Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• Scoham said:
    Weird one.

Hasn't been great at Gillingham has he?

So basically did badly in L1, got released, did badly in L2... L1 club sign him.
  • Siesta time. Expecting some top signings by the time I wake up. 😬
  • pettgra said:
    My Millwall mate told me not to worry about the transfer window. Apparently they have signed a player who they can’t use yet because he is too fat. He said you cannot make it up.
    Peter Garland 
  • pettgra said:
    My Millwall mate told me not to worry about the transfer window. Apparently they have signed a player who they can’t use yet because he is too fat. He said you cannot make it up.
    I used to play a lot of golf with the son of a well known 50s/60s footballer. He told me that Brighton signed his Dad from Spurs only to find, on his first day of training, that he weighed inat 17.5 stone.
  • Scoham said:
    Weird one.

So basically did badly in L1, got released, did badly in L2... L1 club sign him.
    Cambridge as desperate & looking around for a striker....any striker.

A bit like us when we signed Josh Parker and then Hemed the following year. 
  • Scoham said:
    Weird one.

Cambridge as desperate & looking around for a striker....any striker.

A bit like us when we signed Josh Parker and then Hemed the following year. 

Doing their best to keep us up with the crap strikers they have signed this window.
  • cabbles said:
    If McGrandles goes, what a great example of how piss poor our recruitment has been over the last few years.  Take your pick, Payne, O’Connell, Stockley, Mansfield, Fraser, Gilbey, Kirk, the list goes on and on….it’s speaks volumes as to why we are where we are today 
    O’Connell was decent and only left because we got a ridiculously high offer for him. Payne, Gilbey, Stockley, Fraser, and Kirk were all good signings at the time.
    That’s the point though, good signings at the time that have gone on to flop or under deliver.  It’s been shocking, with very few decent examples to look to, and it’s been consistently bad for a number of years.  We have such a low bar that we now think someone like Payne was a good signing at the time.  A good transfer policy is building for the long term.  Where’s our Mark Kinsella’s, John Robinson’s etc.  

everything has been built on sand and I can only think of Dobson as seeing out 3 plus seasons.  
  • Sponsored links:

• We signed Kaolin Poultice. He's straight off to the treatment room
  • If you ever need an example of just how much our club is underperforming it is clubs ABOVE US in the league signing Macaulay f***ing Bonne 

Best Regards

Moe Nee
    Sidcup 
    When did Bonne get the same nickname as Roger Johnson?
  • Scoham said:
    Weird one.

If Heineken did football agents .. his agent can sell sand to the Arabs 
  • cabbles said:
    cabbles said:
    If McGrandles goes, what a great example of how piss poor our recruitment has been over the last few years.  Take your pick, Payne, O’Connell, Stockley, Mansfield, Fraser, Gilbey, Kirk, the list goes on and on….it’s speaks volumes as to why we are where we are today 
    O’Connell was decent and only left because we got a ridiculously high offer for him. Payne, Gilbey, Stockley, Fraser, and Kirk were all good signings at the time.
    That’s the point though, good signings at the time that have gone on to flop or under deliver.  It’s been shocking, with very few decent examples to look to, and it’s been consistently bad for a number of years.  We have such a low bar that we now think someone like Payne was a good signing at the time.  A good transfer policy is building for the long term.  Where’s our Mark Kinsella’s, John Robinson’s etc.  

everything has been built on sand and I can only think of Dobson as seeing out 3 plus seasons.  
    Don’t speak too soon.
  • Can't wait for us to get relegated away to Cambridge. Taylor and Bonne to put the final nail in...
  • PWADDICK said:

A rumour!
    Surely you don’t believe that 
  • edited February 1
    PWADDICK said:

A rumour!
    And an exciting one if true but probably unlikely.
  • Sponsored links:

• Very weird deadline day for us as there’s no rumours and even Rich Cawley don’t know anything but still feels like we could sign a couple random ones ( hopefully ).
  • That is one of those deals that only happen on FM or Fifa. 
  • PWADDICK said:

A rumour!
    No option to buy! Andy Scott you're useless!!!!
  • Sambcafc said:
    PWADDICK said:

A rumour!
    Surely you don’t believe that 
    ...Mmm, don't know...it does have the magic word "struggling" so could well be...🙄
  • MarcusH26 said:
    I don’t think many will be be happy if that’s all there is , me included and if it’s because we havnt got a manager then it’s amature hour as it all should have been sorted by now!