Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• Interesting that I thought we went into this window feeling short on numbers available, yet so far we are maintaining a 7 in, 7 out balance. 
  • Interesting that I thought we went into this window feeling short on numbers available, yet so far we are maintaining a 7 in, 7 out balance. 
    A lot of that probably has to do with the amount of injuries we had though with quite a few coming back now, I definitely think we’re coming out of the window a lot stronger but the balance still isn’t quite right so I’m hoping that gets sorted tomorow.
  • Swisdom said:
    Somewhere in the dark recess of the National Leauge North, is a lad working where out Charlton is and does he want to come……. 

Only a rumour….
    CCC?

Are we looking at him? Assume you mean Chris Conn Clarke at Altrincham. Looks a prospect
  • Yann897 said:
    Interesting that I thought we went into this window feeling short on numbers available, yet so far we are maintaining a 7 in, 7 out balance. 
    A lot of that probably has to do with the amount of injuries we had though with quite a few coming back now, I definitely think we’re coming out of the window a lot stronger but the balance still isn’t quite right so I’m hoping that gets sorted tomorow.
    Are we? Istead is back, but Hector is now injured. Taylor, McGrandles, Leaburn, Camara, Aneke still haven’t returned. It doesn’t feel any better personally to me yet, particularly as most of these new arrivals haven’t looked match fit. 
  • Swisdom said:
    Somewhere in the dark recess of the National Leauge North, is a lad working where out Charlton is and does he want to come……. 

Only a rumour….
    CCC?

Are we looking at him? Assume you mean Chris Conn Clarke at Altrincham. Looks a prospect
    Hope we are but he plays in the national league not the national league north.
  • Swisdom said:

Only a rumour….
    CCC?

CCC would be one hell of a signing. Very very Peterborough esque type move. 
  • His face isn’t giving much away but you can tell he’s excited…

Yeh that's great Fraser!  Now, there's a 3 litre pot of emulsion over there, the bogs won't get painted on their own laddie!
  • edited January 31
    His face isn’t giving much away but you can tell he’s excited…

Yeh that's great Fraser!  Now, there's a 3 litre pot of emulsion over there, the bogs won't get painted on their own laddie!
    See he's packed his own Roller...🙄
  • Sponsored links:

fckn great, my Scottish club.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Swisdom said:

Only a rumour….
    CCC?

Sorry but why would he be ‘one hell of a signing’? Maybe you have seen him play a number of times and if so fair enough but from most fans point of view I’d say he’d be ‘one hell of a punt’.
  • Fraser has been disappointing, shame it's not permanent as he'll be another one we will have to loan out again next season 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Swisdom said:

Only a rumour….
    CCC?

Sorry but why would he be ‘one hell of a signing’? Maybe you have seen him play a number of times and if so fair enough but from most fans point of view I’d say he’d be ‘one hell of a punt’.

Seen bits and pieces of him - scores a lot of free kicks, I'd love to see us take more gambles on non League talent , there's a lot of players out there in the National League and National League South/North that could make the step up and wouldn't cost silly fees. 

Mine too and I have no firm idea why? I can only assume it is because I picked up on the jam tarts nickname and I was a greedy little fcuker with a very sweet tooth as a kid 🤷‍♂️
  • edited January 31
    His face isn’t giving much away but you can tell he’s excited…

Mine too and I have no firm idea why? I can only assume it is because I picked up on the jam tarts nickname and I was a greedy little fcuker with a very sweet tooth as a kid 🤷‍♂️
    As good a reason as any. More banally i lived for a time close to their stadium. Same reason i support another no hoper club...Charlton.
  • Yann897 said:
    Interesting that I thought we went into this window feeling short on numbers available, yet so far we are maintaining a 7 in, 7 out balance. 
    Are we? Istead is back, but Hector is now injured. Taylor, McGrandles, Leaburn, Camara, Aneke still haven’t returned. It doesn’t feel any better personally to me yet, particularly as most of these new arrivals haven’t looked match fit. 
    I’d say so as 4 of those 5 players are back training and imagine a few of them will be in the squad within the next couple games. Our bench has been looking a lot stronger and that’s without those players coming back. ( but I’d still like another 2/3 )
  • Charlton are working on 3 signings one close , one a loan not sure about the other 
    Cheers Dubai 
  • Who is CCC? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Dizzle said:
    Who is CCC? 

Chris Conn-Clarke , attacking midfielder from Altrincham. Scored 15 this season in the National League. Not sure if it's a legit rumour or not. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Dizzle said:
    Who is CCC? 

Chris Conn-Clarke , attacking midfielder from Altrincham. Scored 15 this season in the National League. Not sure if it's a legit rumour or not. 
    Cheers 👊🏼
  • Our race is run this season.The players available with the right management don’t get relegated let’s get a new gaffer in and work on next seasons targets. I don’t see topping up with more short term is of benefit. If they were signings yes
  •  I just hope we have enough quality to avoid relegation.  I’m not sure we do at the moment.  It could be skin of our teeth type stuff 
  • We're definitely short in attacking areas.

2 fit senior strikers plus a kid as backup and Chuks who can only be a supersub really. No creative No 10, and neither of the wingbacks are of the same level in attack as Maatsen or Dasilva.
  • Leuth said:
    cabbles said:
     I just hope we have enough quality to avoid relegation.  I’m not sure we do at the moment.  It could be skin of our teeth type stuff 
    I mean we obviously have enough quality, the only question is whether it can be adequately wrangled 
    As it stands, we need 19 pts minimum from 17 games.  We currently have 29pts from 31 games.  It will be extremely tight.  We have a tough run of games now that could potentially see us winless going on 3 months.  

At some point you do have to question if we have the quality.  We have no idea if the moves we’ve made in the Jan window will be enough.  We should do it.  I look at Coventry, May, Dobson, Ladapo once he gets up to match fitness, they’re 4 decent players, certainly at this level.  We hope Gillesphrey makes a difference and the Huddersfield chap.  I would say the wrangling of it all is a factor, but we’ve still got to see if they’ve really got what it takes 
  • I think we’ll stay up without too much trouble, assuming they don’t appoint Appleton mk2 as the new manager. 
    If you’re really worried though, we’re 9/1 to go down, so you could always buy some despair insurance. 
  • Yann897 said:
    That’s the downside of buying in the January window; if they were playing regularly, then their clubs would be less likely to want sell them, let alone loan them.