Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• Melrose said:
    NabySarr said:
    swordfish said:
    NabySarr said:
    First good bit of business was sacking Kirk, second would be sacking Appleton and picking the man for the job next season
    His record is nowhere near bad enough to warrant the sack. We’ve lost just two of our last 16 league games since Appleton took over.

It’s massively frustrating that we keep throwing away leads and ending up with draws but I can’t see Scott sacking a guy who has delivered two 7 game unbeaten runs in his first 16 games.

Also not convinced another change of manager will make a difference. We’ve tried that many times and it hasn’t worked….we keep ending up in mid table. 

We need better players to join in Jan. Simple as that.
    23 points from 15 isn't that impressive. Especially when you look at who we’ve actually beaten, other than Wigan it is just home wins against teams at the bottom and we can’t even do that any more 

We definitely need better players, that’s obvious. Maybe with better players Appleton will turn draws into wins, we shall see 
    But laughable to suggest it's bad enough to warrant sacking him now given our position when he arrived! 

I can't say I have great faith he'll lead us out of the wilderness of L1 and into the Championship , but he needs more time and, whilst we're not losing regularly with our inexperienced squad, I expect he'll get it. That said, I somehow doubt he'll still be in the man at the helm a year from now, but if he is, it will be because much will have improved playing squad wise and we'll be genuine promotion contenders.
    Fair enough, I don’t rate him but you are right he shouldn’t be sacked. Still think it was a poor appointment and will probably not work out for us. But he does deserve till the end of the season to prove what he can do with a better squad. 

The hope is that with better players, most of these draws turn into wins, my worry is that we appear to be getting worse and there is still no real evidence of a style of play or anything positive happening. Also don’t like how he’s changed his tune from our squad being a good one that’s underachieving to now slagging them off to save his reputation everytime we don’t win 

I think we have quite a few players who are just not achieving their potential and it’s frustrating the hell out of Appleton. I think he’s absolutely right in saying we now need experienced quality added in January. 
    That maybe true, but a decent manager would be getting more out of them. 
    Sometimes players just don’t have the drive to give 100% every game. Attitude is just as important as ability. Something Curbs knew very well. I don’t think we have enough of those type of player. Look at Charlie Kirk. Undoubtedly a decent footballer but couldn’t drag himself to the application needed. Why ? I don’t blame Appleton for the players we have. I’ll judge him this time next season. 
    Charlie Kirk, a decent footballer 😀. Now that has made my Christmas. He is totally crap.
    For us yes but he performed well enough for Crewe Alex for us to pay a large fee for. I think the general consensus when we signed him was quite positive. 
  • He’s a fantastic defender who will have a great career. Going to a very decent Championship club.
  • Caulker has signed as player manager for a 5th tier Spanish side.
  • Abbey is a fantastic prospect but I would guess he's got the pick of most championship clubs wanting to sign him , maybe even a lower PL club like a Luton. 
  • redbuttle said:
    redbuttle said:
    redbuttle said:
    First good bit of business was sacking Kirk, second would be sacking Appleton and picking the man for the job next season
    Yes another manager recruited to be sacked in 6 months time.
    He's pants m8, seen more emotion from a corn on the cob

NabySarr said:
    Michael Duff is available, Ryan Lowe could be available soon. So many better managers available but we will probably waste a year on Appleton and still be here next year 
    Naby we are finally reading from the same script, let the negativity embrace you, this bloke is pants. 
    Just like Holden was pants and Garner before him? With this logic the next manager will be pants too. 
    Holden was pants, Jacko wasn't ready, Adkins is a dinosaur, Garner is a system merchant etc. 

I'm sorry but he's not a good manager, just go and look at his record. Done something about 9 years ago in league 2, that's it. 
    To be honest I don't know who you expect would take the managers job if it was offered. We are mid table league one..
    Someone who isn't terrified of losing would be a start. At home to one of the worst teams in the league and we need wins to even have a sniff at play offs. Doesn't even send up every man to have a chance at stealing the game as he's clearly happy with his bore draws.

I think every manager I'd want wouldn't come to us, but I don't believe for a minute we can't get a better manager. There is definitely someone out there who can do better than him. He's fortunately landed on the journeyman manager carousel and he will never cement himself anywhere. He'll always get a job at a desperate club who are too afraid to take a risk. 

We are too big of a job for him. Look at his record away from here. More losses than wins everywhere except Oxford in league 2. His draw record is staggering. One of the most uninspiring Charlton managers I've ever seen.

I'd rather us flirt with relegation at this point for something to play for, being middle of the pack in league 1 is absolutely dire.
    Great idea, let's stop all these bore draws and start losing more so we can fall into a relegation scrap. You couldn't make it up.
    Get more views for a vlog that way I guess?
  • Sponsored links:

• I met Jason Pearce at ruxley the other day, said he would love to put his boots on again……….

