Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• Hopefully positive signs this week (and hopefully it's setting us up a bit more for.nrxt season), but anyone else still worried the defence looks really poor still?

Hopefully Gillesphey is good and stays fit.
  • When are dobbo and CBT being announced as being sold before we announce our loan signings….
  • Have I read this right.....Uche and Ladapo are signing.....2 strikers ? It's like waiting for a bus

• Absolute cult hero, not a great football but scored the odd goal and is a passion merchant. 

Crikey
  • Hopefully positive signs this week (and hopefully it's setting us up a bit more for.nrxt season), but anyone else still worried the defence looks really poor still?

Hopefully Gillesphey is good and stays fit.
    To a certain extent maybe but realistically we are unlikely to solve all the problems at once, certainly not in a mid-season window.

If by getting a better quality in midfield/up front now means that it's only the defence that needs work next summer, great.

And we've been linked with at least one other CB and a GK so it's possible there's more to come there still.
  • Sponsored links:

• Ladapo is the player I have felt we need for a while. I look at where we are short and his game fits the gaps IMO. 
  • When are dobbo and CBT being announced as being sold before we announce our loan signings….
    What about Fraser?
  • Check ITTV for the most up to date news on who has already signed 
    REG said to be permanent which is interesting, good to get another player for the longer term.
  • Check the OS for the most up to date news on who has already signed 
    sorted it for ya...🙄
  • Check the OS for the most up to date news on who has already signed 
    sorted it for ya...🙄
    Does anyone actually look at the OS? Can't remember the last time I looked at it. 
  • Just an update on an old rumour, I didn't realise this until today but Troy Deeney had his say on our old friend Fankaty Dabo at Forest Green the other day: 'I have just told him in front of everyone – six months ago that kid had a kick to go to the Premier League. Now he won’t get a game in the National League. He is faster than everybody on pure ability but he gets ran [past] every game, he never makes a tackle and every time the ball comes to him it looks like he kicks it with his shin pads. That is the reality of it.'

So not going great then
  • Ignore RonnieMoore for the most up to date news on who has already signed 
    sorted it for ya...🙄
    Sorted it for both of ya… 🙄
    Sorted it even better....🙄
  • Just an update on an old rumour, I didn't realise this until today but Troy Deeney had his say on our old friend Fankaty Dabo at Forest Green the other day: 'I have just told him in front of everyone – six months ago that kid had a kick to go to the Premier League. Now he won’t get a game in the National League. He is faster than everybody on pure ability but he gets ran [past] every game, he never makes a tackle and every time the ball comes to him it looks like he kicks it with his shin pads. That is the reality of it.'

So not going great then
    FYI - Deeney got sacked last night for being a bully and a massive twat
    After 6 games in charge (w0, d3, L3)
  • edited January 19
    If Ladapo and Ikpeazu both sign,  a summer sale of Leaburn with the potential profit made would be a good bit of business overall on the striker front.
    Ladapo , May,  Chuks  , Ikpeazu and Kanu would be a very strong L1 strike force even taking into account  Chuks probable limited availability.
  • Sponsored links:

So not going great then
    Was interesting that, just goes to show a football career is short etc - he's gone from a team in the Championship play offs to possibly a League 2 relegation in a year.
  • edited January 19
    If Ladapo and Ikpeazu both sign,  a summer sale of Leaburn with the potential profit made would be a good bit of business overall on the striker front.
    Ladapo , May,  Chuks  , Ikpeazu and Kanu would be a very strong L1 strike force even taking into account  Chuks probable limited availability.
    Except Ladapo is a (possible) loan, and Chuks is Chuks.
  • If Ladapo and Ikpeasu both sign,  a summer sale of Leaburn with the potential profit made would be a good bit of business overall on the striker front.
    Ladapo , May,  Chuks  , Ikpeasu and Kanu would be a very strong L1 strike force even taking into account  Chuks probable limited availability.
    Three of them will be over 30 and one not far behind.

Plus a teenager. :) 

• If Ladapo and Ikpeazu both sign,  a summer sale of Leaburn with the potential profit made would be a good bit of business overall on the striker front.
    If we sell Leaburn (which we probably should given he will only have a year left), then I’d hope we can get him on loan for the season 
  • NabySarr said:
    If we sell Leaburn (which we probably should given he will only have a year left), then I’d hope we can get him on loan for the season 
    Depends on who signs him I guess, they may want to keep him in house for a season to develop, like Chelsea did with Burstow
  • Announcement happening now
  • That's one in today at least