Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• I’d rather we didn’t sign him if there’s money available but signing a big name (reputation and double barrelled) will probably ease the blow of losing CBT for some people 
  • PWADDICK said:
    If we did get JCH then you would have to imagine that we would be moving to a system that accommodates 2 up top.

3-5-2 would probably make the most sense, especially if CBT is off, but we would also need at least another quality WB, and CB. 

Maybe we might see at least one midfielder leave as well as we wouldn’t need 6 midfielders, plus Anderson in a system which only plays 2. 
    Would also say an attacking midfielder to sit behind them
    Could go 3-4-1-2, but feels like we have an abundance of midfielders to play a 3-5-2 without having to spend on a ‘number 10’. Dobson/Taylor and any combination of McGrandles, Fraser, Camera and Watson feels like it could work fine with JCH and May as outlets. 

Not sure what would happen with Tyreece development if we move to this formation. As much as he has been poor recently, I do really rate him as a prospect.

I'd take JCH now, especially if Pboro want him gone, he'll have a point to prove and it would help May to have a hold-up forward.
    It would, in my opinion, need backing up with maybe Ladapo from Ipswich and a battling midfielder to allow Fraser to be a 'provider'. A new CB (Taylor on loan from WBA) and a skillful winger if CBT is off.
    An experienced keeper would finish my wishlist, but can we get all that done for the reported £1m? Only a few days left to find out, as we need these players in 'pronto' especially if our current loanees are being sent back..which isn't a bad thing as far as Tedic and Campbell are concerned!
    I would love a big experienced keeper, but just don’t see it happening this window. 
    Tomas Holy from Carlisle would be my pick he caught everything against us.
  • Keeper I think would be the toughest to sign in January, will be interesting to see if we extend Walker as he's out of contract after today. 
  • redbuttle said:
    redbuttle said:
    redbuttle said:
    First good bit of business was sacking Kirk, second would be sacking Appleton and picking the man for the job next season
    Yes another manager recruited to be sacked in 6 months time.
    He's pants m8, seen more emotion from a corn on the cob

NabySarr said:
    First good bit of business was sacking Kirk, second would be sacking Appleton and picking the man for the job next season
    Michael Duff is available, Ryan Lowe could be available soon. So many better managers available but we will probably waste a year on Appleton and still be here next year 
    Naby we are finally reading from the same script, let the negativity embrace you, this bloke is pants. 
    Just like Holden was pants and Garner before him? With this logic the next manager will be pants too. 
    Holden was pants, Jacko wasn't ready, Adkins is a dinosaur, Garner is a system merchant etc. 

I'm sorry but he's not a good manager, just go and look at his record. Done something about 9 years ago in league 2, that's it. 
    To be honest I don't know who you expect would take the managers job if it was offered. We are mid table league one..
    Someone who isn't terrified of losing would be a start. At home to one of the worst teams in the league and we need wins to even have a sniff at play offs. Doesn't even send up every man to have a chance at stealing the game as he's clearly happy with his bore draws.

I think every manager I'd want wouldn't come to us, but I don't believe for a minute we can't get a better manager. There is definitely someone out there who can do better than him. He's fortunately landed on the journeyman manager carousel and he will never cement himself anywhere. He'll always get a job at a desperate club who are too afraid to take a risk. 

We are too big of a job for him. Look at his record away from here. More losses than wins everywhere except Oxford in league 2. His draw record is staggering. One of the most uninspiring Charlton managers I've ever seen.

I'd rather us flirt with relegation at this point for something to play for, being middle of the pack in league 1 is absolutely dire.
    Great idea, let's stop all these bore draws and start losing more so we can fall into a relegation scrap. You couldn't make it up.
    Yep, cause I want us to get relegated of course.. It was to emphasise how boring this season is, it wasnt serious. What is it with you and jumping on my posts lately? 

sam3110 said:
    redbuttle said:
    redbuttle said:
    redbuttle said:

NabySarr said:
    Michael Duff is available, Ryan Lowe could be available soon. So many better managers available but we will probably waste a year on Appleton and still be here next year 
    Naby we are finally reading from the same script, let the negativity embrace you, this bloke is pants. 
    Just like Holden was pants and Garner before him? With this logic the next manager will be pants too. 
    Holden was pants, Jacko wasn't ready, Adkins is a dinosaur, Garner is a system merchant etc. 

I'm sorry but he's not a good manager, just go and look at his record. Done something about 9 years ago in league 2, that's it. 
    To be honest I don't know who you expect would take the managers job if it was offered. We are mid table league one..
    Someone who isn't terrified of losing would be a start. At home to one of the worst teams in the league and we need wins to even have a sniff at play offs. Doesn't even send up every man to have a chance at stealing the game as he's clearly happy with his bore draws.

I think every manager I'd want wouldn't come to us, but I don't believe for a minute we can't get a better manager. There is definitely someone out there who can do better than him. He's fortunately landed on the journeyman manager carousel and he will never cement himself anywhere. He'll always get a job at a desperate club who are too afraid to take a risk. 

