Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• pettgra said:
    Well all this talk of JCH maybe coming to us, I guess we can write Miles Leaburn off for next season.
    That was already a given.
    He is April on the CAFC 2024 Calendar. 
    Certain to be gone in the Sunmer. 
  • Swisdom said:
    I'm hearing there will be additions in January and they are quite exciting.  Hopefully the source isn't exaggerating things but I'm incline to trust them on this occasion
    I always keep an open mind about transfers, if they work, brilliant, if like normal, they mostly tend to be useless, you are not so disappointed 
  • JCH could be a great signing or he could be poop. But he's not very mobile or quick and he won't be running any defences ragged. 
  • JCH could be a great signing or he could be poop. But he's not very mobile or quick and he won't be running any defences ragged. 
    Thats where Alfie comes in if we can play 2 upfront. Think we need some more players that create chances though, we're also after a proper 10. Diamond formation maybe? 
  • edited December 2023
    Sounds positive, lets hope we can start building properly and get it right for once. Long overdue solid recruitment required which we are crying out for to improve and support the younger players, who will have big futures 
  • supaclive said:
    JCH is a horrible player - angry, competitive and scores goals.   He'd add a mean streak this side currently doesn't have.
    Also, any side with JCH AND Alfie May in it, has got to stand a chance of scoring a ton of goals and winning games.
    Now find us the JCH of Centre Halves and we'd have a spine (with Dobbo) that could go on a run and win some bloody matches.
    However, we'd really need to go up next year at a minimum or I can see JCH and Alfie wanting out.

Very much agree with this. JCH is definitely a gamble but IMO there isn't a better striker available to us worth <500k. And like supaclive says he'd add a much needed bite to our frontline that only Aneke has added for us. Imagine JCH running defences ragged and then bringing on Aneke for the last 30 minutes (injuries permitting). We'd comfortably score enough goals to secure the illustrious 10th place finish we've all been craving

I was replying to this post without wishing to start a disagreement. 
  • Sponsored links:

• A fit and motivated JCH would be an excellent signing. But it does concern me why he's been a fringe player for the last few months. 
    To be fair I haven't seen him play loads but thought he was strong, aggressive and a handful against us in recent years
    To be fair I haven't seen him play loads but thought he was strong, aggressive and a handful against us in recent years
    He is strong, aggressive and a handful. 
  • Is there honestly much point of pushing the boat out now with exciting signings? Season is pretty much over
  • Yann897 said:
    PWADDICK said:
    If we did get JCH then you would have to imagine that we would be moving to a system that accommodates 2 up top.

3-5-2 would probably make the most sense, especially if CBT is off, but we would also need at least another quality WB, and CB. 

Maybe we might see at least one midfielder leave as well as we wouldn’t need 6 midfielders, plus Anderson in a system which only plays 2. 
    Would also say an attacking midfielder to sit behind them
    Could go 3-4-1-2, but feels like we have an abundance of midfielders to play a 3-5-2 without having to spend on a ‘number 10’. Dobson/Taylor and any combination of McGrandles, Fraser, Camera and Watson feels like it could work fine with JCH and May as outlets. 

Not sure what would happen with Tyreece development if we move to this formation. As much as he has been poor recently, I do really rate him as a prospect.

I'd take JCH now, especially if Pboro want him gone, he'll have a point to prove and it would help May to have a hold-up forward.
    It would, in my opinion, need backing up with maybe Ladapo from Ipswich and a battling midfielder to allow Fraser to be a 'provider'. A new CB (Taylor on loan from WBA) and a skillful winger if CBT is off.
    An experienced keeper would finish my wishlist, but can we get all that done for the reported £1m? Only a few days left to find out, as we need these players in 'pronto' especially if our current loanees are being sent back..which isn't a bad thing as far as Tedic and Campbell are concerned!
    I would love a big experienced keeper, but just don’t see it happening this window. 
    Tomas Holy from Carlisle would be my pick he caught everything against us.
    Holy might have been brilliant against us, but he's been poor since then and was dropped on Tuesday, with a 20 year old taking his place!
  • Sponsored links:

• Holy has looked shonky as hell against us in the past. He is absolutely not the keeper you want if you're an abused fanbase who reacts to individual errors like the player involved has pissed on their shoes
  • We play Peterborough on 13 Jan would they sell to us before I think not.
  • Dansk_Red said:
    We play Peterborough on 13 Jan would they sell to us before I think not.
    They won't care if they can use the money we give them to sign Al-Hamadi 

• Over-inflated January fee please, Levy. 

His contract isn't up until 2027, so will have to be a big bid to get him. 

Unfortunately I can see it being a 6 month loan instead with a loan fee, if anything at all

• He won't go, he's RB LB & CB cover at the moment and playing quite well
  • If Peterborough get Al-Hamadi it won't be for whatever we pay for JCH. 

He was off to Bristol in the summer for less then a mil, his fee will only be lower now thanks to the clock ticking on losing him for nothing. 
  • One of the main problems with this squad is the lack of muscle and nasty streak. 
    JCH might not give you pace but he does give you agression, experience and guile. Plus a few goals and a partner for May.
    We’ve missed that ever since Aneke got injured again. 
    So it’s a good move. But we’ve been so burned the last few years it’s hard to get excited about anything. You can’t help feeling it will go wrong regardless at Charlton.
    Here’s hoping not and JCH is signed and is a success.