Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• edited January 19
  • Talal said:
    RedJohn said:
    Reams mentioned we are getting a new number 10, Collins hopefully, just wondering if there is any info on alternatives, should Collins deal go no further.
    If Collins doesn't sign, do we really need to look for another 10 right now? We've just signed Fiorini, have Louie Watson and still got Fraser in the squad. If no one good is available I don't it as a position we need to rush. 
    I think we need to be as 'oven ready' for next season as possible. Fraser and Watson won't be around. If we can just add three or four in the summer, and as early as possible, and get a full pre season with a settled squad we can hit the ground running. That is where we have been falling down for a long while.
    I agree, I just don't think it's a position we need to rush if the right player isn't available. 
  • fenaddick said:
    Where has Collins come from? 
    Born in Newport mate
    Which Newport?
    I'd assumed the one in Rhode Island.
    Isle of White obvs....
  • RC_CAFC said:
    Honestly thinking that odds against on us to be in the top half is a good bet at the moment.

Calm down everyone. As it stands and on current form we would go down.... I would bite somebody's hand off to stay up and then sign another 5-6 players of this level in the summer. Lets not forget we are utterly horrific at the moment.
    Maybe a small gamble then.. just the £2.50 then rather than £10 or the hundreds others seem happy to stand to lose.
  • Sponsored links:

• CH4RLTON said:
    Im lost , potentially we could sing Ward ( goalkeeper ) uche  ( ST ) Ladapo (ST)  Colin’s ( attacking mid / winger ) the lad from Huddersfield in defence - all today ?
    Not Collins that going to take a bit longer .. there still a lot to do on that one 

• I know he'd been mentioned on here earlier in the window but Ronan Curtis has signed for AFC Wimbledon 
  • supaclive said:
    Ffs!
    Woke up in Utah at 5.15am scrawled through all the messages and nobody has signed yet.......

Night!
    Wow. That’s Olympic standard sleep walking. 
  • supaclive said:
    Ffs!
    Woke up in Utah at 5.15am scrawled through all the messages and nobody has signed yet.......

Night!
    Wow. That’s Olympic standard sleep walking. 
    It's bloody freezing too

• Sponsored links:

• MarcusH26 said:

I know he'd been mentioned on here earlier in the window but Ronan Curtis has signed for AFC Wimbledon 
    That's a great signing for Wimbledon. Slightly baffled how he's ended up in L2
  • Now this one I’d really like to see happen. With the possible signings of Ladapo and Izzy, I suspect You g would be an investment and replacement for the inevitable sale of Leaburn.
  • MarcusH26 said:

I know he'd been mentioned on here earlier in the window but Ronan Curtis has signed for AFC Wimbledon 
    Injury issues I'd guess. If Aneke was in the same position as Curtis, he would prob end up in L2
  • edited January 19
    MarcusH26 said:

Injury issues I'd guess. If Aneke was in the same position as Curtis, he would prob end up in L2

Yup coming back from a very serious knee injury sustained in Feb last year , Pompey kept him around for rehab even though he was out of contract.

Would expect if he comes through this short term deal with no side effects then he'll easily get a League 1 club in the summer. 
  • So what’s the cut off time for no announcements of confirmed signings after which we can flip into depressed mode? 
  • We've turned into the Manchester United of league one being linked with everyone now haha love it 
  • MarcusH26 said:

Not fit .. if he can get fit and playing might be worth a shout in the summer