We are too big of a job for him. Look at his record away from here. More losses than wins everywhere except Oxford in league 2. His draw record is staggering. One of the most uninspiring Charlton managers I've ever seen.

I'd rather us flirt with relegation at this point for something to play for, being middle of the pack in league 1 is absolutely dire.
    Great idea, let's stop all these bore draws and start losing more so we can fall into a relegation scrap. You couldn't make it up.
    Get more views for a vlog that way I guess?
    Oh fuck off you wanker 

Edit: dropped the C bomb, it is Christmas
    Sorry Braziliance but if you post nonsense saying "you would rather us flirt with relegation because being in the middle of the league is dire" then you should expect comment.

If your posts are not serious and not to be taken seriously then put a smiley by them, so everyone knows you're joking. 

I apologise I thought your posts and vlogs were honest opinions. I never realised they were jokes. 

Please don't apologise, it's just texts being misinterpreted. Most of my posts are serious but I'll sometimes make things a bit jokey without making it clear my tone would have changed if I was speaking. So to be clear I of course don't want Charlton anywhere near relegation and I was just jesting it would be more of a spectacle than mid table obscurity again.

sam3110 said:
    redbuttle said:
    redbuttle said:
    redbuttle said:

NabySarr said:

Yep, cause I want us to get relegated of course.. It was to emphasise how boring this season is, it wasnt serious. What is it with you and jumping on my posts lately? 

sam3110 said:
    redbuttle said:
    redbuttle said:
    redbuttle said:

NabySarr said:

Get more views for a vlog that way I guess?
    Oh fuck off you wanker 

Edit: dropped the C bomb, it is Christmas
    😂 Pipe down lad
    Probably a harsh post by me, but I've noticed a few of these types of comments now and they've wound me up.

To suggest I'd want Charlton to lose over the sake of a video feels like an attack on my character and suggests I'm not authentic. I've spent thousands upon thousands watching this club. The tickets, petrol, trains, hotels, time travelling, time booked off work. So to suggest that I would rather Charlton lose incase a video gets traction is a piss take. 

I enjoy making the videos either irrespective of the results, as it's been a nice distraction from life, but the truth be told it's those type of comments (from Charlton fans) that have been a reason for me not uploading a couple of times now. 

So I'll take back calling you what I said, as I was genuinely pissed off, but I still think it's a shit comment to make towards someone personally.
    "The tickets, petrol, trains, hotels, time travelling"

Time travelling... 

Can you go back and give Scott Parker a Chinese burn injury or put him in a cupboard so he doesn't move to Chelski and sit on the bench, destroying our best ever season and starting our downfall to this absolute shower we now find ourselves in? 
    Or somehow stop the Dowie appointment...

Surely your skills can be put to much better use rather than arguing about the merits or otherwise about a manager we're stuck with for the foreseeable... 
  • Yann897 said:
    PWADDICK said:
    If we did get JCH then you would have to imagine that we would be moving to a system that accommodates 2 up top.

3-5-2 would probably make the most sense, especially if CBT is off, but we would also need at least another quality WB, and CB. 

Maybe we might see at least one midfielder leave as well as we wouldn’t need 6 midfielders, plus Anderson in a system which only plays 2. 
    Could go 3-4-1-2, but feels like we have an abundance of midfielders to play a 3-5-2 without having to spend on a ‘number 10’. Dobson/Taylor and any combination of McGrandles, Fraser, Camera and Watson feels like it could work fine with JCH and May as outlets. 

Not sure what would happen with Tyreece development if we move to this formation. As much as he has been poor recently, I do really rate him as a prospect.

I'd take JCH now, especially if Pboro want him gone, he'll have a point to prove and it would help May to have a hold-up forward.
    It would, in my opinion, need backing up with maybe Ladapo from Ipswich and a battling midfielder to allow Fraser to be a 'provider'. A new CB (Taylor on loan from WBA) and a skillful winger if CBT is off.
    An experienced keeper would finish my wishlist, but can we get all that done for the reported £1m? Only a few days left to find out, as we need these players in 'pronto' especially if our current loanees are being sent back..which isn't a bad thing as far as Tedic and Campbell are concerned!
    I would love a big experienced keeper, but just don’t see it happening this window. 
    Thought he was decent when he was playing for Gillingham a few years ago. Certainly a presence at 6’ 9”.  Looks like his contract has 6 months to run at Carlisle. 
  • mendonca said:
    I love an unfit, slightly injured, unmotivated, dodgy attitude player, who used to be good as once they hit SE7 I can't see them be anything but fit, motivated, raring to go and ready to prove a point.
    We don't do slightly injured Mendonca, they are either leaning on crutches or have a referral with a surgeon when they sign the deal or we ain't interested. 
  • Sponsored links:

• supaclive said:
    JCH is a horrible player - angry, competitive and scores goals.   He'd add a mean streak this side currently doesn't have.
    Also, any side with JCH AND Alfie May in it, has got to stand a chance of scoring a ton of goals and winning games.
    Now find us the JCH of Centre Halves and we'd have a spine (with Dobbo) that could go on a run and win some bloody matches.
    However, we'd really need to go up next year at a minimum or I can see JCH and Alfie wanting out.