👀👀👀👀

😂😂😂
  • Come on fellas. Really no need…
  • redbuttle said:
    redbuttle said:
    redbuttle said:

NabySarr said:
    Michael Duff is available, Ryan Lowe could be available soon. So many better managers available but we will probably waste a year on Appleton and still be here next year 
    Naby we are finally reading from the same script, let the negativity embrace you, this bloke is pants. 
    Just like Holden was pants and Garner before him? With this logic the next manager will be pants too. 
    Holden was pants, Jacko wasn't ready, Adkins is a dinosaur, Garner is a system merchant etc. 

I'm sorry but he's not a good manager, just go and look at his record. Done something about 9 years ago in league 2, that's it. 
    To be honest I don't know who you expect would take the managers job if it was offered. We are mid table league one..
    Someone who isn't terrified of losing would be a start. At home to one of the worst teams in the league and we need wins to even have a sniff at play offs. Doesn't even send up every man to have a chance at stealing the game as he's clearly happy with his bore draws.

I think every manager I'd want wouldn't come to us, but I don't believe for a minute we can't get a better manager. There is definitely someone out there who can do better than him. He's fortunately landed on the journeyman manager carousel and he will never cement himself anywhere. He'll always get a job at a desperate club who are too afraid to take a risk. 

We are too big of a job for him. Look at his record away from here. More losses than wins everywhere except Oxford in league 2. His draw record is staggering. One of the most uninspiring Charlton managers I've ever seen.

I'd rather us flirt with relegation at this point for something to play for, being middle of the pack in league 1 is absolutely dire.
    Great idea, let's stop all these bore draws and start losing more so we can fall into a relegation scrap. You couldn't make it up.
    Yep, cause I want us to get relegated of course.. It was to emphasise how boring this season is, it wasnt serious. What is it with you and jumping on my posts lately? 

sam3110 said:
    redbuttle said:
    redbuttle said:
    redbuttle said:

NabySarr said:

Oh fuck off you wanker 

Edit: dropped the C bomb, it is Christmas
    😂 Pipe down lad
  • PopIcon said:
    Ridiculous suggestion to sack Appleton. Start by sack the recruitment team.
    All day long.
  • Jac_52 said:
    NabySarr said:
    I think it’s hard to judge Appleton when the squad is poor and a lot of injuries. If we have a decent January he can be judged from Feb onwards. Personally don’t think many managers would get much more from our current squad.
    Compare our squad, even with the injuries, to the teams we’ve been playing against, Burton, Cheltenham, Carlisle, Cambridge and I think there are plenty of managers that would do better 
    Can’t do better than winning … v Cheltenham who at the time were one of the form teams .. Cambridge you can’t blame a manager for a ref blunder that would have been 2-1 .
    Same for the Barnsley draw. Penalty for handball not given and their goal shouldn't have stood. 
    Please don't encourage her.
  • PopIcon said:
    All day long.
    Sack the recruitment ream AND Appleton
  • Melrose said:
    PopIcon said:
    All day long.
    Another ridiculous comment 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2023
    redbuttle said:
    redbuttle said:
    redbuttle said:

NabySarr said:

Yep, cause I want us to get relegated of course.. It was to emphasise how boring this season is, it wasnt serious. What is it with you and jumping on my posts lately? 

sam3110 said:
    redbuttle said:
    redbuttle said:
    redbuttle said:

NabySarr said:

Oh fuck off you wanker 

Sorry Braziliance but if you post nonsense saying "you would rather us flirt with relegation because being in the middle of the league is dire" then you should expect comment.

If your posts are not serious and not to be taken seriously then put a smiley by them, so everyone knows you're joking. 

I apologise I thought your posts and vlogs were honest opinions. I never realised they were jokes. 

Please don't apologise, it's just texts being misinterpreted. Most of my posts are serious but I'll sometimes make things a bit jokey without making it clear my tone would have changed if I was speaking. So to be clear I of course don't want Charlton anywhere near relegation and I was just jesting it would be more of a spectacle than mid table obscurity again.

sam3110 said:
    redbuttle said:
    redbuttle said:
    redbuttle said:

NabySarr said:

sam3110 said:
    redbuttle said:
    redbuttle said:
    redbuttle said:

NabySarr said:

Oh fuck off you wanker 

😂 Pipe down lad
    Probably a harsh post by me, but I've noticed a few of these types of comments now and they've wound me up.

To suggest I'd want Charlton to lose over the sake of a video feels like an attack on my character and suggests I'm not authentic. I've spent thousands upon thousands watching this club. The tickets, petrol, trains, hotels, time travelling, time booked off work. So to suggest that I would rather Charlton lose incase a video gets traction is a piss take. 

I enjoy making the videos either irrespective of the results, as it's been a nice distraction from life, but the truth be told it's those type of comments (from Charlton fans) that have been a reason for me not uploading a couple of times now. 

