). 

Would be one for the future though (maybe not even next season) and we need experience more urgently I guess.

Max Dean at MK Dons also 19 looks a little Alfie May esq.  5ft8, runner, enthusiastic, scores all types of goals.  Would be a very decent acquisition but assume higher clubs may be looking and would require a fee.

With Reading continuing to have difficulties I wonder if a bid for Sam Smith would work, I think he is a fan so probably not but worth asking.  5 in 11 for them this season already.

I see Crewe's Zac Williams is out injured having tripped over the covers in the side of their pitch and strained his ankle ligaments.  Sounds perfect for us!
  • Sponsored links:

• Addick_8 said:
    I think Dobson will be off this window. I did think back in the summer that Terry Taylor is the long term plan. Obviously the injury hasn’t helped. 

Dobson not going anywhere common sense will kick in and he will realise he won’t be a starter at many other clubs let alone captain he will sign the 2 year deal with an extra year 
  • edited December 2023
    Addick_8 said:
    I think Dobson will be off this window. I did think back in the summer that Terry Taylor is the long term plan. Obviously the injury hasn’t helped. 

I don't think Dobson will go anywhere this window.

Can't say the same for the summer, mind you.
  • Addick_8 said:

Dobson not going anywhere common sense will kick in and he will realise he won’t be a starter at many other clubs let alone captain he will sign the 2 year deal with an extra year 
    Source?
  • PWADDICK said:
    Missed out on an orient ticket so ended up going Ebbsfleet away with Bromley. Saw the reports that we were looking at Ben Krauhaus so payed extra interest in him specifically and inconclusion was very impressed. Ball seemed glued to his feet when dribbling, has good pace, got a goal and best of all worked his socks off. The opposition obviously weren't great, but our current bunch struggled against Cray Valley! Plus I think we missed out massively on Sorba Thomas so a Non-League background wouldn't put me off signing him.
    Obviously I've not seen the guy, but just on that last point - for every Thomas (or Vardy, Finnan, Aribo), there's a lot of Chris Dicksons who just aren't up to it.

I guess the risk is smaller given hopefully the fee would be low.
  • PWADDICK said:
    Missed out on an orient ticket so ended up going Ebbsfleet away with Bromley. Saw the reports that we were looking at Ben Krauhaus so payed extra interest in him specifically and inconclusion was very impressed. Ball seemed glued to his feet when dribbling, has good pace, got a goal and best of all worked his socks off. The opposition obviously weren't great, but our current bunch struggled against Cray Valley! Plus I think we missed out massively on Sorba Thomas so a Non-League background wouldn't put me off signing him.
    saw a Bromley fan/journalist suggesting he might go to the Championship. Would be nice to see us put our money where our mouth is though 
  • edited December 2023
    fenaddick said:
    PWADDICK said:
    saw a Bromley fan/journalist suggesting he might go to the Championship. Would be nice to see us put our money where our mouth is though 
    Comes to something when Charlton can't even compete a non-league signing.  Was the Premier League just a dream, and like Bobby Ewing, I woke up in the shower, and we've never left Third Division / League One since my first game at Mansfield Town. 
  • redbuttle said:
    redbuttle said:
    redbuttle said:
    First good bit of business was sacking Kirk, second would be sacking Appleton and picking the man for the job next season
    Yes another manager recruited to be sacked in 6 months time.
    He's pants m8, seen more emotion from a corn on the cob

NabySarr said:
    First good bit of business was sacking Kirk, second would be sacking Appleton and picking the man for the job next season
    Michael Duff is available, Ryan Lowe could be available soon. So many better managers available but we will probably waste a year on Appleton and still be here next year 
    Naby we are finally reading from the same script, let the negativity embrace you, this bloke is pants. 
    Just like Holden was pants and Garner before him? With this logic the next manager will be pants too. 
    Holden was pants, Jacko wasn't ready, Adkins is a dinosaur, Garner is a system merchant etc. 

I'm sorry but he's not a good manager, just go and look at his record. Done something about 9 years ago in league 2, that's it. 
    To be honest I don't know who you expect would take the managers job if it was offered. We are mid table league one..
    Someone who isn't terrified of losing would be a start. At home to one of the worst teams in the league and we need wins to even have a sniff at play offs. Doesn't even send up every man to have a chance at stealing the game as he's clearly happy with his bore draws.

I think every manager I'd want wouldn't come to us, but I don't believe for a minute we can't get a better manager. There is definitely someone out there who can do better than him. He's fortunately landed on the journeyman manager carousel and he will never cement himself anywhere. He'll always get a job at a desperate club who are too afraid to take a risk. 

We are too big of a job for him. Look at his record away from here. More losses than wins everywhere except Oxford in league 2. His draw record is staggering. One of the most uninspiring Charlton managers I've ever seen.

