Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• I would play Dobson deeper with Coventry as an 8 - his passing range and set piece delivery is incredible at this level. We just need a creative 10 to come in and that midfield 3 looks very good. I also like Bakinson, he can cover any of those roles too.
    This, there was no link between midfield and attack last night. Nothing against any of the midfielders but its just not their skill set. Need a creative midfielder/no10 for sure.
  • Scoham said:
    Bailey said:
    They need a centre half and quickly 
    We’ve signed two yet we saw no improvement last night - this for me it’s mainly a coaching and organisation issue. We need to be set up to make us a lot tougher to break down.
    The second half was better. Until the late subs and sending off we looked fairly solid once Thomas replaced Jones at HT.
    We did but I meant the overall outcome - we still conceded 3 times including another late goal.
  • If we bring in a decent manager, we might then attract decent players.
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Found it interesting to read the Northampton forum.

They said Coventry looks class and how they can dream of spending £1m on a player.

So I don’t think we can say all the new signings are shite. Takes us back to why Appleton took him off - personally (and this is no dig at Dobbo) but Coventry will over time have a much more successful career than George. Just a gut feel - but he’s a proper player. Only risk is he gets dragged down by all this shit.
    Not sure where a million for Coventry has come from.. It is very much a deal based on the sell clause!

It's funny, that Dobson and Coventry would work perfectly together in a 4231 formation.. As we was playing when we had Leaburn, Chuks and May all available. 

That was a number they were guessing at.........
  • edited January 24
    How did it go in Aaron Collins' first training session with us?
  • so far the new signings have been absolute shite , we need a good keeper who can command his box and kick the ball and Isted is not the answer .
    Your having a giggle 
  • Sponsored links:

• He signed a 8 year contract so we get three years out of him.
  • I would play Dobson deeper with Coventry as an 8 - his passing range and set piece delivery is incredible at this level. We just need a creative 10 to come in and that midfield 3 looks very good. I also like Bakinson, he can cover any of those roles too.
    This, there was no link between midfield and attack last night. Nothing against any of the midfielders but its just not their skill set. Need a creative midfielder/no10 for sure.
    I think when playing 352 you need to get the ball wide quicker and use the wing backs to supply the forwards but Edun, who gets forward well, continually failed to clear the first defender with his crosses and Twatson, until he went in to nosebleed territory and popped up to score the goal was playing too deep or kept passing sideways/backwards and failed to make the right runs into space.
  • fenaddick said:

At this point, I wish Paul Elliot just killed us off and ended our suffering .
  • fenaddick said:

At this point, I wish Paul Elliot just killed us off and ended our suffering .
    Why there a reason he did not receive one offer from an English club .. 
  • Take the captain armband of him now … 
    What for exactly? He hasn’t gone anywhere. The key word in that was “understand”. There is nothing concrete to say that Dobson has signed anything. 
  • Dobson leading the team out this eve holding his young daughter as mascot... bit odd unless he thinks it's his last game perhaps...?
    He did it Saturday as well … he had a shocker last night and you can see why only one club have made an offer for him…. and none from England 
    I've been anti Dobson in recent weeks but last night he did well
    Your right Todd's, silly bollocks is wrong 
  • Sponsored links:

• Dobson is not even close to being the problem.  However he is not a box to box or attacking midfielder which is where he played yesterday.  Coventry and Dobson could work together in a 4231 setup but then we have a lack of wingers and one of ladapo or May would either be benched or playing out of position.  It will be interesting to see what formation the eventual new manager prefers
  • Dobson is not even close to being the problem.  However he is not a box to box or attacking midfielder which is where he played yesterday.  Coventry and Dobson could work together in a 4231 setup but then we have a lack of wingers and one of ladapo or May would either be benched or playing out of position.  It will be interesting to see what formation the eventual new manager prefers
    My exact thoughts, in a double pivot, I think Dobbo and Coventry could be very effective, as you say though we would need attacking full backs, a creative mid infront and good wingers to make up for their limited attacking ability. 

Dobson, Bakinson and Coventry were all noticeably too similar imo but all were better in one area the the other. Bakinson has the best spacial awareness, Dobson is the best defensively and then Coventry is probably the quickest on the ball. 

I love Dobbo, but if he does go, I do think Coventry could potentially do what Dobson has done for us. Good on the half turn, good pass of the ball, gets about. 

Ideally though they'd play together somehow, agreed 
  • Having to pay off Appleton - can’t see money being spent on any more permanent signings. Suspect, if anything, might see another loan…
  • Bailey said:
    League one clubs are limited to a 22 man squad, this doesn't include goalkeepers and players under 21 years of age at the turn of the calender year.
    So this means we have:

Jones, Thomas, Hector, Edun, T. Watson, Gillesphey, REG.
    Dobson, Camara, Fraser, Taylor, McGrandles, Bakinson, Coventry, L. Watson.
    May, Ladapo, Aneke.

Not sure if i've missed anyone but we're well within the squad limit. 
    Ness is 22 now I think?
  • edited January 25
    Really hope we will see additional cover at full back. Assimwe looks a talent but probably not the correct time to blood him. 

Attacking midfield looks a big issue, but the Scott Fraser from last season would probably be sufficient. Even L Watson could fill that role. Do hope that we won’t move Fraser on unless we get replacement, but the number of midfielders is ridiculous. 

Imagine Anderson will be sent on loan now Mcgrandles & Taylor are back.
  • Not directly related to us but Ipswich are going for Al Hamadi from the Wombles. Must be why Ladapo was let out on loan and suggests he’ll probably be available in the summer too