Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• deadline day tomorrow and no rumours at all, going to be really surprised if we pull anything out of the hat at the 11th hour.
    I'm hoping they have a few loans lined up as a minimum...and it's the 23rd hour!
  • Fraser confirmed gone to Hearts 
  • Gillesphey, REG and Coventry on permanent deals by themselves constitute the best January window we’ve had in a while.

Ladapo, Bakinson and Fiorini are also step ups from Tedic, Chem and Abankwah on the loan front.

If we make another move or two, that’s good because we still need it. At the same time, I’m not personally expecting much. Can’t forget that we’ve been one of the busiest in our division already. It’s not like most January windows where we’ve only got 1 or 2 in.
    True but we still look an absolute fucking mess on the pitch. Ladapo & Fiorini look like passengers "at the moment". I doubt any game changer is going to be signed now & with the fixture list in the next few weeks I can see us being in the bottom 4 come March. Just hope I'm wrong. 
  • edited January 31
    Gillesphey, REG and Coventry on permanent deals by themselves constitute the best January window we’ve had in a while.

Ladapo, Bakinson and Fiorini are also step ups from Tedic, Chem and Abankwah on the loan front.

If we make another move or two, that’s good because we still need it. At the same time, I’m not personally expecting much. Can’t forget that we’ve been one of the busiest in our division already. It’s not like most January windows where we’ve only got 1 or 2 in.
    I agree with this pretty much Callum but I’d add that we’ve been one of the busiest teams, as our squad has been woeful and we are facing L2 football next season. Change was needed as is the arrival of a few more players of quality hopefully.
  • edited January 31
    Gillesphey, REG and Coventry on permanent deals by themselves constitute the best January window we’ve had in a while.

Ever the optimist and ignoring the loans of of CBT & Fraser.
    There's optimism and being totally one-eyed which isn't the same.
  • Fraser gone on loan to Hearts will free up some of his wages and hopefully will be at least one in one out 🤞.
  • Sponsored links:

• One minute there are too many leaks from the board and it's unprofessional, now there are no rumours and everyone is shitting their pants. 
    I haven’t shit my p…oh hang on, gotta run!
  • edited January 31
    *and back in the treatment room come Monday
    He will be used mainly for impact of the bench 
    You any good at Managing Ronnie...there's a vacancy...🙄
    Done other 10 years grass roots football .. Kingfisher , United FC and Eltham Lions 
    What colour trousers do you wear ? Charlton managers traditional colour ends up as brown.
  • edited January 31
    Fraser gone.

I hope that all his wages are off our books. He wanted the move so if Hearts could o only afford part he should forgo the rest to make it happen.

I also assume this means we have an attacking CM on the way in to replace him.  In Fiorini and L Watson we already have the L1 average players; in Williams and Adigun we already have the academy players.  Therefore one can only assume this will be another of the elite arriving on a permanent deal where we beat off top L1 and Championship clubs to a player.

Exciting times.

• Gillesphey, REG and Coventry on permanent deals by themselves constitute the best January window we’ve had in a while.

I'd wait another month or so before declaring those 3 permanent deals as a success. And of the 3 loan deals, Fiorini has not played this season & along with Ladapo will need some playing time before they are up to speed. 

From what I've seen, and I know it's been limited, only Bakinson has really made any real difference to the team. 

They are far from Andy Scott's utterances of players being brought in being "up to speed" and ready to go. 
    To be honest I find hard to judge the new players at all, because they came into a squad managed by Michael Appleton, fearful and absolutely bereft of confidence.

Im hoping whoever comes in can take the shackles off a bit, alongside just drilling in getting those basics right. We have been stuck in a rut for so long, it feels like it will take something special to sort it out. 
  • Fraser gone.

I hope that all his wages are off our books. He wanted the move so if Hearts could o only afford part he should forgo the rest to make it happen.

I also hope this means we have an attacking CM on the way in, losing Fraser and CBT and not replacing them (except an unfit Fiorini) would not be clever.

Indeed a busy day tomorrow you imagine.

I assume that while Collins may be the primary target, we will have other alternatives, including the 2024 version of a Matt Smith type loanee...
  • Why are we wetting our pants over a comment from Ronnie, i would be shocked if the fitness of Chuks has any bearing on our transfer policy over the next 48 hours.
    Thought it had been too long without a bed wetting or pants wetting analogy. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Scott Fraser will be like a new signing when he comes back. 
    What a summer it will be when DJ, Jack Payne & Fraser all return!
    You'll be disappointed to know that DJ and Payne are out of Contract at the end of June
  • One minute there are too many leaks from the board and it's unprofessional, now there are no rumours and everyone is shitting their pants. 
    Not just wetting our pants, but simultaneously shitting them too now. 
  • Somewhere in the dark recess of the National Leauge North, is a lad working where out Charlton is and does he want to come……. 

Only a rumour….
  • Somewhere in the dark recess of the National Leauge North, is a lad working where out Charlton is and does he want to come……. 

Only a rumour….
    CCC?
    I’m not.