So I'll take back calling you what I said, as I was genuinely pissed off, but I still think it's a shit comment to make towards someone personally.
  • edited December 2023
    Off_it said:
    redbuttle said:
    redbuttle said:
    redbuttle said:

NabySarr said:

sam3110 said:
    redbuttle said:
    redbuttle said:
    redbuttle said:

NabySarr said:

Oh fuck off you wanker 

Listen mate, just a bit of advice. Take it or leave it.

But if you're gonna put yourself "out there" and be someone who does videos and posts up stuff with your opinions then you have got to expect comments. Some of them will be agreeing with you and some of them won't. Some of them might be great and some might be shitty.

You can't go dropping the c-bomb everytime you get riled,  otherwise you will implode.

As I said, take it or leave it. I dont make the rules. 

But, genuinely, good luck with your videos and stuff. 👍
    Appreciate your comment mate and I agree I can't, so I've explained to Sam why I said what I said and taken it back.

Cheers for your advice. I agree that if I carry on making videos they're going to get feedback, which has already happened and I'm fine with. The bit I do struggle with is the friendly fire a bit. Other fans don't bother me, that's why I'm willing to stand with them and open myself up to dumb comments etc. Not a nice feeling however, when it feels like Charlton fans doing it. Probably is a bit sensitive but just how it is being honest. If it's genuinely banter I don't care, but if my loyalty towards Charlton is questioned I am going to have my back up a bit as it feels like an attack on my personality a bit is all.

Anyway apologies for the double post on a rumours thread, again. Finally thanks again for your comment, I genuinely really appreciate it. :)
  • Melrose said:
    PopIcon said:
    All day long.
    Another ridiculous comment 
    Cheers Ronnie, I bow to your all enveloping football knowledge. I've got one question for you. Would you continually play your top goal scorer out wide to to make way for the the club's other Jewels?
  • Melrose said:
    NabySarr said:
    swordfish said:
    NabySarr said:
    His record is nowhere near bad enough to warrant the sack. We’ve lost just two of our last 16 league games since Appleton took over.

It’s massively frustrating that we keep throwing away leads and ending up with draws but I can’t see Scott sacking a guy who has delivered two 7 game unbeaten runs in his first 16 games.

Also not convinced another change of manager will make a difference. We’ve tried that many times and it hasn’t worked….we keep ending up in mid table. 

We need better players to join in Jan. Simple as that.
    23 points from 15 isn't that impressive. Especially when you look at who we’ve actually beaten, other than Wigan it is just home wins against teams at the bottom and we can’t even do that any more 

We definitely need better players, that’s obvious. Maybe with better players Appleton will turn draws into wins, we shall see 
    But laughable to suggest it's bad enough to warrant sacking him now given our position when he arrived! 

I can't say I have great faith he'll lead us out of the wilderness of L1 and into the Championship , but he needs more time and, whilst we're not losing regularly with our inexperienced squad, I expect he'll get it. That said, I somehow doubt he'll still be in the man at the helm a year from now, but if he is, it will be because much will have improved playing squad wise and we'll be genuine promotion contenders.
    Fair enough, I don’t rate him but you are right he shouldn’t be sacked. Still think it was a poor appointment and will probably not work out for us. But he does deserve till the end of the season to prove what he can do with a better squad. 

The hope is that with better players, most of these draws turn into wins, my worry is that we appear to be getting worse and there is still no real evidence of a style of play or anything positive happening. Also don’t like how he’s changed his tune from our squad being a good one that’s underachieving to now slagging them off to save his reputation everytime we don’t win 

I think we have quite a few players who are just not achieving their potential and it’s frustrating the hell out of Appleton. I think he’s absolutely right in saying we now need experienced quality added in January. 
    That maybe true, but a decent manager would be getting more out of them. 
    Sometimes players just don’t have the drive to give 100% every game. Attitude is just as important as ability. Something Curbs knew very well. I don’t think we have enough of those type of player. Look at Charlie Kirk. Undoubtedly a decent footballer but couldn’t drag himself to the application needed. Why ? I don’t blame Appleton for the players we have. I’ll judge him this time next season. 
    Charlie Kirk, a decent footballer 😀. Now that has made my Christmas. He is totally crap.
    For us yes but he performed well enough for Crewe Alex for us to pay a large fee for. I think the general consensus when we signed him was quite positive. 
    i'd never heard of him but admitted, people on here seemed to think he was good - the photo of his car in the valley car park was a worry - a second hand, white, shitty range rover - hairdressers car and turned out he was a hairdresser of a footballer - i want our next 4 signings turning up in tanks
  • Steven Caulker on SSN this morning saying he was training with us for a couple of weeks but gave him the ‘closure’ he needed to go into management.
    Forcing players into retirement now  :D
  • Richard J said:
    Caulker has signed as player manager for a 5th tier Spanish side.

Not exactly devastated to hear this, I don't think he's what we need right now. That said, hopefully it does suggest that someone (either Scott, Appleton or both) is still looking at boosting the defence which is a good sign as far as it goes.