Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• edited January 19
    NabySarr said:
    Collins would be an incredible signing. Him playing behind a front 2 of May and Leaburn (or Ladapo) should piss the league next season

NEW
            NEW Jones Gillesphey 
    NEW   Coventry Dobson  NEW
                        Collins
                 Ladapo May 

We get those 4 signings right in the summer, we win the league. 
    Don’t need wingbacks Watson and Edun are excellent young players who will only get better their problem is the players they had in front of them not tracking back .. 
    Watson is 27 in 2 months, and Edun is 26 before the end of the season. players closer to 30 than 20 are not young players. I think both are fine as squad players but if we want to challenge at the top we need better next season.
    100% - Neither are good enough if we want a strong promotion winning team next season and neither will cut it in the Champ if we get there. 

After what he did last week for their goal, I want Watson dropped for the foreseeable. 
  • edited January 19
    jondon76 said:
    All these signings are great but there's no good having a formula one car if your going to get Mr Bean to drive it.
    I think Mr Bean will have to have a really good points return from now until the end of the season to show that he is the man to deliver promotion next season. Currently 19 points off the play off positions if I were the SMT I'd want us to finish within 6 points of them at the end of the season for him to be in charge for the start of next season (although even then I still wouldn't be convinced he is the man for the job but the SMT might).

19 points off the play offs is absolutely crazy.
  • fenaddick said:
    Cawley also says Scott and Appleton went to Connor Coventry's parent's house the night of the fans' forum. That feels like a proper Curbs move
    Where was Conor?😆
  • Simple answer, the new owners did not have enough time to research new players after taking over and the transfer window closing.
  • Just took a chance max out 363.34 sky bet top half.11/8.£863.65 back😶‍🌫️
  • fenaddick said:
    Cawley also says Scott and Appleton went to Connor Coventry's parent's house the night of the fans' forum. That feels like a proper Curbs move
    Where was Conor?😆
    Making the tea
  • NabySarr said:
    PWR

Maybe the Port Vale guy is a more reliable replacement for Chucks?

Not suggesting he’s better but perhaps injured less and will we pay up Chucks contract in the summer?
    We won’t pay up Aneke’s contract, it would be a stupid thing to do! What’s the point in paying him all the money he’s owed and him not playing for us, might as well pay him the money he’s owed and use him when he’s fit 
    Well, he’s not exactly playing for us now or ever, is he?
  • Sponsored links:

• jondon76 said:
    All these signings are great but there's no good having a formula one car if you’re going to get Mr Bean to drive it.
    True, but at the same time Mr Bean had no chance when his front wheels fell off. He started well until that happened.
  • I do think cover for Edun at LWB would be something I'd consider as an " icing on the cake " signing. If we could make that happen it would round the window off for me 
  • I know things over the last couple of months have been uninspiring to say the least but I think it's worth giving Applesauce the benefit of the doubt and seeing what he can do over the next month or so before deciding he is absolutely the wrong man for the job, it may have been new manager bounce but we looked a lotr more organised at the very least when he first arrived and hoping with more options we can get back to, and build on where we were when he first joined. Board are doing a decent job of identifying what we need on the pitch so you think they'd have an idea of the quality of coaching going on in the training ground, added to that Appleton has now received more support in Fleming so let's see how the next couple weeks unfold before we unanimously brand him clueless.
  • cfgs said:
    Scott negotiating with 4 or 5 parties at once?  Wow he must have a deal phone, a super deal phone, a super super deal phone etc....
    Well the phone never got used much in the last few years 😁
  • edited January 19
    I haven’t read the whole thread so apologies if it has been covered. Can someone explain the logic of getting Lapado on loan? Does that mean the owners think we can still go up this year?
  • Sponsored links:

• NabySarr said:
    NabySarr said:
    PWR

Maybe the Port Vale guy is a more reliable replacement for Chucks?

Not suggesting he’s better but perhaps injured less and will we pay up Chucks contract in the summer?
    We won’t pay up Aneke’s contract, it would be a stupid thing to do! What’s the point in paying him all the money he’s owed and him not playing for us, might as well pay him the money he’s owed and use him when he’s fit 
    Well, he’s not exactly playing for us now or ever, is he?
    He’s played 6 games this season, made an impact in them all, and we didn’t lose any of them. 

I’d rather pay him at least £250k a year to do that for us, than pay him the exact same to go and do it for someone else 
    You seem to be assuming that at some point we may get some injury free time and consistency from him. Nothing up to now suggests that will happen. He’s taking up space in the squad that might be used better and more reliably.
  • Uboat said:
    I haven’t read the whole thread so apologies if it has been covered. Can someone explain the logic of getting Lapado on loan? Does that mean the owners think we can still go up this year?
    So we can gain some momentum and try and sign him in the summer on a permanent deal if it goes well
  • jondon76 said:
    All these signings are great but there's no good having a formula one car if you’re going to get Mr Bean to drive it.
    He’s had a crap hand dealt so far with our jumbled squad and injuries. By the end of this window things will look very different and he’ll be expected to steer an upturn in form. I doubt he’ll be harshly judged enough for the sack unless we are embroiled in a relegation scrap but I’d think he’d be expected to get us top half. 
  • MrBurns said:
    Got to hand it to the SMT. I had my doubts but they seem to setting us up nicely for next season. Still don't think MA is the right man but understand its easier get players in now with a manager in charge than without. 
    Should have done all this in the summer, they have been 'around' the club since last January.
  • Uboat said:
    This summer he will have one year left on his contract, and there's a good chance Ipswich might be in the Premier league next season. He doesn't play much as it is and he certainly won't play if they go up, so there's a good chance he'll be offloaded in the summer. Gives us a good chance to look at him and likewise for him to see if he'd fancy moving to us permanently.
  • NabySarr said:
    Collins would be an incredible signing. Him playing behind a front 2 of May and Leaburn (or Ladapo) should piss the league next season

NEW
            NEW Jones Gillesphey 
    NEW   Coventry Dobson  NEW
                        Collins
                 Ladapo May 

We get those 4 signings right in the summer, we win the league. 
    Don’t need wingbacks Watson and Edun are excellent young players who will only get better their problem is the players they had in front of them not tracking back .. 
    if the problem was players in front not tracking back, is it a worry that as wingbacks, they won't have wingers in front tracking back?