Very much agree with this. JCH is definitely a gamble but IMO there isn't a better striker available to us worth <500k. And like supaclive says he'd add a much needed bite to our frontline that only Aneke has added for us. Imagine JCH running defences ragged and then bringing on Aneke for the last 30 minutes (injuries permitting). We'd comfortably score enough goals to secure the illustrious 10th place finish we've all been craving

• Yann897 said:
    PWADDICK said:

We can do better than that surely? Jed Steer is a free agent at the moment, at 31 he’s got plenty of years left in him 
  • NabySarr said:
    Yann897 said:
    PWADDICK said:

We can do better than that surely? Jed Steer is a free agent at the moment, at 31 he’s got plenty of years left in him 
    Surely Steer would be too expensive though
  • Isn't Jed Steer a free agent because he's been constantly injured?
  • If Wrexham get Clarke Harris we should get Lee Gregory 
  • Well all this talk of JCH maybe coming to us, I guess we can write Miles Leaburn off for next season.
  • pettgra said:
    Well all this talk of JCH maybe coming to us, I guess we can write Miles Leaburn off for next season.
    That was already a given.
  • edited December 2023
    pettgra said:
    Well all this talk of JCH maybe coming to us, I guess we can write Miles Leaburn off for next season.
    I think he'll likely be sold. But we'll also have to see if he returns to being the same player after losing a hamstring tendon at such a young age. I'm no physio but from what I've read about it, it can cause a player to have to change the way they play. Also creates a higher recurrence of future hamstring injuries.
  • I think we'll have Miles until January next year. As @Chunes says he might not be the same player post injury so think clubs will want to see how he recovers

• Why do Posh want rid of him ? Why would he leave them to come to us ? If he’s any good , surely others will get him over us . 

• Sponsored links:

• wmcf123 said:
    Why do Posh want rid of him ? Why would he leave them to come to us ? If he’s any good , surely others will get him over us . 

They need rid of him because he has six months left on his contract.
  • Don't expect to see Miles at all again this season. Best to focus on getting him ready for next season and hopefully with a new contract too. 

• edited December 2023
    JCH is our new Hayden Mullins I reckon, linked every window, but never happens..

Mullins could probably still do a job for us!
  • CH4RLTON said:
    supaclive said:
    JCH is a horrible player - angry, competitive and scores goals.   He'd add a mean streak this side currently doesn't have.
    Also, any side with JCH AND Alfie May in it, has got to stand a chance of scoring a ton of goals and winning games.
    Now find us the JCH of Centre Halves and we'd have a spine (with Dobbo) that could go on a run and win some bloody matches.
    However, we'd really need to go up next year at a minimum or I can see JCH and Alfie wanting out.

Very much agree with this. JCH is definitely a gamble but IMO there isn't a better striker available to us worth <500k. And like supaclive says he'd add a much needed bite to our frontline that only Aneke has added for us. Imagine JCH running defences ragged and then bringing on Aneke for the last 30 minutes (injuries permitting). We'd comfortably score enough goals to secure the illustrious 10th place finish we've all been craving

Steve Brown has hit the nail on the head where he said this side has a bit of a soft underbelly and MA said it himself too. Id love to see us get a centre half with this streak in them too
    Big Hec is probably one of those you’d label as too nice. 
  • MA/AS have to be looking at experienced and aggressive players this window and JCH fits the bill (we've missed Aneke & Leaburn's physical presence). 
  • I honestly would not trust too much what the Peterborough fans say about JCH, look at the nonsense some of our fans say about the ability of two of our stars Dobson & CBT who are also maybe leaving in the next six months.

I doubt they had issue with him when their owner was not trying to force him out the door, when he was banging in goals in the so distant past of...................last season. 
  • edited December 2023
    The advantage we have in getting JCH over the likes of Derby and Oxford who have been interested before, is that we aren't a promotion rival to Peterborough. I think their owner said before he won't sell to a promotion rival.

I think he'd be a brilliant signing personally, I think he's a true professional. Always got a good return at Bristol Rovers and Peterborough, well liked at both clubs. You can tell he's cocky but most good players are, I think he'd link up really well with May and take the pressure off a bit. Would also be nice to have more physical presence in the side.

If we are starting Kanu and have the likes of Tedic on the bench, how on earth do we say no to this? He's been one of the best performers in this league for half a decade.

Hopefully we go ahead with it
  • If JCH adds a mean streak to us and adds goals then great, but if all he brings is attitude and laziness then no thanks