Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• If we stump up the money and Bolton don’t match it, we’re in the driving seat. He’d be great for us I think, just not sure I can see the owners spending that much on a player right now. In future, yes, but not sure I can see them doing it in this window.
  • Owen Moxon has said he won't sign a new contract at Carlisle, his current one runs out in the summer. Decent L1 freebie in the summer.  CM where we are well stocked but Fiorini, Bakinson, Fraser and McG I suspect will all be gone in the summer.

Pompey and Blackpool both interested in him but in the summer we will all be equal if we stay up and show decent form for the rest of the season 
    Owen Moxon sounds like an oxymoron as there’s a deafening silence about his possible transfer
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Yeah I think Bolton ultimately win out here , I just hope we have other options lined up that can play that No10 role 
    Obviously depends on the clubs having a bid accepted but if he's left with a choice of us or Bolton, then i can't see why he'd choose us.

Potentially could try and sell to him that he'd walk into our side, but at Bolton they have a good enough team already and he'll likely have some competition for his place.
  • edited January 28
    MarcusH26 said:
    Yeah I think Bolton ultimately win out here , I just hope we have other options lined up that can play that No10 role 
    ...What's it all about...Alfie...🙄
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Obviously depends on the clubs having a bid accepted but if he's left with a choice of us or Bolton, then i can't see why he'd choose us.

Potentially could try and sell to him that he'd walk into our side, but at Bolton they have a good enough team already and he'll likely have some competition for his place.

I look at Bolton's attacking options bar their strikers who are a regular topic on here and there's definitely a good spot there for Collins. Ideal re-enforcement for a side that can still win the league. 
  • Uboat said:
    Admin, please deal with all the posts encouraging people not to engage in criticism of Ronnie Moore and Reams. They are clogging up the thread. 
    Not anymore they aren’t!
  • Swisdom said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/exclusive-bristol-rovers-reject-opening-9062701

£600k bid from Bolton rejected for Aaron Collins , Rovers wanting closer to £1m
    They turned down 700,000 from us so not going to accept 600,000 
    We did not bid £700k.  Stop making stuff up.  
    So this comment can stay yet I prove that I did not make anything up and it’s deleted .. it would be only right that this incorrect statement from Swisdom be removed as it been proved that we did make 700 k bid 
  • Where are our scouts EVANS of Newport would do us fine and the 8 morris let’s put some cheeky bids in
  • Sponsored links:

• How many do we all think we’ll sign before the window shuts ?
  • Yann897 said:
    How many do we all think we’ll sign before the window shuts ?
    If we don’t have a new manager probably no one that’s any good. Hopefully we learned that from August 
  • Swisdom said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/exclusive-bristol-rovers-reject-opening-9062701

£600k bid from Bolton rejected for Aaron Collins , Rovers wanting closer to £1m
    They turned down 700,000 from us so not going to accept 600,000 
    We did not bid £700k.  Stop making stuff up.  
    So this comment can stay yet I prove that I did not make anything up and it’s deleted .. it would be only right that this incorrect statement from Swisdom be removed as it been proved that we did make 700 k bid 
    Stating someone's name is not proof!
  • MarcusH26 said:
    MarcusH26 said:

I look at Bolton's attacking options bar their strikers who are a regular topic on here and there's definitely a good spot there for Collins. Ideal re-enforcement for a side that can still win the league. 
    Cheers Marcus, that's definitely going to swing it our way then! 
  • Anyone got any rumours by any chance...🙄
  • edited January 28
    Jeremy Ngakia at Watford was the last name put out there in the last couple of days I believe.

But if we’re looking for someone to play that wing back position, there’s someone who’s just been made available by Derby and I think we should be in for.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Ward_(footballer,_born_1995)
  • Jeremy Ngakia at Watford was the last name put out there in the last couple of days I believe.
    perenialy injured bloke, ex west ham, must be a wind up surely 
  • Jeremy Ngakia at Watford was the last name put out there in the last couple of days I believe.

But if we’re looking for someone to play that wing back position, there’s someone who’s just been made available by Derby and I think we should be in for.

Ward would be an excellent signing , perfect for the RWB role but can also play wide in other formations

Surprised Derby have made him available 

Any idea why’s he’s been made available? And why he hasn’t played much for them?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 28
    Scoham said:
    Jeremy Ngakia at Watford was the last name put out there in the last couple of days I believe.

Any idea why’s he’s been made available? And why he hasn’t played much for them?
    Apparently more of a winger who’s converted to wing back and is comfortable there rather than a full back that has adapted to play wing back. And Derby have tended to play with a back four where he’s been not so strong defensively.
  • Croydon said:
    jams said:
    Finally, a rumour about a wing back! Cawley says we are interested in ngakia from Watford 
    Broken ankle, out until April. Genuinely.

Maybe we can find someone even more injured and sign them instead?

If we keep signing players with ever worsening injuries, by 2027 we'll have amputees and spinal injury cases on the bench.
  • To answer the recent question.....No, I dont think we'll be signing many more players, esp not permanently. I expect on deadline day (Thursday) a few players will leave on loan & we might sign 1 or 2 as replacements. I think the last 2 weeks have shown players & their agents that we dont know what we are doing & are getting close to being in League 2 next season. I expect Connor Coventry on Sat was pouring over his contract to see if there was an "out" clause in it somewhere. 

Andy Scott has a lot to answer to. 

• Yann897 said:
    3 more , I think.
  • Scoham said:

He's injured currently and out of contract in the summer 
  • Yann897 said:
    3 more , I think.
    Yeah I reckon 2/3. Hopefully anyway 
  • I think that we may well sign 2 or 3 more, but I have a feeling that the toming/additional costs of getting rid of Appleton have probably scuppered a lot of any plans we had for long term or high quality signings in this window.

REG, Gillesphey and Coventry were all Championship or above and all signed on fairly long contracts - don't think we'll see any more of those.

Hopefully a few more out as well, Fraser probably will still get his move eventually I suspect and maybe a few others.

Appleton had to go but in classic Charlton style we've managed to go about a necessary move in a completely self harming way.
  • Scoham said:

Apparently more of a winger who’s converted to wing back and is comfortable there rather than a full back that has adapted to play wing back. And Derby have tended to play with a back four where he’s been not so strong defensively.
    Reminds me of when Jim Smith decided to change Derbys style of play and made Chris Powell available even though he was their player of the year.