Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• edited February 1
    PWADDICK said:
    That Cambridge away game is gonna be the worst day of my life 
    I usually love going to Cambridge , been a few times, a punt down the old river Cam, a few  Chelsea buns in Fitzbillies, the best cake shop going, I absolutely love it!

However with Lyle Lyle Crocodile , and Macca up front, I ain’t going anywhere near it, it’s a Charlton fans nightmare, with disaster written all over it.
  • So are we going with 0 signings for today?!
  • JamesSeed said:
    No 10 is such a key position though Canters, and I’m not really convinced by any of our ‘creative’ midfielders. 
    I agree and in an ideal world we would have someone in for there but 2 things would make me prioritise elsewhere.

1) we have some who can do the role -May, Fiorini, Watson. Whereas up front if Ladapo gets injured we are screwed. 

2) 352 is often played 2 8's and no 10. 

Also I think we rely too much on our midfield we need wings backs to bring some creativity which will in turn create space for the midfield to play. More to come from Fiorini I'm certain.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    So are we going with 0 signings for today?!
    I’m going for 2.7.
  • Even Sky are going to struggle to hype this up.  Most boring deadline day ever
  • Hal1x said:
    I note that Chelsea have put a £50m price tag on Connor Gallagher!
    Guaranteed that someone one here will
    ask if we get a sell on fee
    As an aside I have come to think the genuine sell on possibility for Gomez (and others?) is perhaps how the new owners were part persuaded to pay for the  club and not just take over the annual losses. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I think we'll sign 1 or 2 more, both probably loans and both almost certainly not 100% match fit  
  • I find it a bit weird that we bid decent money for Aaron Collins and there doesn’t seem to be any similar link since he joined Bolton.  Maybe we’ll be surprised and it’s all kept hush hush, or maybe Collins was the only one they wanted so they’ll wait till the summer now.  
  • Dazzler21 said:
    So are we going with 0 signings for today?!
    No
  • MrBurns said:
    Remember we can sign free agents still after the window closes
    On that note surely Connor Wickham is worth a punt for 6 months
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 1
    Caleb Taylor, another rumoured on here over a period of time, has also joined Bolton. On loan.

Disappointing to be losing out but encouraged that the players we are after, they’re well regarded by other clubs that should be at the level of.

The only way we get to that level is by continuing to target the Taylors and Collins and convincing them that Charlton is the place to be.

Difficult right now but that’s what we have to start doing. It worked with Coventry.
  • Melrose said:
    Bolton and Portsmoth have put us to shame. Bought quality players, not the old tat that Scott has bought in. He needs to do something in the remaining window time. My guess is that the owners have lost faith in him (A.S) and that no money will now be available to him  if that's the case, then Andy Scott, be very afraid
    Unfortunately we’re not going to be able to compete with those clubs at the top end of the league. That’s not Scott’s fault (with reference to this window alone). 
  • It’s shaping up to be the finale I can get behind, with talk of this Watford bloke with fitness issues who might not be able to play until April.  
  • I never feel encouraged by us going after a player that we don't get. 
  • edited February 1
    IanJRO said:
    Impressed by Bolton, they've built really well over the years, and now they're in a good position for autos, they're pushing out to try and secure it. 

Truly envious at the likes of them and Ipswich over the years.
    And Bolton were in League Two not so long ago. Shows what can be done with some stability and continuous improvement. We can but dream!
    That stability was made possible by Eddie Davis writing off £200mil of debt that they were into him for….
    Yeah to clarify what Bolton did doesn't sit right with me, but I do admire how smart they have been in building their squad, rightly or wrongly..