Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• Swisdom said:
    Somewhere in the dark recess of the National Leauge North, is a lad working where out Charlton is and does he want to come……. 

Only a rumour….
    CCC?

Are we looking at him? Assume you mean Chris Conn Clarke at Altrincham. Looks a prospect
    I’ve heard KKK?
  • cabbles said:
    Leuth said:
    cabbles said:
     I just hope we have enough quality to avoid relegation.  I’m not sure we do at the moment.  It could be skin of our teeth type stuff 
    I mean we obviously have enough quality, the only question is whether it can be adequately wrangled 
    As it stands, we need 19 pts minimum from 17 games.  We currently have 29pts from 31 games.  It will be extremely tight.  We have a tough run of games now that could potentially see us winless going on 3 months.  

At some point you do have to question if we have the quality.  We have no idea if the moves we’ve made in the Jan window will be enough.  We should do it.  I look at Coventry, May, Dobson, Ladapo once he gets up to match fitness, they’re 4 decent players, certainly at this level.  We hope Gillesphrey makes a difference and the Huddersfield chap.  I would say the wrangling of it all is a factor, but we’ve still got to see if they’ve really got what it takes 
    We have 31 points from 29 games.
  • cabbles said:
    Leuth said:
    cabbles said:
     I just hope we have enough quality to avoid relegation.  I’m not sure we do at the moment.  It could be skin of our teeth type stuff 
    I mean we obviously have enough quality, the only question is whether it can be adequately wrangled 
    As it stands, we need 19 pts minimum from 17 games.  We currently have 29pts from 31 games.  It will be extremely tight.  We have a tough run of games now that could potentially see us winless going on 3 months.  

At some point you do have to question if we have the quality.  We have no idea if the moves we’ve made in the Jan window will be enough.  We should do it.  I look at Coventry, May, Dobson, Ladapo once he gets up to match fitness, they’re 4 decent players, certainly at this level.  We hope Gillesphrey makes a difference and the Huddersfield chap.  I would say the wrangling of it all is a factor, but we’ve still got to see if they’ve really got what it takes 
    Which on PPG would have us in the bottom 4 if Reading hadn’t been deducted points 
  • Swisdom said:
    Somewhere in the dark recess of the National Leauge North, is a lad working where out Charlton is and does he want to come……. 

Only a rumour….
    CCC?

Are we looking at him? Assume you mean Chris Conn Clarke at Altrincham. Looks a prospect
    I’ve heard KKK?
    Nah they went to Fulham the other day:

What's that about?
  • NabySarr said:
    cabbles said:
    Leuth said:
    cabbles said:

Which on PPG would have us in the bottom 4 if Reading hadn’t been deducted points 
    *fully deservedly deducted points* btw
  • Swisdom said:

Only a rumour….
    CCC?

I’ve heard KKK?

What's that about?
    Don't like sharing a Mail link but can't see a decent explanation elsewhere! 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-13002869/Fans-point-unfortunate-resemblance-flags-handed-Fulham-fans-Carabao-Cup-semi-final-against-Liverpool-hoods-American-white-supremacist-group-Ku-Klux-Klan.html
  • Swisdom said:

Only a rumour….
    CCC?

I’ve heard KKK?

What's that about?
    Feck don"t let the stripey twats see that, they latch onto anything...
  • cabbles said:
    Leuth said:
    cabbles said:

My mistake.  
  • edited January 31
  • Sponsored links:

• NabySarr said:
    cabbles said:
    Leuth said:
    cabbles said:

Except they have been deducted points in a table sorted by points.
  • fenaddick said:
    Three or four of this window's signings came in without much news leaking beforehand or at least only a few hours before.

So I still expect/hope some more players will be coming in.

What's JFH up to?

Will Collins come?

Has Jones suggested a name or two?

Is there a prem league kid waiting to be the next JRS or Gallagher?

Presume you mean JCH?
    No, JFH is coming out of retirement. He's got unfinished business like Bonne
    No, last I heard they couldn’t find a pair of shorts big enough for him.
  • Speaking of NL what happens to the Bromley lad, did he get a champ move?
  • edited February 1
    LTKapal said:
    Speaking of NL what happens to the Bromley lad, did he get a champ move?
    Signed for Brentford and loaned back to Bromley for the rest of the season.

Irony is that he was released by us three years ago at 16 after being with our academy for seven years.
  • cabbles said:
    Relegation not an issue 
    You sure?
  • LTKapal said:
    Speaking of NL what happens to the Bromley lad, did he get a champ move?
    Signed for Brentford and loaned back to Bromley for the rest of the season.

Irony is that he was released by us three years ago at 16 after being with our academy for seven years.
    Yeah he’d of been sold off by now anyway or injured. Shame as I’ve heard he is a good player. 
  • Hopefully the money we have been offering around for JCH & Collins which surely has been boosted by flogging CBT early will get spent today. 

Would give the entire club a lift if we bring in a last minute promotion quality signing on a permanent. 
  • cabbles said:
    Relegation not an issue 
    Anyone got a bit of chalk I can borrow 
  • Sponsored links:

• cabbles said:
    Relegation not an issue 
    When will you wake up and smell the coffee??
    I'm sure you're posting this nonsense just for a reaction....you get some very strange 'kicks' out of your life!! 
  • So no rumours then 
  • cabbles said:
    cabbles said:
    Leuth said:
    cabbles said:

My mistake.  
    Don't be so hard on yourself, there's been 17 years of mismanagement as well.
  • cabbles said:
    Relegation not an issue 
    Phew!
  • Collins to Bolton is done apparently - so wonder who we are getting instead? It would be criminal to have no creative 10 signed, now that Fraser has gone - the whole 3-5-2 working hinges on this, in my opinion 
  • edited February 1
    I feel like the Collins transfer is the same situation as that first summer window under Sandgaard, aiming far too high for our current position and then inevitably losing out on our target to a more attractive option and being left with nothing or scrambling in the bargain bin