Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• Sambcafc said:
    PWADDICK said:

A rumour!
    Surely you don’t believe that 
    Surely I don’t have to answer that?
  • We need at least one of either an attacking midfielder or a strong striker to hold up the ball. 
  • Croydon said:
    To lose CBT and not even attempt to sign someone to replace the assists is mental.
    I guess their attempt was Collins but there has to be a back up as that was always a hard move to pull off. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Right sided defender is very vague but I would guess they want a wingback as surely REG is intended as the RCB. I’m guessing we’re sniffing around Joe Ward from Derby 
  • Scoham said:
    Croydon said:
    To lose CBT and not even attempt to sign someone to replace the assists is mental.
    I’m hoping we’re after a wing back who’s good going forward, we need creativity from the wing backs, not just a 10.
    In an ideal world it would be a CAM, RWB & LWB yeah. Reckon we will end up with 1 out of 3 and he will be pony.
    Agree, and there’s a good case for needing a Gk, CB and striker too. Shows how poor this squad is.
  • fenaddick said:
    Right sided defender is very vague but I would guess they want a wingback as surely REG is intended as the RCB. I’m guessing we’re sniffing around Joe Ward from Derby 
    Maybe on loan but they won't be dumb enough to let him play against them. 
  • Croydon said:
    Window don’t shut till 11 we are looking to bring in number 10 .. 
    hope you’re right and I’m reading it wrong but Rich’s tweet looks like one more to me.
  • Yeah I'm reading Rich's tweet as one and done and Mcgrandles going. 

• Our lack of attacking midfield makes me feel ill. If we could keep hold of the ball in forward areas for longer then it would massively assist our defence. The ball just comes back at us endlessly 
    Camara and Aneke both could be on the bench 
  • Croydon said:
    Were not playing wingers 
  • pettgra said:
    My Millwall mate told me not to worry about the transfer window. Apparently they have signed a player who they can’t use yet because he is too fat. He said you cannot make it up.
    I used to play a lot of golf with the son of a well known 50s/60s footballer. He told me that Brighton signed his Dad from Spurs only to find, on his first day of training, that he weighed inat 17.5 stone.
    Bobby Smith?
  • Croydon said:
    Were not playing wingers 
    Then bring in better wing backs and at minimum competition for Edun. 
  • If you believe we are signing Evan Ferguson on loan then you've not been living in the real world for the past 12 months. 
    Must be nice
  • Sponsored links:

• pettgra said:
    My Millwall mate told me not to worry about the transfer window. Apparently they have signed a player who they can’t use yet because he is too fat. He said you cannot make it up.
    I used to play a lot of golf with the son of a well known 50s/60s footballer. He told me that Brighton signed his Dad from Spurs only to find, on his first day of training, that he weighed inat 17.5 stone.
    Bobby Smith?
    Spot on.
  • PWADDICK said:
    Sambcafc said:
    PWADDICK said:

A rumour!
    Surely you don’t believe that 
    Surely I don’t have to answer that?
    You do have to answer that, and don't call me Shirley.

Sorry. 
  • Not to hijack the thread with manager gossip…but NJ would want two FB’s that can get forward with energy, a holding mid that can drop in the back line, a 10 that will run beyond and the profile of striker Alf and Fred provide. 

If Dobbo is that holding mid, Camara / Watson / Fiorini is that 10 then we’d be looking at signing a RB? As Edun can get forward (isn’t the greatest but adds more dynamism than Tennai).

Just a thought. 
  • This has got to be the worst deadline day ever. So boring 
  • _MrDick said:
    This has got to be the worst deadline day ever. So boring 
    Par for the course really..🙄
  • Non Merde poiroit.

• Caleb Taylor has joined Bolton on loan.
  • Croydon said:
    Were not playing wingers 

Were not playing defenders too.