Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• Plays RB this season in a back 4 so definitely not a wing-back. 
    This has to be one of your worst takes.
  • Gone back to players who I’ve never heard of again. 

Welcome to the club KR

This does not prove he's not a capable wing back. All it means is he has been playing in a back 4. Lots of players are capable in more than one role.
    He could also be an excellent striker. But he's never played the position. 

Closest is a couple of games (4) at the beginning of last season but they quickly reverted back to a back 4 after it didn't work out. 
  • Probably been answered somewhere in 273 posts but how does the medical work? 

If we had a bid accepted 5 mins ago, the player probably isn't even in his car. Do we send him somewhere to get the medical? Email his agent the contract? Or would he be stuck in traffic in Leeds hoping he gets here in time?
    I think this is where the Data Sheet to the EFL comes into effect - So long as that gets over prior to the deadline, we can get him down here asap and get everything done / announced after 11pm if need be
    Doesn’t it only give you an extra hour though? I’d suspect in such cases you’d get the player to do his medical at another Club closer to his current club. Saying that if we’ve agreed a fee in the last few hours you’d assume it’s been on the burner since at least early this morning and if so the playe4 would travel down anyway in anticipation of a fee being agreed. Worse case scenario he has to go back home disappointed.
    He could well be a future wing-back with successful development and coaching. 

Right now he's not a wing-back. And right now, we don't have the luxury of throwing a couple of games playing square pegs in round holes. 

• Flashscore rates him quite well.

• Flashscore rates him quite well.
    If he’s really out of contract in June we are definitely not paying 300k.
  • Sponsored links:

• If Ramsey signs that gives us Watson, Asiimwe, REG and Ramsey who can play RB/RWB. Not really a position we need to strengthen now, would have thought a number 10 and a hold it up striker more important. 
    With the formation we play, our lack of effective RWB has been absolutely killing us (same with LWB). Much more needed than anything else for me. 
    Not even close, and it's a really shit take
  • Scoham said:
    If Ramsey signs that gives us Watson, Asiimwe, REG and Ramsey who can play RB/RWB. Not really a position we need to strengthen now, would have thought a number 10 and a hold it up striker more important. 
    WBs are our main source of width in 3-5-2, we need better to make the formation work.

Watson is average
    Asiimwe is still only a teenager
    REG is mainly a CB

Don’t disagree about the other positions, but WB on both sides also needed strengthening.
    Don’t disagree but I feel the other positions are more important right now. We are a Ladapo injury away from being in trouble.
  • Does he deserve his own thread, or do we wait until he's passed the medical?
  • aliwibble said:
    Does he deserve his own thread, or do we wait until he's passed the medical?
    WIOTOS 

Right now he's not a wing-back. And right now, we don't have the luxury of throwing a couple of games playing square pegs in round holes. 
    It’s really not that different with the right player.

As an example Wiggins could have obviously played wing back despite mainly playing in a back four for us. As good as Solly was he wasn’t as quick or good going forward so was more suited to a back four.

Good recruitment means finding players suited to your system, if you limit to those who have regularly played in the same formation you’re looking in a much smaller pool of players.
  • Sponsored links:

• LoOkOuT said:

By Gawd that’s Kane’s music!
  • edited February 1
    Plays RB this season in a back 4 so definitely not a wing-back. 

You do understand that you can play as a wing back in a back 4 right?

You do understand he has also played RWB as well as RM?

Go do some research on his attributes, his strengths, and how he plays his football, before saying it’s a square peg in a round hole
  • edited February 1
    I think people might be forgetting how badly we've been shredded down the right recently. It's not just the RWB, Jones makes for a horrendous right sided CB so far but Tennai does seem to lack the fitness to play in a team that needs more clean sheets and stability at the back right now. Ramsay looks like a proper athlete who can play as well so that along with REG being a more suitable RCB might make a big difference to us in the transition, which is where we currently fall apart completely. 
    Ladapo getting injured would be bad but he isn't injured yet. We don't have a RWB suitable for how we're playing right now though, it's definitely a priority.
  • edited February 1
    Scoham said:
    Plays RB this season in a back 4 so definitely not a wing-back. 

It’s really not that different with the right player.

As an example Wiggins could have obviously played wing back despite mainly playing in a back four for us. As good as Solly was he wasn’t as quick or good going forward so was more suited to a back four.

Good recruitment means finding players suited to your system, if you limit to those who have regularly played in the same formation you’re looking in a much smaller pool of players.
    I don't doubt that in the future he'll be a perfectly fine wing-back. He's definitely one for the future.

But I can't see, day one, him walking into the team at wing-back and not being incredibly uncomfortable. Positioning and responsibilities he'd have to relearn because it's a different position altogether from right-back. 

It's also why centre-backs that play in a back 4 struggle to slot into a back 3 right away. Different positioning and responsibilities. 
    Dan James in England squad was the worst. Sorry SELR 🤣
  • aliwibble said:
    Does he deserve his own thread, or do we wait until he's passed the medical?
    Not got much else to talk about here if a separate Ramsay thread was made now!
  • Hopefully they also have a strategy of how we’ll loan him out to a league 2 team - probably mk dons - in a year’s time when we’ve broken him and he goes from marauding wing back to tripping up over his own feet. 
  • J BLOCK said:
    If Ramsey signs that gives us Watson, Asiimwe, REG and Ramsey who can play RB/RWB. Not really a position we need to strengthen now, would have thought a number 10 and a hold it up striker more important. 
    With the formation we play, our lack of effective RWB has been absolutely killing us (same with LWB). Much more needed than anything else for me. 

I think I agree with this - centre forward , a CAM another wing back and a dominant centre back being the others but in theory if the 2 new centre backs do well, ladapo gets fitter and chucks cones back then I guess forini or May could play nr 10 / CAM - it’s all big ifs mind u but a good wing back would walk straight into the side and improve it no question 
    Dan James in England squad was the worst. Sorry SELR 🤣
    It's fine. 

Find it amusing that calling a player that doesn't play wing-back....not a wing-back has caused such uproar.  :D