Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• We desperately need creativity in the middle of the park. Fiorini will be another Matt Smith etc…… totally forgettable. I would keep Fraser and play him in front of Dobson and Coventry. Just off the front two.
    I don’t think keeping Fraser is an option frustratingly. Will need to hope in next week we get a decent manager and a high quality playmaker at the very minimum. 
  • SF will go, and we will bring in a replacement.
  • They need a centre half and quickly 
  • edited January 24
    Can I raise the issue of League rules about the size of squad and wages. I don't have an idea about how it works, the limits or whether it includes under 21s or loanees like DJ but even with Kirk gone, Fraser, maybe, our squad looks enormous. We now have enough midfield players to field two teams, McGrandles, Taylor, Watson, and Anderson were not even used last night.
  • Bailey said:
    Can I raise the issue of League rules about the size of squad and wages. I don't have an idea about how it works, the limits or whether it includes under 21s or loanees like DJ but even with Kirk gone, Fraser, maybe, our squad looks enormous. We now have enough midfield players to field two teams, McGrandles, Taylor, Watson, and Anderson were not even used last night.
    Oh and I forgot Camara 
  • If we can get Bows back, surely we need to get Bauer back 
  • Bailey said:
    Bailey said:
    Oh and I forgot Camara 
    And Fiorini 
  • Sponsored links:

• CAFCDAZ said:
    Am I the only one who thinks we need a better goalkeeper?

AMB is fine but all top teams have a number one who is better than 'fine'.

There's no rush to get one this window but in the summer this should be one of our top priorities.
    Great shot stopper, I sit near enough to be able to hear him and I dont even know what he sounds like! You never see him lose his rag with the defence, never see him bark instructions, I don't think Isted is right either. If we could I'd get Dillon back and let's be honest, he wasn't amazing but he had that character you want a keeper to have
    Isted is a much better keeper and should be in the side on Saturday .. will be if Duff takes over 
  • Bailey said:
    Bailey said:
    Oh and I forgot Camara 
    And Fiorini 
  • We desperately need creativity in the middle of the park. Fiorini will be another Matt Smith etc…… totally forgettable. I would keep Fraser and play him in front of Dobson and Coventry. Just off the front two.
    Fraser asked to leave for family reasons back to Scotland he was at the Hearts match last night 
  • League one clubs are limited to a 22 man squad, this doesn't include goalkeepers and players under 21 years of age at the turn of the calender year.
  • CAFCDAZ said:

There's no rush to get one this window but in the summer this should be one of our top priorities.
    Great shot stopper, I sit near enough to be able to hear him and I dont even know what he sounds like! You never see him lose his rag with the defence, never see him bark instructions, I don't think Isted is right either. If we could I'd get Dillon back and let's be honest, he wasn't amazing but he had that character you want a keeper to have
    Isted is a much better keeper and should be in the side on Saturday .. will be if Duff takes over 
    And how do you know what a manager who hasn't been appointed yet, team selection will be?
  • Dobson leading the team out this eve holding his young daughter as mascot... bit odd unless he thinks it's his last game perhaps...?
    He did it Saturday as well … he had a shocker last night and you can see why only one club have made an offer for him…. and none from England 
    I've been anti Dobson in recent weeks but last night he did well
  • CAFCDAZ said:

And how do you know what a manager who hasn't been appointed yet, team selection will be?
    I think it was mentioned in the Plymouth Herald.
  • Bailey said:
    League one clubs are limited to a 22 man squad, this doesn't include goalkeepers and players under 21 years of age at the turn of the calender year.
    So this means we have:

Jones, Thomas, Hector, Edun, T. Watson, Gillesphey, REG.
    Dobson, Camara, Fraser, Taylor, McGrandles, Bakinson, Coventry, L. Watson.
    May, Ladapo, Aneke.

Not sure if i've missed anyone but we're well within the squad limit. 
  • so far the new signings have been absolute shite , we need a good keeper who can command his box and kick the ball and Isted is not the answer .
  • Sponsored links:

• He's playing out of position, he's not in a million years an 8, he shouldn't be that high trying to be the creative one 
  • CAFCDAZ said:

He’s basing it on the fact Isted was Duffs keeper at Barnsley last season.
  • I've been anti Dobson in recent weeks but last night he did well
    He did agreed ,I haven't been on this forum long but this guy talks utter rubbish just like that Bexley boy on the other forum aswell.
  • Steven81 said:
    I've been anti Dobson in recent weeks but last night he did well
    He did agreed ,I haven't been on this forum long but this guy talks utter rubbish just like that Bexley boy on the other forum aswell.
    They're the same person
  • Scoham said:
    Bailey said:
    They need a centre half and quickly 
    We’ve signed two yet we saw no improvement last night - this for me it’s mainly a coaching and organisation issue. We need to be set up to make us a lot tougher to break down.
    The second half was better. Until the late subs and sending off we looked fairly solid once Thomas replaced Jones at HT.
  • Found it interesting to read the Northampton forum.

They said Coventry looks class and how they can dream of spending £1m on a player.

So I don’t think we can say all the new signings are shite. Takes us back to why Appleton took him off - personally (and this is no dig at Dobbo) but Coventry will over time have a much more successful career than George. Just a gut feel - but he’s a proper player. Only risk is he gets dragged down by all this shit.
    Not sure where a million for Coventry has come from.. It is very much a deal based on the sell clause!

It's funny, that Dobson and Coventry would work perfectly together in a 4231 formation.. As we was playing when we had Leaburn, Chuks and May all available.