Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• JamesSeed said:
    The next 37 hrs and 37 minutes will be crucial.
    Thats not as catchy as "Anything can happen in the next Half Hour!"
  • edited January 30
    Scoham said:
    JamesSeed said:
    The next 37 hrs and 37 minutes will be crucial.
    The window closes 11pm Thursday 😉
    Yes. I messed my joke up 😩

Had a feeling something wasn't quite right. Turns out it’s the good old ‘January (and a bit of February) transfer window’. 
  • But it does assume the Reading player would want to move from one unstable club to another? Also, one relegation battle to another. 

A bit like JCH, our bid might be accepted but it could be a waste of time and effort.
  • edited January 30
    It seems we're focusing on the definition of 'unstable' and applying it to the same depths of Reading. I would say we are unstable in the sense that this current Ownership is likely to fail and its details are not firmly established. You could also say our Managerial situation is rather unstable and has been for some time. We also have a Broker, who is just the broker one minute, but then a part owner the next. 

In fact the theme of Airman's article could be deemed to be the lack of stability, even with the current regime.

Personal view, not here for a 4 page ding dong. 
  • CafcWest said:
    seth plum said:
    Because I am obsessive about Charlton Athletic.
    I am pretty sure Methven will forgive me given his Theology degree and obsession for Oxford United.
    Here is a question floated by several, but not yet answered. 
    How much money per month or per year, including expenses, do Methven, Rodwell, Scott, Warrick, Leneghan, Eliot (and any other obvious ones I have forgotten) get out of the club, and does it represent good value for our legion of billionaire owners, or will we wake up one day deep in debt without the VAT and other taxes paid?
    The three in bold are employees and presumably on reasonable salaries and/or performance related pay.  Methven is an investor (owner) with (alledgedly) less thatn 5% so is probably in it for a return at some point.  Elliott and Gavin Carter are both non-exec directors so either unpaid or, most likely, on relatively small retainers plus expense.  Not sure about Leneghan as not mentioned on the CAFC website under owners/staff.

Did methven actually invest anything ? I thought he was gifted 5% as payment for "putting the deal together" ?
  • Sponsored links:

• mendonca said:
    But it does assume the Reading player would want to move from one unstable club to another? Also, one relegation battle to another. 

A bit like JCH, our bid might be accepted but it could be a waste of time and effort.
    Were not unstable at all we now have owners in who have a good structure and more important money .. I would say this is the most stable this club been off the pitch since Richard Murray .. ( not his last few years of course ) 
    Well somethings not right. Look where we are for F---s sake, if that's stable!!
  • Melrose said:
    mendonca said:
    But it does assume the Reading player would want to move from one unstable club to another? Also, one relegation battle to another. 

Were not unstable at all we now have owners in who have a good structure and more important money .. I would say this is the most stable this club been off the pitch since Richard Murray .. ( not his last few years of course ) 
    Well somethings not right. Look where we are for F---s sake, if that's stable!!
    Comparative to Reading though.

Their squad will be wondering if they're getting paid, whether their games will get interrupted and/or abandoned, whether any more points deductions will come their way.

Plus we're in a relegation right, but we're still above them after their points deduction.
  • mendonca said:

• No rumours then ......? haha 

• CafcWest said:
    seth plum said:
    Because I am obsessive about Charlton Athletic.
    I am pretty sure Methven will forgive me given his Theology degree and obsession for Oxford United.
    Here is a question floated by several, but not yet answered. 
    How much money per month or per year, including expenses, do Methven, Rodwell, Scott, Warrick, Leneghan, Eliot (and any other obvious ones I have forgotten) get out of the club, and does it represent good value for our legion of billionaire owners, or will we wake up one day deep in debt without the VAT and other taxes paid?
    The three in bold are employees and presumably on reasonable salaries and/or performance related pay.  Methven is an investor (owner) with (alledgedly) less thatn 5% so is probably in it for a return at some point.  Elliott and Gavin Carter are both non-exec directors so either unpaid or, most likely, on relatively small retainers plus expense.  Not sure about Leneghan as not mentioned on the CAFC website under owners/staff.

Did methven actually invest anything ? I thought he was gifted 5% as payment for "putting the deal together" ?
    Yes that is probably correct.  Unless someone actually gets sight of the company formation prospectus that lays out who has invested what and what the longer term plans are then it's probably fitting that this is on the Rumours thread!!
  • mendonca said:

Are you taking the piss?? If I was a footballer now I wouldn't be looking to join Charlton now unless they paid me good money? I might love this club but I would now want to ply for them. There is a storing chance I would be in League 2, with the goals we keep shipping in.  I am still trying to work out what Manager would want to manage a team 5th from bottom in League 2 with a not very strong squad. 

If this was run properly, Scott would and should have pulled the plug on Appleton 10 games ago. He should have not been in charge since Jan 1st. A New manager should have been bought in with the promise of players and a budget, and a promise of x budget next season. 

We fucked up. 
  • Jed Steer (GK)
    JCH (Striker)
    Aaron Collins (AM)
    Joe Ward (WB)

Sign those 4 available players & we’ll stay up this year & go up next year.

Piece of piss football management.

Dont even need Nathan Jones. I’ll do the job myself.
    OEY for President!!
  • Sponsored links:

• At Charlton there has been big investment during the window and players get paid with no issues. The new ownership has put the club is in a more stable position than it’s been in years.  

Performances on the pitch is a different issue. 

Not knowing if you are getting paid every month or going to lose players / points reduction  / administration  as Reading fear that’s unstable.
    Just because someone else's house has burnt down, doesn't mean the fire in your kitchen doesn't exist. 
  • There’s a huge difference between being unstable and, pardon my French, shit.  
  • Rudders22 said:
    mendonca said:

Are you taking the piss?? If I was a footballer now I wouldn't be looking to join Charlton now unless they paid me good money? I might love this club but I would now want to ply for them. There is a storing chance I would be in League 2, with the goals we keep shipping in.  I am still trying to work out what Manager would want to manage a team 5th from bottom in League 2 with a not very strong squad. 

If this was run properly, Scott would and should have pulled the plug on Appleton 10 games ago. He should have not been in charge since Jan 1st. A New manager should have been bought in with the promise of players and a budget, and a promise of x budget next season. 

We fucked up. 
    Have you been drinking;)?
  • edited January 30
    Yannik Bolasie has left Swansea, Tom Ince told he can leave Watford...
  • There's reason for that, they are both not very good.
  • Rudders22 said:
    mendonca said:

We fucked up. 
    Have you been drinking;)?
    I wish I had been :)  I was trying to reply quicky to Ronnie at pace and trying to keep calm !! I tend to type fast and correct my typing after but forgot on this occasion. Also suffering from man flu and on medication. 
  • Yannik Bolasie has left Swansea, Tom Ince told her can leave Watford...
    Bolasie is the poster boy of showpony. All fart no shit.