Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• NabySarr said:
    Bristol Rovers have signed Kamil Conteh from Grimsby for £300k. Might free up Aaron Collins for a move? 
    I think Conteh is more of a defensive midfielder, rather than a No 10

Defensive midfielder? Surprised we weren't in for him.
  • I say, are there any transfer rumours at all?
  • shirty5 said:
    Seems from reading that that he’s pretty desperate to move north. Don’t he’s going to be the happiest bunny in the event that a new manager asks to keep him. The last thing we need is an unmotivated Scott Fraser right now. 
  • edited January 27
    True. But he’d be even worse now. 
  • If the above rumour re Dobbo and an improved offer going into him over Scott’s head is true, it is likely that plans and £s are being reconciled to see what else we can do? Every club has to consider its financial thresholds after all. Such a move would also surely rock the relationship between Scott and the Board, which too could destabilise recruitment efforts at least temporarily?

If the above is true and Methven has done something direct with Dobbo to keep him, I will shake his hand when I next see him as I will be over the moon. I think the Board know the fans need a filip right now and the 1-2-3-4-5 more years song for Dobbo has been the simplest of invitations to provide it. Good news and good PR if true and Dobbo stays…
  • JamesSeed said:
    shirty5 said:
    Seems from reading that that he’s pretty desperate to move north. Don’t he’s going to be the happiest bunny in the event that a new manager asks to keep him. The last thing we need is an unmotivated Scott Fraser right now. 
    Wants to move north you say? So he's going to Brighton?
  • If the above rumour re Dobbo and an improved offer going into him over Scott’s head is true, it is likely that plans and £s are being reconciled to see what else we can do? Every club has to consider its financial thresholds after all. Such a move would also surely rock the relationship between Scott and the Board, which too could destabilise recruitment efforts at least temporarily?

If the above is true and Methven has done something direct with Dobbo to keep him, I will shake his hand when I next see him as I will be over the moon. I think the Board know the fans need a filip right now and the 1-2-3-4-5 more years song for Dobbo has been the simplest of invitations to provide it. Good news and good PR if true and Dobbo stays…
    If that’s true surely Scott is being sacked after this window. If non-football people are going over his head then that’s a worrying sign. Let the football people make the footballing decisions and if you don’t trust them anymore (and who could blame them for losing faith in Scott) then replace them 
  • Fraser not been interested most of the season tbh 
  • Sponsored links:

• NabySarr said:
    If the above rumour re Dobbo and an improved offer going into him over Scott’s head is true, it is likely that plans and £s are being reconciled to see what else we can do? Every club has to consider its financial thresholds after all. Such a move would also surely rock the relationship between Scott and the Board, which too could destabilise recruitment efforts at least temporarily?

If that’s true surely Scott is being sacked after this window. If non-football people are going over his head then that’s a worrying sign. Let the football people make the footballing decisions and if you don’t trust them anymore (and who could blame them for losing faith in Scott) then replace them 
    Yes if true it does make AS’s position somewhat untenable.

Not sure I’m comfortable with the idea that someone like Charlie Methven would now be deciding how much we’re offering in contract renewals. Whether you like Scott or not, we need football people making football decisions otherwise we might as well go back to the Sandgaards offering Chuks 3.5 years.

Hopefully the improved contract offer is marginal and with the footballing sign off that doesn’t undermine the whole point of the leadership structure.
  • jams said:
    Finally, a rumour about a wing back! Cawley says we are interested in ngakia from Watford 
    Thank god for that 
  • jams said:
    Finally, a rumour about a wing back! Cawley says we are interested in ngakia from Watford 
    Naturally, he’s been out for the last 2 months 
  • Should've guessed that! 🙄
  • jams said:
    Passes the height test 6'
    Played a total of 72 games since 2019 for West Ham & Watford...🤔🤷‍♂️
  • Ngakia is the right profile of player but fractured his ankle in November.... I'm unconvinced he's actually going to be fit. 
  • On the positive side at least it confirms we're looking for a wingback. Hopefully two, need an alternative to Edun on the left. Ideally starters for both sides.
  • Sponsored links:

• jams said:
    Broken ankle, out until April. Genuinely.

• Cracking signing. Such a Charlton signing 
    We need players who are fit not recuperating 
  • What’s the point in signing him now? Just wait until the summer surely 
  • What’s the point in signing him now? Just wait until the summer surely 
    I have a theory 😂

get him signed now without a relegation release clause otherwise he might not agree to play l2 football in the summer
  • Scoham said:
    What’s the point in signing him now? Just wait until the summer surely 
    I have a theory 😂

get him signed now without a relegation release clause otherwise he might not agree to play l2 football in the summer
    It’s also possible he’s better than Tennai Watson, even with a broken ankle.
    Hahaha, that made me laugh

i have a new theory. Maybe he is better than Watson, even with a broken ankle
  • Alex Pritchard has told Sunderland he no longer wants to play for them and wishes to leave the club immediately