Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• ross1 said:
    Cawley says McGrandles could be leaving 
    Cambridge ? 
  • ross1 said:
    Surely not - he's been a shining light for us for the last 2 years !!!!
  • edited February 1
  • Forgot we still had him! 
  • God I’d love even a sniff of a rumour 
  • McGrandles, another one along with Kirk, Fraser, Jaiyesimi etc who were too injured or too  weak to make any memorable impact and live up to expectations.  Exactly the type we need off the wage bill.  
  • RedChaser said:
    Bailey said:
    supaclive said:
    ross1 said:
    Surely not - he's been a shining light for us for the last 2 years !!!!
    McCandles !
    If he he gets the number 4 shirt that’d make him Forkhandles 😉
    He'd do well alongside Steve Wicks 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 1
    Swisdom said:
    CAFCDAZ said:
    Solidgone said:
    Does anyone know whether we’ve also been looking/scouting for players from the European leagues?
    Well unless there has been a dramatic change, no. We didn't during Gallens reign look outside of England
    Very hard to look overseas under much of Gallen’s reign owing to work permit rules.  It changes last year so we can look now.
    we were looking at an Australian striker in the summer but his new parent club wanted him to go elsewhere in France on loan as they want to make a fortune on him. Shame, lot of potential
    Mohamed Toure? Doesn't look like it was the best move for him as he's only played 141 minutes so far.
  • Does this mean we could still be in for a last minute deal for JCH?
  • Our temporary manager is probably worried about who the next manager is as he could be out of a job should the new incumbent bring in his own staff. Pearce will just returns to the youngsters. 
  • McGrandles, another one along with Kirk, Fraser, Jaiyesimi etc who were too injured or too  weak to make any memorable impact and live up to expectations.  Exactly the type we need off the wage bill.  
    It seems that many players we sign don't see out their contract, with the vast majority being sold or loaned out. Not many are actually "bought" by another club. CGT and Burstow being about the only ones since Duchatelet sold up. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Pompey sign the oft mentioned Owen Moxon from Carlisle. 
    His name always makes me think "oxymoron".  

Charlton Athletic is another Oxymoron with the limited battery life of so many of our players. I don't include road runner George Dobson.

John Robinson and Mark Kinsella, we miss your energy and skill.

Bittersweet remembering the golden years and the deafening silence of the present day. SMT are clearly confused on the way to go 🤷🏻‍♂️

• TeeC said:
    McGrandles, another one along with Kirk, Fraser, Jaiyesimi etc who were too injured or too  weak to make any memorable impact and live up to expectations.  Exactly the type we need off the wage bill.  
    It seems that many players we sign don't see out their contract, with the vast majority being sold or loaned out. Not many are actually "bought" by another club. CGT and Burstow being about the only ones since Duchatelet sold up. 
    He was a liability anyway 

Didn’t have to tax your brain over that one mate, HMRC? 😉.
  • Once the fog clears later today we will need to have a new creative midfielder, a 10, and a leader in defence (which may be Gillesphey but who knows).

Withour both of those we are really going to struggle.
  • I think we have 9 central midfielders on the books. Fraser is now out on loan but with Taylor slowly returning and Camara getting closer we will reach a point where we're overloaded in that area (until the inevitable injuries come). It's a shame that McGrandles got injured again as he'd just started to have a bit of a run in the team and looked tidy enough. Bizarrely including the banter cup and Cray Valley he would finish this season with us with 2 goals and 1 assist in 7 games which really isn't bad for a deep midfielder. He saved us that point against Pompey on his return and started in the last league match we actually won. If he is going I hope it's a loan as he won't have a lot of these midfielders next season so selling him might be a bit premature.
  • Sponsored links:

• Early in the window I was very encouraged by the signings made and thought that we would see two or three more of similar quality. Since then we’ve had zip and lost out perhaps not surprisingly on Collins. Ten hours to change that around and we don’t even have any whispers of who we might be talking to. The best I’m expecting now are a couple of loans of no great standing. We’ve a tough lot of fixtures coming up and the squad is still unbalanced and lacking in confidence with no manager. I don’t see us getting relegated but I’m getting very nervous over the real possibility. 
    They have more forwards than we have Midfielders don’t they? 😂
    A whole midfield right there. Says everything about our recruitment.
    They have more forwards than we have Midfielders don’t they? 😂
    They could do with some defenders. Tozer and O’Connell probably the slowest centre back pairing in the league. Granted it was against a Championship team but they were embarrassing against Blackburn. 
  • Swisdom said:
    CAFCDAZ said:
    Solidgone said:
    Does anyone know whether we’ve also been looking/scouting for players from the European leagues?
    Well unless there has been a dramatic change, no. We didn't during Gallens reign look outside of England
    Very hard to look overseas under much of Gallen’s reign owing to work permit rules.  It changes last year so we can look now.
    we were looking at an Australian striker in the summer but his new parent club wanted him to go elsewhere in France on loan as they want to make a fortune on him. Shame, lot of potential
    He was so constrained they didn't even look at players is Scotland and Ireland. Crazy really, I just hope now there are a few more scouts and a better budget for them to get players required.
  • Scoham said:
    Bonne and Taylor.
    Our two favourite ex-strikers.  :D