Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• If you believe we are signing Evan Ferguson on loan then you've not been living in the real world for the past 12 months. 
    Or the past 12 years.
  • It'll be the Watford lad.   Injured in November.   Not able to play until March.   Not fit until end of May.
    T'rrific
  • PWADDICK said:

A rumour!
    How tall is he?
  • Found a potential name of the right back on Twitter - Andy Yiadom who plays for Reading.

• Jed Steer has re-signed with Peterborough for the rest of the season.
  • _MrDick said:
    This has got to be the worst deadline day ever. So boring 
    Because we done our shopping early like people wanted 
  • I note that Chelsea have put a £50m price tag on Connor Gallagher!
  • Will this window end how it started? With Carlisle showing off three signings while we end up with nothing.

• Andy Yiadom would at least bring experience. Been ever present for Reading for many seasons. 20 games this season. 
  • edited February 1
    No striker? If Chuks get injured again, that leaves only Ladapo & May plus Kanu. One more injury away from having no options on the bench.
  • Sponsored links:

• Yann897 said:
    Chunes said:
    No striker? If Chuks get injured again, that leaves only Ladapo & May plus Kanu. One more injury away from having no options on the bench.
    Should have brought in the port vale striker when we were told he was having a medical, May could have played in the 10 atleast.
    The way Ladapo has started, I think we picked the wrong one. 
  • Croydon said:
    To lose CBT and not even attempt to sign someone to replace the assists is mental.
    Window don’t shut till 11 we are looking to bring in number 10 .. 
    What…. & his wife & Larry the cat?

• It's far too quiet on the rumour front. I've a feeling that sod all will happen today, that includes a new manager. Normally something 'leaks', but today it's virtually silent on every front.
    We started the window very well,  but it seems we're ending it with a whimper. 
    Yet we're in desperate need of a 10, an attacking midfielder, and a RWB/LWB.
    Despite dear old Ronnie saying Chucks is back soon, that's just his opinion, which is normally wrong. Just 7 hours to go and if nothing changes we have to play with the squad we have now....League 2 anyone?
  • No sign of a no 1 goalkeeper, loan or permanent. 

• kodfish said:
    No sign of a no 1 goalkeeper, loan or permanent. 

Why would there be when we have 3 keepers on our books already?

Absolutely deluded to think we'd sign a fourth
  • pettgra said:
    My Millwall mate told me not to worry about the transfer window. Apparently they have signed a player who they can’t use yet because he is too fat. He said you cannot make it up.
    I used to play a lot of golf with the son of a well known 50s/60s footballer. He told me that Brighton signed his Dad from Spurs only to find, on his first day of training, that he weighed inat 17.5 stone.
    Bobby Smith 
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:
    kodfish said:
    No sign of a no 1 goalkeeper, loan or permanent. 

Why would there be when we have 3 keepers on our books already?

Absolutely deluded to think we'd sign a fourth
    Because none of the ones we have are any good......just like in most other positions!!
  • Chunes said:
    More concerned if May gets injured. 
  • People were saying we had a decent deadline day in the summer when we signed all those loanees. Lets wait before writing today off. One or two of the right players could make a difference.

I think we need a wing back and striker. Number 10 would be nice but not essential.
  • I'm very surprised there hasn't been a reported enquiry and bid for Alfie, now that is one that would cock us up...🤞
    ...but wouldn't put anything past this lot accepting a silly bid...after all we do have Chuks lined up...🙄
  • edited February 1
    No 10 is such a key position though Canters, and I’m not really convinced by any of our ‘creative’ midfielders. 
  • Chunes said:
    More concerned if May gets injured. 
    Well, we all know that. May however is not a player that holds the ball up. He should play off a striker or just behind the font 2