Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• Speaking of attacking wingbacks, Bolton bring in Calvin Ramsey on loan from Liverpool. 
  • They did a very good job of developing Bradley for them so makes sense. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Wing Back feels the most crucial to get right if we are going to be playing 352 long term , not convinced Tennai and Edun are the answers. Need to find players more in the Matssen,JDS, Wiggins ilk. 
    Recall DJ! 

(only half-joking)
  • Leuth said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Wing Back feels the most crucial to get right if we are going to be playing 352 long term , not convinced Tennai and Edun are the answers. Need to find players more in the Matssen,JDS, Wiggins ilk. 
    Recall DJ! 

(only half-joking)
    Please no. Not half-joking. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    Can’t see us signing him but Jed Steer is available again.

https://www.theposh.com/news/steer-makes-decision-depart
    If he's still as good as he was last time we had him he'd be a good addition. AMB or Isted would have to leave though, I imagine.
  • Sage said:
    Might not be morally right, but I’d like us to go for a couple of Reading players.

At the end of the day, we need to survive and if that means signing a player or two from Reading who are just below us, so be it.

Smith would improve us and weaken them, helping our chance of survival.

I am a Charlton supporter, not Reading. It’s not nice to see any club in any trouble, as we all well know!

But I’m not here for the “you can’t sign their players because they’re struggling and going through it”. No. If they’re a player who will improve us and we can sign them, you do it no matter who they play for.
    Agree, we did exactly that when we signed BWP. Might not have won L1 the following season had we missed out.

I think Methven talked about it on his podcast and made the point that if we don’t another club will.
  • ValleyBen said:
    Reading would do the same to us if the roles were reversed. 
    And teams have done in the past … Knibbs would be one we should get perhaps Smith but I think we’re looking at other targets now Aneke could be on the bench Saturday ?
  • Sage said:
    Might not be morally right, but I’d like us to go for a couple of Reading players.

At the end of the day, we need to survive and if that means signing a player or two from Reading who are just below us, so be it.

Smith would improve us and weaken them, helping our chance of survival.

I am a Charlton supporter, not Reading. It’s not nice to see any club in any trouble, as we all well know!

But I’m not here for the “you can’t sign their players because they’re struggling and going through it”. No. If they’re a player who will improve us and we can sign them, you do it no matter who they play for.
    We took Herman from Ipswich in that way, outside of a transfer window.
  • TELTEL
    edited January 30
    I liked the look of Azzeez. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 30
    ValleyBen said:
    Agreed.

Reading spent money like a drunken sailor. It was the risk they took and they are now paying the price. 
  • ValleyBen said:
    Wasn’t it Reading that took Yann from us ?
  • Sam Smith, Harvey Knibbs and Femi Azeez would all be very good signings, we should be jumping at the chance to sign them below market value 
  • ValleyBen said:
    Wasn’t it Reading that took Yann from us ?
    no he left us for Bournemouth. 
  • edited January 30
    Knibbs and Azeez both wingers aren't they? Haven't we set ourselves up with no wingers, not sure they will be considered.

Smith is decent and if cheap is certainly worth picking up, as Sage says he would improve us and weaken them.

Vickers is the jewel of their squad, not necessarily for the short term but certainly another Peterborough type signing - kid with a very high ceiling.

Tyler Bindon maybe worth a punt if cheap.

The issue is Reading will want as much cash upfront as possible where I get the impression our larger outgoings are trying to be structured by little upfront and large sell on clauses.
  • JamesSeed said:
    The next 37 hrs and 37 minutes will be crucial.
    The window closes 11pm Thursday 😉