Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• Melrose said:
    Bolton and Portsmoth have put us to shame. Bought quality players, not the old tat that Scott has bought in. He needs to do something in the remaining window time. My guess is that the owners have lost faith in him (A.S) and that no money will now be available to him  if that's the case, then Andy Scott, be very afraid
    Unfortunately we’re not going to be able to compete with those clubs at the top end of the league. That’s not Scott’s fault (with reference to this window alone). 
    Maybe, but Scott doesn't seem to be able to judge player quality. I haver never seen such a poor  imbalanced squad. Add to that the appointment of Appleton and you can see why I'm very uncomplementary towards Scott.
  • sam3110 said:
    kodfish said:
    No sign of a no 1 goalkeeper, loan or permanent. 

Why would there be when we have 3 keepers on our books already?

Absolutely deluded to think we'd sign a fourth
    We can always lose one. If you’re happy with the one’s we’ve got then maybe arguably you’re deluded. 
  • Not signing a striker would be a serious concern. Did they not just watch the last 2 months where we didn’t have a big striker on the pitch? We can’t rely on Aneke so one Ladapo injury puts us back in that position. Very risky 
  • PWADDICK said:
    That Cambridge away game is gonna be the worst day of my life 
    I usually love going to Cambridge , been a few times, a punt down the old river Cam, a few  Chelsea buns in Fitzbillies, the best cake shop going, I absolutely love it!

However with Lyle Lyle Crocodile , and Macca up front, I ain’t going anywhere near it, it’s a Charlton fans nightmare, with disaster written all over it.
    Relax, they’re both utter dross, and won’t score. 

😬
  • Croydon said:
    To lose CBT and not even attempt to sign someone to replace the assists is mental.
    This is Charlton Athletic you're talking about. Anything is possible. 

• edited February 1
  • sam3110 said:
    kodfish said:
    No sign of a no 1 goalkeeper, loan or permanent. 

Why would there be when we have 3 keepers on our books already?

Absolutely deluded to think we'd sign a fourth

We won't sign a 4th but I find it incredible that 6minths into their ownership Scott has bought 3 keepers in and everyone of them is not good enough so it remains one of the weakest parts of our squad.
  • Love the fact that everyone was kicking off a few days ago that there were too many leaks from the club. Now they've gone water tight everyone is kicking off that there aren't any leaks.
    There’s nothing to leak 🙁
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 1
    For a laugh we should spin up Martin Sandgaard's black box for an hour to see what it spits out
  • Addick_8 said:
    For a laugh we should spin up Martin Sandgaard's black box for an hour to see what it spits out
    Didn’t the black box find George Dobson?
  • Let’s put it perspective.. Arsenal Liverpool Newcastle Chelsea and Man Utd … Not signed anyone this January 

• Let’s put it in perspective… Barcelona and Spain dominated football around 10-15 years ago, their average height was about 5 ft 2. Our team is much taller and many players would pass the CL height test.
  • edited February 1
    Love the fact that everyone was kicking off a few days ago that there were too many leaks from the club. Now they've gone water tight everyone is kicking off that there aren't any leaks.
    I would suggest that the leaks have ceased because there's no longer positive news/spin they want put out to the fans. 
  • Kayne Ramsay. Harrogate Town.
  • Sponsored links:

• Ex Southampton academy youngster if I recall. 
  • edited February 1
    Can play either at Centre-Back or Right-Back... Never heard of him

Given his Southampton Academy roots, hopefully this is the type of potential signing that works out, and one that we've previously missed out on in the past because of our lack of Scouting.
  • edited February 1
    23 year old defender currently playing in lower-end League Two. 
  • obviously a league below but looks solid defensively and has more assists than Watson 
  • edited February 1
    fenaddick said: