Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• CAFC_boi said:
    Collins to Bolton is done apparently - so wonder who we are getting instead? It would be criminal to have no creative 10 signed, now that Fraser has gone - the whole 3-5-2 working hinges on this, in my opinion 
    Watson, Fiorini and May can all play there tbf! 
  • Average number of signings in L1 is about 2.7, with 7 new faces (6 outfield) I don't think we can complain too much. 
  • edited February 1
    ValleyBen said:
    Hopefully the money we have been offering around for JCH & Collins which surely has been boosted by flogging CBT early will get spent today. 

Would give the entire club a lift if we bring in a last minute promotion quality signing on a permanent. 

Having loaned out Fraser we must be getting an attacking midfielder in (would be idiotic not to), who will be one of the elite 8 as we already have academy and bob average L1 covered.  
    Dubai is rarely wrong and said we were after a CB yesterday - as I mentioned at the time the same must apply to them, so another elite 8 there.
    Today is set up to be a very exciting day.
    We have the £800K in our pockets from JCH, the £700K from Collins and the £300K from CBT sale. Almost £2M for a L1 club will make a massive difference.
    Plus those elite 8's main consideration of club is the money and location so our lack of manager and closeness to relegation isn't an issue really.
    Hey mate you live in cloud cuckoo land if you believe we've got £2m to spend.

My post was not a serious one. 

We did get £300K for CBT; we were rumoured to have bid £550K for Collins; in theory therefore we should have £850K to spend. We won't.

It has all the markings of another window where the "marquee names" were thrown out there as click bait and we wasted time chasing players whom were never going to join (JCH, Collins etc) but ended up with some journeymen and Coventry; whilst selling one of our best and most effective players.

A bit part Huddersfield player and a 2nd choice L2 keeper is a million miles from "doing an Ipswich" that Elliot was talking about.

A few hours to go. I would like a Wing Back and creative midfielder; I would settle for keeping Dobson
  • Disappointing about Collins. Can't remember the last time we had some creative quality like that. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I'd be more than happy with just 1 really quality attacking midfielder today. The rest can wait until the summer. We need to focus on just being better than 4 teams at the moment.
  • An experienced centre back is a must do, get another forward great, but that back three/four needs sorting. 
  • Today is no different from any other day in the window, we have already moved a lot more than most clubs. A few more would be good but people shouldn’t be annoyed about losing Collins to Bolton. A very good player at this level, Bolton a more attractive option at this stage… 
  • If we sign only one player today, I'd like it to be a really good wing back.
  • We have lost CBT. I appreciate there are reasons for it that are undertsandable but not sure this is a doing cartwheels window.
     He obviously doesn't fit our plans. If we can get someone in who fits our plans better, then I'd prefer that.
  • Sponsored links:

• If Collins goes to Bolton, why don't we sign Hilton's current attacking midfielder 😂
  • Didn’t Rodwell say something like it’s not worth getting out of bed till lunchtime on deadline day?
    He’s too busy watching Location Location Location in the morning. 
  • edited February 1
    Chunes said:
    Disappointing about Collins. Can't remember the last time we had some creative quality like that. 
    Scott Fraser 🤪
  • edited February 1
    We have lost CBT. I appreciate there are reasons for it that are undertsandable but not sure this is a doing cartwheels window.
    Agred. The signings are good don't get me wrong but we've decided to have a window signing players for a formation we hadn't played until a few weeks ago and look quite poor in. 

We now look like we're lacking in creativity and have got rid of CBT who could create something out of nothing. Granted he doesn't suit the new system but that's crying out for a number 10 and we've got rid of Fraser too, who hasn't been great this season but should have had a chance in the new system. I'd have assumed we'd have got Fraser off the book due to high wages and to bring someone in but we will see..

It's also a system reliant on wingbacks and our wingbacks aren't good enough from what we've seen so far sadly.
  • Wouldn’t be surprised if we get Clarke-Harris last minute, Maybe wishful thinking though .
  • More good defenders please
  • We have lost CBT. I appreciate there are reasons for it that are undertsandable but not sure this is a doing cartwheels window.
    I don't think anyone has said that it is. But even with CBT gone honestly it's at the very least probably the "least bad" window there has been for a while, albeit that's like being the tallest dwarf in terms of being impressive.
  • Leuth said:
    CAFC_boi said:
    Collins to Bolton is done apparently - so wonder who we are getting instead? It would be criminal to have no creative 10 signed, now that Fraser has gone - the whole 3-5-2 working hinges on this, in my opinion 
    Watson, Fiorini and May can all play there tbf! 
    Exactly, we just need a manager that actually plays one of them there. A goalscoring 10 can be one for the summer as Watson/Fiorini both won’t be here and that will free up some room. 

Priority for now should be wing backs and a striker. Maybe even another centre back. I’d have all of that higher on the priority list than a 10