Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• May be a bit behind but has there been any sign from the club that we will be looking to make more signings?
  • Sponsored links:

• a day of random last minute loan signings it is then
  • Any speculation and waffle rumours?
  • If we don’t sign a player that replicates the directness in attack of CBT then we’ll be in trouble. The signings earlier in the window look decent, but I fear without the goals/assists CBT brought in the first half of the season we won’t be able to get the points we need in this second half to steer us clear of the drop. 
  • Hopefully Hayden Mullins will get over the line by the close of window. 27th time lucky.
  • Dobbo signing a new contract and a new RWB/RM option would do me and should prove enough to stay up. That is all we are looking at now for this season, while the newer players with potential Coventry, REG, Gillesphy will all have a chance to properly settle in ahead of a proper go for it next season (if we continue to invest in the summer…). 
  • Is Kirk still a free agent ?
    Why - are we re-signing him?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 1
    supaclive said:
    Swisdom said:
    supaclive said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Average number of signings in L1 is about 2.7, with 7 new faces (6 outfield) I don't think we can complain too much. 

We can, because we are down the bottom, have "loaned" out our most influential player in terms of outlet and pace, have signed players who still haven't done any better than nicking us a 1-1 draw away to the mighty Blackpool and see us sitting precariously above the drop zone

So.  Sadly.   We can complain and should !

Oh and 7 in and 7 out.   So basically we've signed ZERO players... or just replaced a load of shit we bought and loaned in - a significant amount by Andy Scott who presides over our search for other players to get him and us out of the mess they were partly responsible for creating and sacking two managers he was responsible for bringing in/part of the team bringing in

I can't give them a ringing endorsement right now!
    To be clear CBT made it clear he wasn't going to sign and refused to play for us - he was not injured.  We had to get him off the books. 

Whilst he was exciting going forward he literally did NOTHING defensively.  We became far too predictable with him in the team.  Yes we've lost an outlet ball but seeing as most teams double marked him he wasn't as effective towards the end of his time with us because our manager couldn't see that this would leave fucking great big spaces elsewhere.

Since he's gone we've not won a game.   We can all have opinions and on paper the changes we are making are for the better, but if we ultimately go down, "selling" CBT will have been bad business and "selling" him to a club that really it's a loan, but we've allowed him to play against us twice in the next 30 days is madness too!

Utter madness.

The run of games of not winning before he left was a lot longer than the run of games of not winning since he went. He hasn’t played against us twice. Depending upon which CBT turns up he will probably have half a game against us Saturday with the jury then out as to whether they risk him against us later in the month. 
  • supaclive said:
    Swisdom said:
    supaclive said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Average number of signings in L1 is about 2.7, with 7 new faces (6 outfield) I don't think we can complain too much. 

We can, because we are down the bottom, have "loaned" out our most influential player in terms of outlet and pace, have signed players who still haven't done any better than nicking us a 1-1 draw away to the mighty Blackpool and see us sitting precariously above the drop zone

Oh and 7 in and 7 out.   So basically we've signed ZERO players... or just replaced a load of shit we bought and loaned in - a significant amount by Andy Scott who presides over our search for other players to get him and us out of the mess they were partly responsible for creating and sacking two managers he was responsible for bringing in/part of the team bringing in

To be clear CBT made it clear he wasn't going to sign and refused to play for us - he was not injured.  We had to get him off the books. 

Whilst he was exciting going forward he literally did NOTHING defensively.  We became far too predictable with him in the team.  Yes we've lost an outlet ball but seeing as most teams double marked him he wasn't as effective towards the end of his time with us because our manager couldn't see that this would leave fucking great big spaces elsewhere.

Since he's gone we've not won a game.   We can all have opinions and on paper the changes we are making are for the better, but if we ultimately go down, "selling" CBT will have been bad business and "selling" him to a club that really it's a loan, but we've allowed him to play against us twice in the next 30 days is madness too!

Utter madness.
    Supaclive, since the loss of Leaburn and Chuks we haven't won too many games with or without CBT. 
  • BigDiddy said:
    Is Kirk still a free agent ?
    Why - are we re-signing him?
    Whooosh🤭
  • Swisdom said:
    supaclive said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Has this improved since? 
  • Cawley must have read my post 👋🏻 Confirms the better players with other clubs interested want to know who the manager will be.
  • 12 hours to go...