Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• fenaddick said:

Would be known to Jones from Saints days
    Think he left before jones was appointed 
  • Seems to tick a few boxes: young, potential to grow, decent stats. I don't mind it. Hopefully we have a few more lined up though.
  • fenaddick said:

Would be known to Jones from Saints days
    Played 4 times under Ralph Hasenhüttl but 0 under Jones. 
  • Never seen him play but stats look solid, young so has good resale value and has played a lot of games this season. Can’t imagine fee will be much so probably worth a punt 
  • Impressed by Bolton, they've built really well over the years, and now they're in a good position for autos, they're pushing out to try and secure it. 

Truly envious at the likes of them and Ipswich over the years.
    Haven't they both been in Administration?
  • Would be a good punt to see how he develops. 

However, we are more focused on points right now. So if that's the only signing this evening it would be pretty terrible business. 
  • Seeeee told you a signing might come out of nowhere.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Seems like a decent hopefully cheap signing. 
  • He seems to be well rated. Only fan opinions rather than solid rumours but seeing people suggesting him for clubs like Peterborough and Oxford which can’t be a bad thing.
  • edited February 1
    Kayne Ramsey:
    23 year old Hackney born right back who was described as athletic. 
    Made debut at just 18 at Southampton against Man City !

Is the lad still Hungry to advance his career.
  • 23 year old Hackney born right back who was described as athletic. 

Maybe not, but Dobson might be?
  • Simonsen said:
    Impressed by Bolton, they've built really well over the years, and now they're in a good position for autos, they're pushing out to try and secure it. 

Truly envious at the likes of them and Ipswich over the years.
    Haven't they both been in Administration?
    I didn't mean the dodgy parts of course, I meant since they've recovered and the signings they've made. 

Should have made that more obvious.
  • fenaddick said:
    Never seen him play but stats look solid, young so has good resale value and has played a lot of games this season. Can’t imagine fee will be much so probably worth a punt 
    If @RonnieMoore is right (don’t laugh) the fee is 300k, hardly a punt for a League One club.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 1
    Kayne Ramsey:
    23 year old Hackney born right back who was described as athletic. 

Made his debut when Jones was manager?

Edit. No he didn't.  Sorry
  • Seeeee told you a signing might come out of nowhere.  
    Err, haven't signed him yet have we...🙄
  • Probably been answered somewhere in 273 posts but how does the medical work? 

If we had a bid accepted 5 mins ago, the player probably isn't even in his car. Do we send him somewhere to get the medical? Email his agent the contract? Or would he be stuck in traffic in Leeds hoping he gets here in time?
  • To be fair I read it, and my first reaction thought he was a signing from Non-League and thought he'd be one for the future, before realising that Harrogate are a League Two side now.
    Perfect for when we end up there next season. 
  • fenaddick said:

Right crack the champagne. That will do. 

I tell you who I wouldn't have minded as an option at right wing back, the lad from Cambridge Corey was up against, Liam Bennett. Thought he was class most of the game.
  • Probably been answered somewhere in 273 posts but how does the medical work? 

If we had a bid accepted 5 mins ago, the player probably isn't even in his car. Do we send him somewhere to get the medical? Email his agent the contract? Or would he be stuck in traffic in Leeds hoping he gets here in time?
    I think this is where the Data Sheet to the EFL comes into effect - So long as that gets over prior to the deadline, we can get him down here asap and get everything done / announced after 11pm if need be
  • kodfish said:
    sam3110 said:
    kodfish said:
    No sign of a no 1 goalkeeper, loan or permanent. 

Why would there be when we have 3 keepers on our books already?

Absolutely deluded to think we'd sign a fourth
    We can always lose one. If you’re happy with the one’s we’ve got then maybe arguably you’re deluded. 
    It simply isn't a priority in January for me, or for the club I reckon. We've already swapped out one keeper this transfer window and arguably our number 1 is just returning from injury.

It would be absolutely mental to sell one and sign another at this point.

I would revisit this in the summer when there's more time and scope to get someone better in, but no I'm not deluded for being realistic and understanding that the powers that be aren't going to sign a second keeper in January