Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• Now back to our regularly scheduled programming
    DOUCHER said:
    Jeremy Ngakia at Watford was the last name put out there in the last couple of days I believe.
    perenialy injured bloke, ex west ham, must be a wind up surely 
    Perennially injured sounds right in our ballpark on previous evidence.
  • Thursday 1st February at 11pm is when the window slams shut, I'd be surprised if we didn't bring in at least 1 player if not 2 before then.

Another question is who we can move on, or loan out to get some minutes, as we are over stocked in midfield now. It's confusing why the Fraser departure has stalled at our end.
  • I want another wingback and a 10, and if I'm greedy a new target man striker, however I'd also take Aneke coming back and being that man from the bench, as long as we don't try and start him in any games 
  • edited January 29
    Thursday 1st February at 11pm is when the window slams shut, I'd be surprised if we didn't bring in at least 1 player if not 2 before then.

Another question is who we can move on, or loan out to get some minutes, as we are over stocked in midfield now. It's confusing why the Fraser departure has stalled at our end.
    It must be dependent on a signing ‘getting over the line’. Our creative midfielder tank is running pretty close to empty without him.

And as BigRedEvil says, we’re a different side with Chuks in it. 
  • sam3110 said:
    I want another wingback and a 10, and if I'm greedy a new target man striker, however I'd also take Aneke coming back and being that man from the bench, as long as we don't try and start him in any games 
    Aneke back will be huge, no coincidence when he was fit we had out best run of form for the season.. He can hold the ball up, bring others into it and also create chances for himself 

If he can stay fit for 5/6 games it'll be enough to keep us away from relegation 
    sadly that's unlikely to happen (him staying fit for 5/6 games)
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:
    I want another wingback and a 10, and if I'm greedy a new target man striker, however I'd also take Aneke coming back and being that man from the bench, as long as we don't try and start him in any games 
    Aneke back will be huge, no coincidence when he was fit we had out best run of form for the season.. He can hold the ball up, bring others into it and also create chances for himself 

If he can stay fit for 5/6 games it'll be enough to keep us away from relegation 
    If we use him properly and only bring him on for 15 mins per game he should be okay, the last few times he has broken down its because we decided to start him in games. Just accept he is a 10-15 minute impact player and use him solely as that.
    have always said that, he simply can't last more than 45 mins (to be honest 30 is his max) and is much more effective coming off the bench
  • sam3110 said:

If we use him properly and only bring him on for 15 mins per game he should be okay, the last few times he has broken down its because we decided to start him in games. Just accept he is a 10-15 minute impact player and use him solely as that.
    At the very least, Fleming seems pragmatic enough that he probably will keep using Aneke as the impact sub, and seems like the kind of person that will hopefully have an arm around the metaphorical shoulder and have Chuks seeing this as an important part to play (which it is.)
  • Swisdom said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/exclusive-bristol-rovers-reject-opening-9062701

£600k bid from Bolton rejected for Aaron Collins , Rovers wanting closer to £1m
    They turned down 700,000 from us so not going to accept 600,000 
    We did not bid £700k.  Stop making stuff up.  
    So this comment can stay yet I prove that I did not make anything up and it’s deleted .. it would be only right that this incorrect statement from Swisdom be removed as it been proved that we did make 700 k bid 
    Nobody likes a grass Ronnie 
  • Surely any of somebody else’s money available to Methven needs to be used to pay off Appleton, and the equivalent amount kept in reserve to pay off Mark Warburton or Nathan Jones by the end of the year.
  • The issue with Aneke has often been that he's been over used, whether that's off the bench or from the start, because of a lack of quality options. With May and Ladapo starting and Kanu able to make an impact off the bench then Aneke wouldn't need to play minutes every single match. Until he's fully up to speed I don't think he should even be playing 30 mins on a Saturday and a Tuesday.
  • Said it before but Max Dean at MKDons. Should have got him at the start of the window. They are talking £1M now and that will go up imo. 

Looks a carbon copy of Alfie May to me.  Imagine two of them upfront, any defence we played against would be exhausted by the running and constant chat and shithousery by the pair.

He is only 19 I think so would be the long term successor.

A very "Peterborough" type signing.. will probably go higher now though 
  • Agree you can’t start Chuks but there’s as much likelihood of him pulling up coming on and trying to make an impact as at any other time. I accept that coming on for the last 15 mins has the least impact of disruptions to the team and tactics but 15 mins here and there won’t get him match fit and I’ll be amazed if he doesn’t break down again.  Let’s hope not.
  • We are foolish to not use Aneke when he is available as he is proper quality but his endless injury issues mean he needs to be a complete bonus not a reason to stop signing another option. 
  • Hopefully that bloke in from Brighton will see us using players a bit more properly going forward.
  • Sponsored links:

• Addick_8 said:
    seth plum said:
    Surely any of somebody else’s money available to Methven needs to be used to pay off Appleton, and the equivalent amount kept in reserve to pay off Mark Warburton or Nathan Jones by the end of the year.
    This is getting borderline obsessive
    Getting?!
  • Taking the discussion on a transfer thread into areas of affordability is not thread derailment in my opinion.
  • seth plum said:
    Taking the discussion on a transfer thread into areas of affordability is not thread derailment in my opinion.
    It obviously is.
    Start a new thread, although no one knows or could hazard a guess until the accounts come out.
  • I disagree. Plenty of posters on this thread have mentioned costs, fees and affordability. So it is not ‘obvious’ that the financials are a derailment.
  • edited January 29
    ValleyBen said:
    We are foolish to not use Aneke when he is available as he is proper quality but his endless injury issues mean he needs to be a complete bonus not a reason to stop signing another option. 
    "When he is available"...i'm beginning to wonder of he was just a figment of our imagination..he has "been involved" in 6, yes SIX matches this season, injured for 23...I would say he was a bonus just to see him again...rumour is he may emerge some time soon...🤷‍♂️