Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• One thing to also remember about CBT is that up until this season people viewed him in the same light as Chuks from an injury perspective. 

Gutted he’s going, but it’s one less person i’m worried will breakdown every time he starts running.
  • When you gotta go, you gotta go.
  • edited January 19
    Don’t know why we’re getting excited about the strikers we meant to be signing we will still probably only play one up front 😬 it’ll be ikpeazu up front on his own May and ladapo on the wings. What a waste. 

Nothing personal Showme but this notion that you play 3 up front and two are hogging the touchline should only be used if you have class wingers and a number 8 and 10 who can support the central striker in the box. Otherwise one of the wider front 3 should always support the CF in the box when the ball is coming in from the other side. I managed to get a young group to understand this concept if we ever changed from the twin striker approach. 

Adkins tried the wide approach with Washington too far wide on the left channel and DJ on the right flank at the beginning of his last season.
    Unfortunately the attacking midfielders couldn't support Stockley and with the change of manager Conor and Jayden played closer together in a 2 and Stockley did score a few goals TBF.

Play a system to suit the players you have was stated again in a podcast with Warnock and Crouch/Sidwell I heard last week.

With CBT leaving then a possible change might happen but flexibility is key in the modern game but players have to be comfortable in whatever formation is selected and no reason professional teams who get many hours on the training patch can't change formations mid-game. 
  • Having a read on Twitter you would have thought we had thought we let him go for nothing. Yes it’s a shame he’s gone but we got a decent fee and we look like we’re playing a different system moving forward. All the signs so far are positive, hopefully just a taste of what summer will be like 
  • Assuming neither Ladapo or Ikpeazu have signed in time for tomorrow 
  • Assuming neither Ladapo or Ikpeazu have signed in time for tomorrow 
    Why? They may have but Apples wasn’t to keep it under wraps.
  • How much is the CBT transfer fee?
  • Quite clever to change to a winger-less formation right before we lose one of our best players. Can justify it more with the shape change
  • Sponsored links:

• mendonca said:
    I've enjoyed CBT's time here. You would think he failed to perform!
    If CBT goes, while it's frustrating to lose a good player, it's actually one the club will have done well on for once - sign a guy for free, he does well, get a fee before he's due to leave on a free.

Agreed. Well done Thomas Sandgaard 
    Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
  • Can we expect another announcement at 5?
  • Quite clever to change to a winger-less formation right before we lose one of our best players. Can justify it more with the shape change
    Although there is no goals in the midfield , nothing potent from the wing backs , and weaknesses in goal and in defence .  I wager Appleton ditches 352 quickly and then gets the sack.  We don’t have any cover for Edun at LWB- ideally we sign someone better .  
    Undisclosed but Ronnie will be along in a minute to tell us the exact details. 
    He’s just checking with his contact at the Plymouth Herald 😉
  • wmcf123 said:
    Quite clever to change to a winger-less formation right before we lose one of our best players. Can justify it more with the shape change
    Although there is no goals in the midfield , nothing potent from the wing backs , and weaknesses in goal and in defence .  I wager Appleton ditches 352 quickly and then gets the sack.  We don’t have any cover for Edun at LWB- ideally we sign someone better .  
    T.Watson could play left wing back if required (he played there for MK), with Asiimwe or REG playing on the right. There's also Gillesphey who could potentially do a job there, and even Campbell might be an option there with a strong player at LCB behind him.

Not sure a direct alternative for Edun is top priority at the moment
  • Any more today by any chance  .
  • Sponsored links:

• £600k bid accepted from Derby for CBT according to League 1 news on Twitter. 
    Wasn’t true though. 
  • Ben18 said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Quite clever to change to a winger-less formation right before we lose one of our best players. Can justify it more with the shape change
    T.Watson could play left wing back if required (he played there for MK), with Asiimwe or REG playing on the right. There's also Gillesphey who could potentially do a job there, and even Campbell might be an option there with a strong player at LCB behind him.

Not sure a direct alternative for Edun is top priority at the moment
    You’re right - I should lower my expectations 
  • edited January 19
    How much is the CBT transfer fee?
    Ronnie was busy, but he asked me to pass on an exclusive £2.5 Mill...there you go...🙄
    Between 400,000 / 500,000 plus nice sell on clause 
  • Loved watching CBT but 400k if true is pretty decent business all things considered.

6 months left on his deal and a change in formation for us to get the best out of May means he wouldn't fit into the new system. (Certainly we wouldn’t see the best of him if playing as a wing back anyway) 

• I'll be sad to see CBT go, but I'm not convinced he will make the step-up to the Championship, should Derby get there.