Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    The little word ‘talks’ is beautifully ambiguous.
    I had talks with the neighbours cat this morning.

Is that lucky ? He must be getting on a bit now.  :D  
    I loved Lucky.
    With unambiguous respect to T_C_E and his truly beautiful wondrous dogs, I do think Charlton Life doesn’t feature enough pictures of our cats.

Lucky would have asked for a transfer if Bow had been around in those days. 😉
    I remember visiting in the sandgaard days, while signing in and unbeknownst to me a cat had wandered into the car park. 
    Followed by various staff wanted to meet him I released him from the boot of the car only to see him pursue this cat across the car park. 
    Word is the cat only slowed down after being caught in congestion at the tunnel.  🤷‍♂️
  • Don’t get the Collins hype, he’s been rubbish this season
    2nd in the league for assists. Feed May and we are laughing
    I stand corrected, I hadn't noticed he was so high. I'm only going off what Rovers fans have been saying all season, they seem pretty happy to get rid of him. 

Twitter is full of the usual comments of "I'll drive him there" etc. 
  • *and back in the treatment room come Monday
    He will be used mainly for impact of the bench 
    You any good at Managing Ronnie...there's a vacancy...🙄
    Done other 10 years grass roots football .. Kingfisher , United FC and Eltham Lions 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    I reckon 2 or 3 out 3 in

Out Fraser and Anderson. And maybe McGrandles

Full back, winger and CB. 
    Our entire squad is set up for 3-5-2/3-4-1-2 now, why would we sign a winger and not a number 10?!
    To give what ever manager comes in a bit of flexibility.. 
    So carrying on with our policy of having a squad that isn't really set up to play any system well?

Done other 10 years grass roots football .. Kingfisher , Man United FC and Eltham Lions 
    Really Ronnie, great pedigree, no doubt you taught Alex everything he knows.
    Done other 10 years grass roots football .. Kingfisher , United FC and Eltham Lions 
    overqualified 
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:
    I caught a cat sneaking in to the Valley earlier this season without a ticket.

Probably heading in to take a shit in Appletons jacket pockets
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Paying for a new set of overalls and set of brushes?
  • Don’t get the Collins hype, he’s been rubbish this season
    2nd in the league for assists. Feed May and we are laughing
    I stand corrected, I hadn't noticed he was so high. I'm only going off what Rovers fans have been saying all season, they seem pretty happy to get rid of him. 

Twitter is full of the usual comments of "I'll drive him there" etc. 
    Ignore Twitter. So much drivel, much of it written by people who don’t even watch the matches. 
  • Gillis said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    I reckon 2 or 3 out 3 in

Our entire squad is set up for 3-5-2/3-4-1-2 now, why would we sign a winger and not a number 10?!
    So carrying on with our policy of having a squad that isn't really set up to play any system well?

What system? We don’t have a manager currently.. and games we have played 3/5/2 we have changed shape and personnel to try and change the game.
    must have flexibility 
  • Bilko said:
    seth plum said:
    If our club policy is pivoting on the fitness of Chucks we’re f***ed.
    This is the problem, you can’t set your stall out for the season thinking that Chuks and Camera will play majority of the games, it just won’t happen.
    Bit harsh on Camara
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Gillis said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    I reckon 2 or 3 out 3 in

What system? We don’t have a manager currently.. and games we have played 3/5/2 we have changed shape and personnel to try and change the game.
    must have flexibility 
    I thought we recruit players to play a system then whatever manager you employ you employ one that also plays that season otherwise each time you have to have a squad churn. Agree there has to be some in game flexibility if it isn’t working in a particular game, something Appleton didn’t recognise often enough.
  • Surprisingly quiet day for transfers...so far.
  • I prefer flexibility rather then one and only formation but I thought the reason for letting CBT go early despite us being in a relegation scrap was because we were no longer playing with wingers. 
  • Macronate said:
    seth plum said:
    I caught a cat sneaking in to the Valley earlier this season without a ticket.

That's Ben Purr-ington making a return.
    Nah, he's only got one eye!
  • Sponsored links:

• DubaiCAFC said:
    Gillis said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    I reckon 2 or 3 out 3 in

must have flexibility 
    Point is we do not have  10 to play 352, that should be the priority.
  • So, still no rumours?
  • I live in St John’s Wood, if anyone’s interested.
    Do you pass the height test, if so you are in!!
    5'11.5 will that do?
    Dinner for 2?
  • So, still no rumours?
    I've heard a rumour, there are no rumours...might just be a rumour though...🤔
  • Rudders22 said:
    I live in St John’s Wood, if anyone’s interested.
    5'11.5 will that do?
    Dinner for 2?
    You paying, if yes, you’re on!
  • JamesSeed said:
    Any rumours of signing a half decent striker?
    Don’t think we will get a striker now Aneke could be on the bench weekend 
    Haven't seen any pictures of him training.

if you do Frame it
  • Rudders22 said:
    I live in St John’s Wood, if anyone’s interested.
    5'11.5 will that do?
    Dinner for 2?
    You paying, if yes, you’re on!
    You flirt...🙄
  • ValleyBen said:
    I prefer flexibility rather than one and only formation but I thought the reason for letting CBT go early despite us being in a relegation scrap was because we were no longer playing with wingers. 
    I may be wrong here, but wasn’t it the case that he wanted to leave for family reasons, and to be closer to getting out of this god awful league, and once a player wants to go it’s no use hanging on to them?
  • deadline day tomorrow and no rumours at all, going to be really surprised if we pull anything out of the hat at the 11th hour.