Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    I reckon 2 or 3 out 3 in

Out Fraser and Anderson. And maybe McGrandles

Full back, winger and CB. 
    Our entire squad is set up for 3-5-2/3-4-1-2 now, why would we sign a winger and not a number 10?!
    To give what ever manager comes in a bit of flexibility.. 
    if we sign a winger it’s either for the bench if we’re playing 352 or we have to play Campbell or May on one side and I don’t fancy that . Doesn’t really make sense that. 
  • Owen Dale signing for Oxford according to Peter O'Rourke 
    Great signing. I rate him. 
  • I'd still like to see Azeez sign for us from
    Reading. 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    I reckon 2 or 3 out 3 in

Whats the point of one winger when we are playing 352. It is a 10 we need.
  • seth plum said:
    The little word ‘talks’ is beautifully ambiguous.
    I had talks with the neighbours cat this morning.

Is it Ronnie Moore's cat, Seth?

• edited January 31
    *and back in the treatment room come Monday
    He will be used mainly for impact of the bench 
    Eh ? You mean he's going to run into the bench 

Edit. Damn, late to the party, beaten to the punch again :-(
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    I reckon 2 or 3 out 3 in

Bring on the boy with the broken leg!!! 
  • Isn't it clear by now with CBT deciding to play a Derby every week that we need a forward with the skill and ability to play wide and central and not just be a winger.
    Do we have the Wing backs with the ability to get up and down and cross the ball to a decent standard ?
    3-5-2 can look great when it works but a team lacking confidence and to find their shape in transition it can be a dangerous numbers game.

A skilled coach is mandatory with very good communication skills.

• Sponsored links:

• fenaddick said:
    @Braziliance favourite Owen Moxon appears to be off to Pompey
    Weird one this season Owen Moxon. Isn't hitting the numbers he did in league 2, which is understandable, but he appears to have fallen out of favour with Carlisle fans.

I think a part of that is because he has wanted to move/their fans know he is going so he's form has dipped a bit and he's lost a bit of good will.

Pompey is a big move for him and I think on paper, it's a really decent signing. 
  • seth plum said:

Is that lucky ? He must be getting on a bit now.  :D  
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    I reckon 2 or 3 out 3 in

Our entire squad is set up for 3-5-2/3-4-1-2 now, why would we sign a winger and not a number 10?!
    The plan is... There is no plan. 
  • With the magnificent 7 signings through the door and likely 7 out, if you include Fraser's loan move it been a massive upgrade on paper. Perhaps just a little improvement needed as we were weak squad wise relying on the accademy lads 
  • fenaddick said:
    @Braziliance favourite Owen Moxon appears to be off to Pompey
    Weird one this season Owen Moxon. Isn't hitting the numbers he did in league 2, which is understandable, but he appears to have fallen out of favour with Carlisle fans.

I think a part of that is because he has wanted to move/their fans know he is going so he's form has dipped a bit and he's lost a bit of good will.

Pompey is a big move for him and I think on paper, it's a really decent signing. 
    Carlisle fan I follow seems to think he's fallen out of favour because he's a local lad who wants to move. They offered him a big contract for their structure but he'd have been mad not to move. Not sure how much game time he'll get though
  • JamesSeed said:
    Rumour from the U21s game yesterday.

Early arrivals saw the end of first team training but couldn't see Dobson.

Could have been injured or at the dentist. 
    Was anybody filling in for him? 
    Only need someone to mention "touching up" and I can deploy my trusty Kenneth Williams jpeg!
  • With Jones, Gillesphey, REG, Hector we have enough L1 CB's.  With Elerewe and Mitchell we have our academy CB's so assume if we get a new one they will be of the elite type who could get into any other L1 team and play in the Championship.  So that is exciting.
  • With Jones, Gillesphey, REG, Hector we have enough L1 CB's.  With Elerewe and Mitchell we have our academy CB's so assume if we get a new one they will be of the elite type who could get into any other L1 team and play in the Championship.  So that is exciting.
    I like your thinking. Although REG can play another couple of positions. If we could get a left footed REG, the squad would look a lot better/balanced
  • JamesSeed said:
    Rumour from the U21s game yesterday.

Early arrivals saw the end of first team training but couldn't see Dobson.

Could have been injured or at the dentist. 
    Was anybody filling in for him? 
    Only need someone to mention "touching up" and I can deploy my trusty Kenneth Williams jpeg!
    I was thinking more about the cavity that’ll be left if he goes to Hungary. 
  • I see Newport have signed Luke Jephcott.
    Looked  a really good prospect a couple of years ago at Plymouth but moved on a couple of times since without doing much.
  • Sponsored links:

• Any rumours of signing a half decent striker?
    No. Ronnie says the board have changed their thinking because Aneke is nearly back.
    Yeh, I know..
    Absolute joke, if true.
    Looked  a really good prospect a couple of years ago at Plymouth but moved on a couple of times since without doing much.
    He was a only a good prospect because he scored against us every time we played Plymouth.
    Moving to Scotland seemed a slightly random destination for someone who grew up in Cornwall
  • I reckon Swansea got sold a pup here. Thought they were getting Ronaldo. 
  • fenaddick said:
    Abankwah (remember him?) has gone back to Italy https://www.charltonafc.com/news/james-abankwah-returns-udinese
    Thanks for the memories 
  • seth plum said:

Is that lucky ? He must be getting on a bit now.  :D  
    I loved Lucky.
    With unambiguous respect to T_C_E and his truly beautiful wondrous dogs, I do think Charlton Life doesn’t feature enough pictures of our cats.

• seth plum said:
    If our club policy is pivoting on the fitness of Chucks we’re f***ed.
    This is the problem, you can’t set your stall out for the season thinking that Chuks and Camera will play majority of the games, it just won’t happen.