Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• DubaiCAFC said:
    Dubai vs Cawley round 2. 
    Round 3… 2-0 Dubai
    I believe cost of living in London is the hold up.. he agreed personal terms, then started to back track. It is 50/50 at the moment. But club are still confident 
    Hi is from harrow! Surely he knows how much things cost down here 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Guy from Port Vale slightly held up. Still expected to go through 
    What’s the hold up mate?
    His information isn't up to date, waiting on Charlie to tell him it's off.
    Pointlessly antagonistic. 
    You can't peddle one second its still expected to go through at the same time it's reported to be off without expecting a brickbat or two. I expect he can take it 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    What’s the hold up mate?
    Was Charlie methen around when Dubai said we would sign Alex gilbey
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Long trek from Burslem 😄
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Long trek from Burslem 😄
    worth the walk just to get out of Burslem though 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Dubai vs Cawley round 2. 
    Round 3… 2-0 Dubai
    I believe cost of living in London is the hold up.. he agreed personal terms, then started to back track. It is 50/50 at the moment. But club are still confident 
    Long time since he lived in the capital.
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Long trek from Burslem 😄
    Only 90 mins max on the train from Stoke into Euston 😉
  • fenaddick said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Long trek from Burslem 😄
    worth the walk just to get out of Burslem though 
    True. 
  • Sponsored links:

• DubaiCAFC said:
    Dubai vs Cawley round 2. 
    Round 3… 2-0 Dubai
    Exactly! He knows his cash goes further where he is than down south.  Probably pushing his luck to squeeze a bit more; could backfire.
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Lazza76 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    What’s the hold up mate?
    Was Charlie methen around when Dubai said we would sign Alex gilbey
    No, but he is my best mate, and he messaged me to say we stole him from under Sunderland’s noses.. We are that close…..
    which player Dubai?
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    What’s the hold up mate?
    Pointlessly antagonistic. 
    You can't peddle one second its still expected to go through at the same time it's reported to be off without expecting a brickbat or two. I expect he can take it 
    I'm sure he can but why say it in the first place? Cawley has got 2 transfer wrong now im Coventry and Ladapo so go give him some shit.
  • edited January 19
    Does anyone know if either Reg or Fred are ready for tomorrow....please...🤞

...This is a bit like "On the Buses"...🙄
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Bit gutted about that to be honest but if we can use the money from CBT and the money we was gonna spend on Uche to now get a couple of wing backs I’d be happy.
  • Think it's time to cut the new owners some slack. If all these rumoured signings come off, then it'll be one of the best transfer windows for a long long time.
    I agree with @DubaiCAFC that last summer, as we all know, TS was dragging the process out for his own gain! That left the new lot with little time to do much, and I agree what they did was crap! However, this is a new window, there are no excuses, it's all on AS and the board. So let's see what today brings, and indeed, the next 14 days. Whatever now transpires is down to AS, the board, and MA!
    If this is a start for making us properly competitive for next season then more power to them! Only time will now tell! 

Mate we can’t cut them any slack we have constantly been told that they are all chancers who have come here to cash in on our academy reduce costs to achieve project breakeven !!

oh wait they seem to have the willingness to spend money on decent players !!! 

I wonder why the doomsayers haven’t popped up recently ???
  • Ikpeazu is a non-scoring journeyman. We need somebody with more about them as reality is an upgrade on Chuks and Leaburn is required (due to their bodies/injuries). 
  • I’m getting very boring in my old age but I’m taking the approach of not trying to analyse too much until the window is closed. There’s too many moving parts and we need to see where we are once it’s all done. Certainly ripping it up though. 
    I was taking that approach but then I realised the worst damage we could have inflicted on us as fans would be the loss of Dobbo and CBT, two players who I had girded myself to the likelihood of them departing anyway. It’s so nice to see us at least attempting to build a competitive squad and so far, like you say, we are ripping it up 👍🏼
  • I’m sure it’s been asked already but is Freddie the older brother of the Ladapo in our academy?
  • Sponsored links:

• CafcSCP said:
    I’m sure it’s been asked already but is Freddie the older brother of the Ladapo in our academy?
    yes
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    What’s the hold up mate?
    You really love to piss on chips mate. Give it a rest
  • I’ve been beaten to it.. good team work gang
  • Great signing.

Hope we go for the perm in the summer, but if he smashes it for us surely it's likely a few championship clubs will come in for him. We've done some good business this window it's just a shame we're so far off pace
  • mart77 said:
    I can’t be the only one who sees the Ikpeazu deal being pulled as a sign that JCH might still be a possibility?
    Ikpeazu not off, 50/50, Dubai said.