Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• fenaddick said:
    Not directly related to us but Ipswich are going for Al Hamadi from the Wombles. Must be why Ladapo was let out on loan and suggests he’ll probably be available in the summer too
    If he can find his shooting boots we should look to sign him permanently, has looked a real threat and causes problems for defenders. Missed a few decent chances so far but hopefully run of games will sort that out as his career history shows he knows where the net is.
    In the first half Lapado rolled the defender about 30 yards out, and took a first time right footed strike into almost top bins. Keeper made a comfortable save, but was a real moment of quality which you don’t regularly see in L1 level. May and Ladapo will be a very good partnership when he’s match fit.
    Tried an action replay of his goal against us for Ipswich last season. Of course it went in against us and down the keeper's throat when he's playing for us. :-)
  • Strong hint that Anderseon and Asiimwe not going to be sold or loaned out on transfer deadline day according the OS

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/steve-avory-meet-bromley-addicks
    Not sold, but may be loaned out still seeing as Kedwell is out on loan and there 😉
  • sam3110 said:
    Strong hint that Anderseon and Asiimwe not going to be sold or loaned out on transfer deadline day according the OS

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/steve-avory-meet-bromley-addicks
    Not sold, but may be loaned out still seeing as Kedwell is out on loan and there 😉
    But not on transfer deadline day :- :smile:
  • Nelson Abbey has joined Olympiakos

• The easily replaceable Dobson making the top 5 duals won, the only one of the 5 who isn't a centre back. 

At this point I am not joking, if we wanted to secure survival, we could buy Piergianni or Dunkley. Right type of characters for a scrap and we wouldn't be so pathetic defensively 
    Well our CB's weren't gonna be there. 
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:
    Bailey said:
    League one clubs are limited to a 22 man squad, this doesn't include goalkeepers and players under 21 years of age at the turn of the calender year.
    So this means we have:

Jones, Thomas, Hector, Edun, T. Watson, Gillesphey, REG.
    Dobson, Camara, Fraser, Taylor, McGrandles, Bakinson, Coventry, L. Watson.
    May, Ladapo, Aneke.

Not sure if i've missed anyone but we're well within the squad limit. 
    Ness is 22 now I think?
    He turns 22 next month.
  • CafcWest said:
    Rak Sakyi must be fed up with the occasional bench at Palace - I'm sure he'd love to come back onl oan for the rest of the season...and boy could we use him!
    Curbs said exactly the same on Charlton TV last Tuesday!
  • CafcWest said:
    Rak Sakyi must be fed up with the occasional bench at Palace - I'm sure he'd love to come back onl oan for the rest of the season...and boy could we use him!
    Be good to have another injured player to keep the physios in good spirits 
  • Surely we have to lose at least one more midfielder, even on loan, as the squad is so unbalanced, but will the ones recovering from injury, Taylor, McGrandles and Camara, be fit enough to sign for another club?. 

Annoying that they won't get fit and playing until after the window closes.
  • CafcWest said:
    He missed 3 months through injury 
  • edited January 25

The easily replaceable Dobson making the top 5 duals won, the only one of the 5 who isn't a centre back. 
    Well our CB's weren't gonna be there. 
  • CafcWest said:
    Rak Sakyi must be fed up with the occasional bench at Palace - I'm sure he'd love to come back on loan for the rest of the season...and boy could we use him!
    The (obvious) pitfall would be "where does he fit in"? 

Now we seem to be playing 3-5-2, he's not a striker and def not a WB either. So to make him fit we'd need to revert back to 4-3-3 and that would require us then buy a LW to replace CBT  and someone to cover for them when the inevitable injuries kick in. Campbell certainly not up to the job (for now at least). It's the same issue we've had all season with accomodating CBT. 
  • Sponsored links:

• CafcWest said:
    Curbs said exactly the same on Charlton TV last Tuesday!
    Not exactly the same he didn’t. I don’t think he ever called him Rak Sakyi. 😂
  • sam3110 said:
    I would be madness for us to now try and sign a winger after selling CBT and moving away from 433.

Because of that I fully expect it to happen
    Not really, we need wingers to be able to change it up from the bench when 5 at the back isnt working
  • jbaker said:
    Not really a rumour but transfer related. I feel like I can share now people have actually moved on. A few years back we had agreed a deal to sign Ivan Toney. This would have meant us receiving a fee for Lyle who wanted out. 11th hour Pboro increased their asking price for Toney. This meant we had to get out buyer to increase there big for Lyle which they refused. The whole thing fell apart, massive row between Lyle and Steve Gallen and that was basically Taylor from then on saying he wouldn’t play again. Toney went to move to Brentford instead and we ended up hunt out to dry. Lyle went on to Forest on about 25k a week. . . Relating this to now, really wouldn’t surprise me if JCH ends up somewhere this window. Pboro are renowned for being shrewd operators and I just can’t see they are going to let him run the contact down. I can see a deal where Pboro still contribute a % of his wages for his next move if they get a fee, or basically give some of the transfer fee to 

Think it was published that Taylor refused to play for the club after COVID because he did not want to get injured , Toney did not join Brentford till very late in 2020 long time after Taylor went on strike ?

JCH is totally diff he has an offer on the table from a foreign club basically he wants the same from an English club believed to be around 15k a week .. which he won’t get , he did not even feature in the Mickey Mouse the cup the other day so it’s clear he happy just to sit out the season in Peterbro reserves … he might  go on loan ? think Peterbro want his 7k per week wages off the books 
  • Scoham said:
    Chunes said:
    jbaker said:
    Not really a rumour but transfer related. I feel like I can share now people have actually moved on. A few years back we had agreed a deal to sign Ivan Toney. This would have meant us receiving a fee for Lyle who wanted out. 11th hour Pboro increased their asking price for Toney. This meant we had to get out buyer to increase there big for Lyle which they refused. The whole thing fell apart, massive row between Lyle and Steve Gallen and that was basically Taylor from then on saying he wouldn’t play again. Toney went to move to Brentford instead and we ended up hunt out to dry. Lyle went on to Forest on about 25k a week. . . Relating this to now, really wouldn’t surprise me if JCH ends up somewhere this window. Pboro are renowned for being shrewd operators and I just can’t see they are going to let him run the contact down. I can see a deal where Pboro still contribute a % of his wages for his next move if they get a fee, or basically give some of the transfer fee to JCH
    And then Lee Bowyer & the club went to extraordinary lengths to make up the 'Lyle is worried about injury' story to protect Lyle, who was actually refusing to play in a relegation battle over a transfer? Why would they do that... That doesn't make sense. 

Also struggling with the idea that we were buying Toney when he later went to Brentford for £10million, or that Tahnoon was willing to put a penny into the club for transfers, or that he even could have... given he had yet to prove funding to the EFL. 
    Wasn’t there talk of Toney joining in August when RD owned the club, as well as in January under ESI? I assume the former is what jbaker is referring to.
    Roland sold the club in November 2019 I think. Lyle refused to play in June 2020.