Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• Was it the Wigan away match when Watson played on the left and I thought it was his best performance. 

This signing would free him up to compete with Edun on the other side so we can forget Thomas in that role who never really offers an attacking threat. 
  • A full back called Ramsey? Are we going to play "push and run" (one for the oldies there.
    How do Alf?
  • Tuesday night, helping Harrogate rise to 8th. Makes a change for us to prise someone away from a club below us on deadline day.
  • A full back called Ramsey? Are we going to play "push and run" (one for the oldies there.
    How do Alf?
    With Ted & Ray up top.
  • Has Collins been announced yet?
  • Ladapo and Kanu up front with May at 10 in midfield 

• fenaddick said:
    Never seen him play but stats look solid, young so has good resale value and has played a lot of games this season. Can’t imagine fee will be much so probably worth a punt 
    If @RonnieMoore is right (don’t laugh) the fee is 300k, hardly a punt for a League One club.
    Not a chance this is 300k. 
    Two zeros too many.
  • Sponsored links:

• Yann897 said:
    Looks like a good signing to be fair, i noticed that league 2 team of the season so far the other day and thought here you go, go get both full backs. 
    Still think we need another but I’m gonna say that’s unlikely.
    Signing players from league 2 , is part of the problem that got us in this mess to begin with.

Swindon , Rochdale and Lincoln players if I remember correctly.
  • ross1 said:
    Ladapo and Kanu up front with May at 10 in midfield 

Then we have 0 striking options from the bench 
  • ross1 said:
    Ladapo and Kanu up front with May at 10 in midfield 

If that’s the thinking I'm good with it but then we are a forward short with Leaburn out for the season.  
  • fenaddick said:
    Never seen him play but stats look solid, young so has good resale value and has played a lot of games this season. Can’t imagine fee will be much so probably worth a punt 
    If @RonnieMoore is right (don’t laugh) the fee is 300k, hardly a punt for a League One club.
    Not a chance this is 300k. 
    Two zeros too many.
    He’s very highly rated and a good age having a good season id say around 200k-250k wouldn’t be far off.
  • edited February 1
    Super Chuks will be the bench option (hopefully this weekend)
  • Plays RB this season in a back 4 so definitely not a wing-back. 
    This has to be one of your worst takes.
    Not even close, and it's a really shit take
    Dan James in England squad was the worst. Sorry SELR 🤣
    It's fine. 

Find it amusing that calling a player that doesn't play wing-back....not a wing-back has caused such uproar.  :D
    I still want to know what a number 10 is.
  • edited February 1
    Plays RB this season in a back 4 so definitely not a wing-back. 
    It's fine. 

Find it amusing that calling a player that doesn't play wing-back....not a wing-back has caused such uproar.  :D
    Trevor Brooking
  • sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Harrogate ? I won’t get excited just yet and will reserve judgement. 

Knowing what competition we had to beat off might give more comfort / room for optimism I suppose. 
    I find comments like this mental. 

A relatively young player, playing regularly and getting great reviews in the league below, is much better in my eyes than an older player, hardly playing and having to drop down a league to get game time
    The bit about reserving judgement you mean or the bit about wondering what competition there was? 
    The reserving judgement bit. The"Harrogate?" Suggests you've already made up your mind that he won't be good enough based purely on where he plays right now. It comes across as negative straight away. 

Why does it matter who else wants him? If we want him, and get him, and he does well, that's great. I couldn't give a toss if we beat Bromley, Bolton or Barcelona to the signing
    Because as he is only playing L2 currently the competition for his signature might give a clue as to whether he is likely to be a prospect or just an also ran. 

I don’t know him. 

But to be fair very few of our signings in recent years have been recognisable names. 

If you already knew of him and know he is a good prospect then great news. 

I am not enthused yet. 

• Super Chuks will be the bench option (hopefully this weekend)
    Even Mick could do a job as a substitute, or if one of the strikers have to come off, move May forward and one of our midfielders could fill in for a while. It is League 1, depending how long is left of that game
  • Sponsored links:

It's fine. 

• Think Terry Taylor is going to be our number 10 going forward
  • edited February 1
    Addick_8 said:
    Think Terry Taylor is going to be our number 10 going forward
    He'll be like a new signing......oh never mind...🤷‍♂️
  • Brownie12 said:
    Plays RB this season in a back 4 so definitely not a wing-back. 
    It's fine. 

It’s the number between 9 and 11
    Wow!,,,a university education, you can't beat it...🙄
  • IF Ramsey is signed then on the law of Averages we will get a better player than the player they replace !

I'm old school, I judge players on their performance on the field rather than someone's mate who despite attending an AA meeting and is visually impaired is an expert on the player at their club.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Has Collins been announced yet?
    Yes.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Has Collins been announced yet?
    Yes.
    In Bolton...
  • It just wouldn't be Charlton transfer window day without a 'who??' mentioned at some point during the evening.
    It's fine. 

Bo Derek