I'd rather us flirt with relegation at this point for something to play for, being middle of the pack in league 1 is absolutely dire.
    Great idea, let's stop all these bore draws and start losing more so we can fall into a relegation scrap. You couldn't make it up.
    Yep, cause I want us to get relegated of course.. It was to emphasise how boring this season is, it wasnt serious. What is it with you and jumping on my posts lately? 

sam3110 said:
    redbuttle said:
    redbuttle said:
    redbuttle said:

NabySarr said:
    Michael Duff is available, Ryan Lowe could be available soon. So many better managers available but we will probably waste a year on Appleton and still be here next year 
    Naby we are finally reading from the same script, let the negativity embrace you, this bloke is pants. 
    Just like Holden was pants and Garner before him? With this logic the next manager will be pants too. 
    Holden was pants, Jacko wasn't ready, Adkins is a dinosaur, Garner is a system merchant etc. 

I'm sorry but he's not a good manager, just go and look at his record. Done something about 9 years ago in league 2, that's it. 
    To be honest I don't know who you expect would take the managers job if it was offered. We are mid table league one..
    Someone who isn't terrified of losing would be a start. At home to one of the worst teams in the league and we need wins to even have a sniff at play offs. Doesn't even send up every man to have a chance at stealing the game as he's clearly happy with his bore draws.

I think every manager I'd want wouldn't come to us, but I don't believe for a minute we can't get a better manager. There is definitely someone out there who can do better than him. He's fortunately landed on the journeyman manager carousel and he will never cement himself anywhere. He'll always get a job at a desperate club who are too afraid to take a risk. 

We are too big of a job for him. Look at his record away from here. More losses than wins everywhere except Oxford in league 2. His draw record is staggering. One of the most uninspiring Charlton managers I've ever seen.

I'd rather us flirt with relegation at this point for something to play for, being middle of the pack in league 1 is absolutely dire.
    Great idea, let's stop all these bore draws and start losing more so we can fall into a relegation scrap. You couldn't make it up.
    Get more views for a vlog that way I guess?
    Oh fuck off you wanker 

Edit: dropped the C bomb, it is Christmas
    Sorry Braziliance but if you post nonsense saying "you would rather us flirt with relegation because being in the middle of the league is dire" then you should expect comment.

If your posts are not serious and not to be taken seriously then put a smiley by them, so everyone knows you're joking. 

I apologise I thought your posts and vlogs were honest opinions. I never realised they were jokes. 

Please don't apologise, it's just texts being misinterpreted. Most of my posts are serious but I'll sometimes make things a bit jokey without making it clear my tone would have changed if I was speaking. So to be clear I of course don't want Charlton anywhere near relegation and I was just jesting it would be more of a spectacle than mid table obscurity again.

sam3110 said:
    redbuttle said:
    redbuttle said:
    redbuttle said:

NabySarr said:

Yep, cause I want us to get relegated of course.. It was to emphasise how boring this season is, it wasnt serious. What is it with you and jumping on my posts lately? 

sam3110 said:
    redbuttle said:
    redbuttle said:
    redbuttle said:

NabySarr said:

Get more views for a vlog that way I guess?
    Oh fuck off you wanker 

Edit: dropped the C bomb, it is Christmas
    😂 Pipe down lad
    Probably a harsh post by me, but I've noticed a few of these types of comments now and they've wound me up.

To suggest I'd want Charlton to lose over the sake of a video feels like an attack on my character and suggests I'm not authentic. I've spent thousands upon thousands watching this club. The tickets, petrol, trains, hotels, time travelling, time booked off work. So to suggest that I would rather Charlton lose incase a video gets traction is a piss take. 

I enjoy making the videos either irrespective of the results, as it's been a nice distraction from life, but the truth be told it's those type of comments (from Charlton fans) that have been a reason for me not uploading a couple of times now. 

So I'll take back calling you what I said, as I was genuinely pissed off, but I still think it's a shit comment to make towards someone personally.
    Time travelling?  You are Doctor Who and I claim my £5. 
  • Sponsored links:

• If we're to sign enough good players to make a push, we need to sell a Joe Gomez, Ademola Lookman, Ezri Konsa, Jonjo Shelvey or at the very least a couple of Mason Burstows.

We don't have any sellable assets though
  • edited December 2023
    No mention of Camara's return in the press conference, could be going back?

ed - I've just remembered, I think Cawley said there was no recall/return option for Pan.
  • It's rumoured on the other forum that we have £1 million available to spend in January.

Depends really, if we resign Dobson and CBT; keep May and Jones then use the £1M to buy 2-3 really decent players we at least have a base to build from in the summer. 

Get in early in the summer window to sign the best out of contract players (there are some good ones) and we should have a decent season next year.

£1M is better than £0M.
  • edited December 2023
    £1m = 4 Alfie Mays or 4 jayesemi (spelling).

Hope we spend it wisely 
  • Heard that money is available 
  • Andy Scott has told Cawley that neither CBT nor Dobson are close to signing new deals.
  • Money available through the sales of Dobbo and Cbt no doubt.... Another sh*t show window with more crisps, fizzy pop and marquee signings! 
  • How much do our top earners earn ?
  • Chunes said:
    Andy Scott has told Cawley that neither CBT nor Dobson are close to signing new deals.
    Mr Scott is clearly putting them in the shop window then
  • How much do our top earners earn ?
    Too much